Print

Author Topic: Your version of a game  (Read 3943 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« on: July 04, 2008, 11:10:49 AM »
How do you know what version of a Mario game you have?  Like I want to know what version of Super Mario 64 I have.  How would I do that?
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 11:13:23 AM »
I'm not sure if there are multiple versions of the US Super Mario 64 cartridges, so I wouldn't know how to tell the difference, sorry. For the japanese versions, the Rumble Pack Edition (Shinou) has a rumble pack sign at the bottom-right of the screen where you see Mario's head. Another difference is that the regular japanese version has the beta Jolly Roger Bay painting with bubbles and a blue painting outline, while the Shinou Edition doesn't.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 11:52:10 AM »
As far as I know there are no differences in any American SM64 ROMs. You can see which release it is by whether it has a -1 or -2, etc. after the game code. My cartridge for instance is NUS-NSME-USA-1. That's the Player's Choice release, and I don' t know if they made another release after that.
That was a joke.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 01:35:20 PM »
Mines the players choice release too.  Which is why I thought it may have been a later version.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 03:33:04 PM »
If it has a -1, it's different from the version without any suffix.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »
All Player's Choice games are automatically -1, at least as far as cartridges go, even with no changes to the game code. If they've had software revisions prior to being Player's Choice, the Player's Choice version might be -2 or more.
That was a joke.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 10:37:08 PM »
So it's a version 1?  Cause that would be great.  The lower the version.  The more glitches!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 11:26:41 PM »
Like I said, I'm pretty sure there's no difference in any of the American SM64 ROMs.
Also, a later release of a game could introduce more bugs. You never know what broke when they fixed something else.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 12:18:03 AM »
After seeing the videos of Mario flying through levels at mach speed, who really cares - no amount of patches is going to save that leaky bucket.
You didn't say wot wot.

Print