Print

Author Topic: Religion  (Read 70698 times)

« Reply #255 on: May 11, 2004, 11:29:59 AM »
-_-' Social Darwinism has nothing to do with evolution...

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #256 on: May 11, 2004, 04:48:10 PM »
LD, IS said that survival of the fittest dosen't apply to humans. Thats what my comment was on. Nothing to do with Evolution.

Push button...
Receive Bacon!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2004, 01:28:04 PM »
Hmm, then someone should tell my grandma who should be dead five times by now.

« Reply #258 on: May 12, 2004, 02:16:42 PM »
I always forget to come to this thread at least once, and should mention what is my belief.

I'm a Christian from the Roman Orthodox Church.

I don't know if any of you know Orthodoxy, but I don't think I have the knowledge or the time to explain.
Of course, the Orthodox do believe in Christianity in much different views than the Catholic or the Protestant.

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #259 on: May 26, 2004, 03:46:39 PM »
I am not one to revive long-dead topics. But, I am not one to break promises, so Tomorrow, the rest of St. Thomas's proofs WILL be posted.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #260 on: May 26, 2004, 03:56:35 PM »
Because among things there are some that are more beautiful, better (more good), truer (more true), and
some things that are less beautiful, less good, less true, etc.   ¬
And because something is "more" or "less" only as it resembles something else which is the maximum/the "most,"
... there is something which is the most beautiful, best (most good), truest (most true)-something perfect, and this could only be God

Because things in nature which do not have 'intelligence and knowledge act in a consistent way,
And because a thing without intelligence and knowledge cannot act consistently unless it is directed by some being endowed with intelligence and knowledge, as the arrow is shot to its target by the archer, ...
some intelligent and knowledgeable being exists by whom all natural things are directed, and this could only be God.

Because if God does not'exist to create the universe, then there' would be infmite time,
   And because with infinite time every possibility is eventually actualized,
   :. if God does not exist; then every possibility is eventually actualized.
   Because every possibility is eventually actualized if God does not exist,
   And because things can both exist and not exist at different times,
   :. one possibility is the simultaneous non-existence of all things.
   Because one possibility is the simultaneous non-existence of all things,
   And because if God does not exist, then there would be infinite time,
.'. the possibility of the simultaneous non-existence of all things
would have taken place by now.
Because the simultaneous non-existence of all things would have taken place by now, . And because that which does not exist only begins to exist by something already existing,
:. by now nothing would exist.
Because things do exist now, :. there exists something which cannot both exist and not exist at different times¬something which much exist at all times, and this being could only be God.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #261 on: May 27, 2004, 02:40:42 PM »
Whoa... that was really deep...

Actually, I make my Confirmation this Sunday. I dunno if I already mentione don this thread, I'm a Lutheran, Protestant branch of Christianity.

I see God not so much as a being, but as an entity that oversees all else and keeps everything in the universe going. I believe many scientific theories, but I'm a firm believe in God also. I think stuff like the Big Bang theory was caused by God, and things like Evolution apply to animals, as previously stated in this thread. I try to work as many scientific ideas into Religious beliefs.

« Reply #262 on: May 27, 2004, 03:38:34 PM »
"And because if God does not exist, then there would be infinite time,
.'. the possibility of the simultaneous non-existence of all things
would have taken place by now."

WHY? Who says we're that far along in Infinite Time?

This philosophy is complete bunk.

Meowrik's post was much more sensible.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #263 on: May 27, 2004, 06:37:21 PM »
Infinfinite time= Time goes back forever.
Time goes back for ever no Begining.
No begining, everything would have already happened by now.
Infinite Time=Infinite Possibilities.
So If Infinite time is true, Time would go infinately back, therefore It must have think of negitive Intergers, they go back forever, like time.
Oh well, we all will look at those proofs differently. So respect others oopinions.
Lizard Dude I don't want to get in a fight with you because I like you. SO I think we should give it up. OK?

Edited by - Koopaslaya on 8/20/2004 7:48:51 PM
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2005, 02:50:54 AM »
Something has happened in my life that I wish to share with others. It is very directly about God, and that's why I'm posting it in this thread. Anyone who wants to is welcome to read the account of what happened, but I can honestly recommend it only to those who would consider themselves Christian. It doesn't seem likely to me that others would gain much from it, but I can't say for certain. You know how I feel about it, so I'll leave you to make the decision.

This is something that I desire to share with other people in my life, too, so I put the text onto a separate web page that is easily viewable by you guys and by non-Fungi Forums members alike. Click the following link to go there.

Not exactly a blaug entry.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #265 on: May 05, 2005, 07:15:49 AM »
That looks interesting, Watoad.  I'll have to read it later. :)  Anyway, about this whole infinite time thing, I believe that God existed before time and he created it for our benefit.  Or maybe there was no time on Earth until Adam and Eve screwed up the 'system' and then time began and people started to age and die.  This may sound impossible but when you think about it it's probably the only thing that could really work since if there is a beginning there must be something before that, but if there was no beginning then a beginning could be made.  And maybe one day things will return that way and time will be no more (at least that's what I think).  It took me forever to even understand that theory the first time I heard it.

Oh hey, did anyone see that news special last night about the rapture and the authors of the Left Behind books?  I thought it was pretty cool but they kind of made fun of the believers.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 5/5/2005 6:17:53 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #266 on: May 05, 2005, 12:32:34 PM »
 I read what you had to say, Watoad. To be honest, something to that degree is unfathomable to me. I'm overjoyed for you, as I believe it's rare for someone to be as touched as you have, by God himself.

I'm a skeptical person by nature, and due to that, most everything I read is subject to the said skepticism, and your story was no different. But, I want to make this clear, I believe every word of it. To some, it might sound outrageous, and though I haven't had the fortune to experience what you have, I do not have a doubt in my mind that it happened.

And, as I said, I'm extrememly happy for you. It's an amazingly powerful experience, I'm sure. It's something I can only hope more people are able to experience, be it through your aid, or another's.

Also, at some point in your story, it sounded as though you were 'Speaking in Tongues', a gift of the Holy Spirit. My knowledge of this is rather limited, but being granted that gift is a high honor.

I was worried when I saw this topic reappear, again, but now I'm glad it has. Very nice, Watoad.

« Reply #267 on: May 05, 2005, 12:41:04 PM »
That was pretty interesting, Watoad.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #268 on: May 05, 2005, 05:38:26 PM »
I'd say every word of what Black Mage said. That was incredibly awe inspiring.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #269 on: May 05, 2005, 05:54:48 PM »
I think what God told you is true for all of us...unless you're, like, the one or something.

If your day is bad, a nice comment at night can change everything.

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print