Poll

What Is Your Favorite Kind of Public Sink?

The ones where you push the button, then they run for a while and shut off.
0 (0%)
The ones where you have to keep holding the button for water to come out.
0 (0%)
The "automatic" sensor ones.
10 (47.6%)
One handle/knob with random temperature.
1 (4.8%)
Good old-fashioned "H" and "C" handles.
10 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Public Sinks  (Read 6706 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 05:49:15 AM »
Well, it's still got 12 degrees before it boils. In Farenheit, at least.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 08:19:06 AM »
I love the concept of "restart the sink".
For lack of better phrase at the moment. :/
I'm a horrible person.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 10:05:50 AM »
No, seriously, that was way cool.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 12:44:03 PM »
Old-fashioned H and C handles.

Ones where you push the button and it works for a while is no good because it's usually a short time period and I have to keep pressing the button. Ones where I have to hold the button down are worthless because I can't cup enough water into one hand while pressing the button with the other. Automatic sinks are bad because the sensors are poor. I had my hands under the faucet and nothing happened, until I realized the hands had to be very close to the faucet for anything to happen. Even then, the sensors were wonky. And one handle with random temperature I don't like (yeah, it seems random at times) because it either ends up too hot or too cold, it's too much effort to get it at a happy medium.

Considering some opposition to handles because germs can accumulate on them, if only there was a self-germ-destroying handle thing, or some cover that is relatively germ-free, or like a Lysol sheet over each handle... yeah, that's never going to happen. And like Ellen Degeneres said, after you wash your hands and dry them off, you have to touch the disease-ridden door handle to get out. Might be better to have one of those push doors so you can just push it open with your shoulder or elbow. But then you'd have to hope no one's on the other side trying to enter at the same time.

The one thing I'm more concerned about regarding public bathrooms is why you still have to use that horrible paper to dry off your hands. It's hard, doesn't seem as absorbent, and my hands never feel dry using those until I use up 2-3 sheets. And if for whatever reason I try to blow my nose with one of those things (I never do because it's futile to do so), it's like sticking needles through my nose.
So I do enjoy the automatic heat dryers, just as long as they're the right temperature (not hot enough that you can only have your hands under it a half-second at a time). Plus, it's always great to have heated-up hands, it's like putting on warm clothes.

I say either make those automatic things last until we're three feet away, or make it possible to operate everything using a shoulder or elbow. But then the diseased stuff would be on our shirt... or worse, an unexposed shoulder or elbow. Imagine putting soap there.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 01:11:49 PM »
I'm an automatic person myself to.

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 11:43:51 AM »
I like the good old H and C ones. The censors are annoying. It's impossible to get some to turn on and stay on. I also like the handle H and C ones because you can put paper toweling over the drain and leave the sink on so it floods the bathroom lol.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 04:23:44 PM »
you can put paper toweling over the drain and leave the sink on so it floods the bathroom lol.
"You did it again, didn't you? I told you not to do that, why do you do that?"
"Harry, it's our calling card! We're the Wet Bandits!"
"You're sick, Marv, you know that? You're really sick."
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008, 10:15:51 AM »
I like the good old H and C ones. The censors are annoying. It's impossible to get some to turn on and stay on. I also like the handle H and C ones because you can put paper toweling over the drain and leave the sink on so it floods the bathroom lol.
qft
typos can sometimes be a way to mean different things

What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2008, 11:47:36 AM »
To heck with the automatic sensor sinks. I want control over my temperature.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Print