Print

Author Topic: The worst Mario character(s)  (Read 5176 times)

« on: November 22, 2003, 08:59:17 PM »
I think that theres already been a topic on this before, but I'm not sure. Don't get mad at me if there is. Just simply tell me. The worst Mario character [in my mind] is Wario. I mean, some of his games are good [primarily the Game Boy series games] but WarioWorld sucked incredibly. Wario should really just be in Game Boy series system games[in an adventure type game] Wario can be in games like Mario Kart and junk, but when it comes to home systems, Wario is worse than Ty! Well, what do you guys think? Wario really just a portable game guy to me.

Nintendo owns you.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 09:54:40 PM »
What are you saying, Killa? Wario rules! Worse than Ty the Tasmanian Tiger? I think not. Also, Wario World WAS cool. It sure wasn't Super Mario Sunshine, but still fun. Anywho, my least favorite? Lanky Kong. Sure, the DKC characters were not considered Mario characters, until recently, but still. I really couldn't stand that gimp. He was so incredibly ugly (even uglier than Cranky Kong) too. Sure, just about all three of the the newer DKC characters (the other two are Tiny and Chunky Kong) were lame, but Lanky Kong, wins the cake for lamest DKC character ever. And now that the DKC series is part of the Mario Universe (since Rare sold all of the DKC characters to Nintendo), he also wins the cake for lamest. Mario character. Ever.

---------------------------------------------

Luigi hated it when he craped his pants. Boo!

Edited by - Lonic the Elfinhog on 11/22/2003 7:57:42 PM
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2003, 10:24:41 PM »
I love wario. Lanky kong is who i was thinking of, but i didnt think he was considered a mario character. In the mushroom kingdom, however, i think that the worst character is Bowser, of course. He has been the evil force in all but two or three mario games. He is the most evilish of them all.
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003, 10:56:21 PM »
OK, I think I need to step in and say a few things.  I kind of agree and disagree with all of you.

First of all, Killa of PS2, I thought Wario World was great.  It and Wario Land VB I think were the best Wario games made, and I think Wario is one of the best Mario characters.  There's a lot of reasons, too many to post here.  However, I did like the gameboy Wario games a lot.  One way to look at it is that you can't really compare Wario Land and Wario World, as they're completely different.

Second off, Lonic, you're right - Wario rules.  However, Birdo's right that Lanky is not a Mario character.  You say that Lanky is a DKC character, but he isn't really that either - he was never in any of the DKC or DKL games.  I personally would classify him as a "Rare character."  Everything else you said is right, though.

Third, Birdo, you're right about Lanky, as I just said.  The only thing I disagree with you on is your statement on Bowser.  Sure, he's an evil guy and all, but you've gotta admit that he's darn cool.  In fact, I think that his evilness makes him even cooler --- but that's just me.

I mean what I mean, but if you know what I mean, how can you mean what I mean - y'know what I mean?

MAAAAARIO WHERE AAAAARE YOU??

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2003, 11:10:08 PM »
I thought It meant worst as in baddest or evilest (if that is a word) Bowser is my favorite.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2003, 11:49:01 PM »
My least favorite is Wart, Bowsers so called "brother", Why would a turtle have a frog brother. Actually, I love wart, I love all mario characters they all rule, forget i said anything
Wart rules!!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2003, 12:07:04 AM »
Wart isn't "really" a Mario character, I don't think.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2003, 12:27:04 AM »
Wart is not Bowser's brother. They never said he was, nor was there any hints about it. As for me... I'd have to say those annoying humans in the original Mario Golf. THey were one of the worst ideas ever for a Mario Game.

I am Meowrik! The 5th Samurai Pizza Cat! beware the fearsome fury of my fiery Jalapeno Katana!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2003, 01:19:28 AM »
Well if we're counting DK characters, then Dixie, Kiddy, and all of the new Kongs in DK64 (I don't even remember their names) are among the worst.

Other than that, Waluigi is pretty darn stupid.  

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2003, 02:00:13 AM »
I thought everyone would say Waluigi. Waluigi's pretty weird, but still cool... in a weird way.

The human charcaters in Mario Golf 64 were by far the biggest mistake made. I don't know if Camelot or whoever was in La-La Land or something when they were thinking of characters, but they sure did derail that little project.

*watches train with 'Mario Golf' on the side derail*

Trainman- Train Horn Man <--- I''m with stupid.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2003, 12:03:31 PM »
I have super mario allstar for snes and in the beginning of SMW2 a person tells mario that wart has taken over or something and that he is the brother of Your Bowser.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2003, 12:18:49 PM »
First of all, Super Mario World 2 was never in Super Mario All-stars. Second of all, the story in Super Mario Bros. 2 says nothing about Wart. It says things that Mario dreamed that he opened a door after walking up a long staircase, and woke up and saw what he saw in his dream, (Which we later find out that was also another dream) So, you are wrong and I am right. Your last post made no sense. Go back and check your facts, because none of your post was correct. Don't say I'm wrong because I also own the game and just played it 5 min. ago to verify my statement.

I am Meowrik! The 5th Samurai Pizza Cat! beware the fearsome fury of my fiery Jalapeno Katana!

Edited by - Meowrik on 11/23/2003 10:20:24 AM
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2003, 12:31:13 PM »
I have the game right here, You must be playing the GBA version. I am talking about the SNES version. They sometimes change things. They also did not place this message in the first edition game packs Check the Box it came in and it will say 1st edition in the lower right hand corner. My friend has a first edition I have seen.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2003, 01:49:09 PM »
Actually, Birdo and Xarbok, you are both kind of right about Lanky Kong. I would say that he is half-Mario character, since Nintendo bought the DKC characters from Rare. I would say Mario/Rare hybird. The main reasene I think this is because Diddy Kong is in the new Mario Spiff-off games (except for Mario Party 5). That makes him a Mario character, as well as other fellow Kong members. Also, DK64 was a DKC game. Any Donkey Kong game made by Rare, is considered a DKC game. Of coarse, Donkey Konga and future DK games that star grown-up DK Jr. (known as todays Donkey Kong) are also considered DKC games, since Rare sold 100% of the licence to Nintendo.

Luigi hated it when he craped his pants. Boo!

Edited by - Lonic the Elfinhog on 11/23/2003 12:01:40 PM
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2003, 04:46:15 PM »
I own Super Mario Allstars, and I can tell you, Bowser is never mentioned or implied in Super Mario Bros. 2. You might be thinking of the game's manual. I lost it a long time ago so I'm not sure if it says anything about it in it or not.

The worst mario character... a tough question to answer. I would have to say...King Boo. And that's only 'coz he's nothing special.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Print