Poll

What are your views on war?

It should be fought whenever possible even when it isn't needed
1 (2.9%)
It should never be fought even when innocent lives are threatened by the opposing side
7 (20.6%)
War ain't pretty, but sometimes it's necessary
19 (55.9%)
PaperLuigi smells
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Print

Author Topic: War  (Read 39642 times)

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2008, 09:40:02 AM »
Why, Chup?
"it's always the present"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2008, 10:32:13 AM »
I didn't lock that thread, so just consider that for a moment.
That was a joke.

« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2008, 11:08:05 AM »
I guess it was solely Deezer's decision then. Pardon me for placing the blame on you.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2008, 01:12:17 PM »
Well, it's someone's fault! Let's knock something over!

But in all seriousness, locking potentially good topics for personal reasons = not cool, in my book.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2008, 01:39:35 PM »
You might say it's a ... political decision.
That was a joke.

« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2008, 01:48:14 PM »
But in all seriousness, locking potentially good topics for personal reasons = not cool, in my book.

I honestly thought we were all mature enough to talk about politics. In my opinion, the political topics in general chat made for some of the best conversations this board has had in a while.

« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2008, 02:14:22 PM »
Indeed. True, there might be one or two people that aren't mature enough for this  (which is a problem hardly exclusive to TMK), but for the most part I think that the people here are very respectful.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2008, 03:08:21 PM »
Well, obviously the reason Deezer doesn't want political discussion is because when he was 7 years old, he saw a gang of politicians raping somebody in an alley. Ever since then, he's had nightmares about homeland security and economic differentiation. From that day forward, he swore that he could never ever engage in politics. Ever. (except voting)
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2008, 04:43:58 PM »
Well, obviously the reason Deezer doesn't want political discussion is because when he was 7 years old, he saw a gang of politicians raping somebody in an alley. Ever since then, he's had nightmares about homeland security and economic differentiation. From that day forward, he swore that he could never ever engage in politics. Ever.

Until the day they came for his family.

DEEZER II: FISTS OF VENGEANCE

THIS TIME, IT'S POLITICAL - SUMMER 2009

Fixed.
every

« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2008, 04:52:05 PM »
Further hints: the ban of political discussion had nothing to do with what was generally considered by the powers that be as being a stupid thread, and Deezer hasn't decided anything in roughly two years.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2008, 06:05:20 PM »
I still think there's no real ban. I'll test it:

George Bush is not a good president.

Let's see what happens.
every

« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2008, 08:13:58 PM »
Well, which George Bush are you talking about? There are two of them you know. And I'm not talking about George W. Bush's good and evil side.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2008, 08:57:16 PM »
I see George W. Bush as a pretty okay president. He's not great, but not as bad as people make him out to be. The way I see it, he got dealt a REALLY really crummy hand what with September 11th happening nine months into his presidency. Jabs at his intelligence are unfounded and I actually feel a little bad for him considering he runs a country in which most people consider him as dumb as a chimp. You can say what you want about the war on terrorism, that's fine, that's your own political beliefs. However, the one thing I respect about him is that he stands for what he believes in. For him to continue such an unpopular military operation because he believes it's the best decision, even though it's cost him his dignity, says something about his character, which so many people unfairly denounce for ignorant reasons.

Oh and, hahahaha, he says "nucular". those crazy southerners and their accents.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2008, 03:41:04 PM »
Oh crap. It was just a generic political-sounding comment, people.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2008, 04:46:37 PM »
POLITICS!!

MOAR POLITIX!!

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print