Print

Author Topic: (insert adjective here) stories  (Read 86558 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2008, 02:54:29 PM »
Here's a conversation I had with my new roommate the other day:

Roommate: Oh, you have a Wii?
Me: Yeah.
Roommate: What games you got for it?
Me: Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Super Paper, Elebits, Excite Truck, and a bunch of Gamecube games.
Roommate: Do you have Melee?
Roommate: Melee's awesome. I'll take you in that any day. I'll totally kick your [donkey].
Me: Well, I only brought one controller with me from home.
Roommate: Oh.
Me: ... Brawl looks really good.
Roommate: I hope that game sucks.
Me: ... Wait, what?
Roommate: Smash isn't a real fighting game.
Me: Why not?
Roommate: It's in 3D.
Me: ... No it's not.
Roommate: Well, you know what I mean.
Me: ...
Roommate: I mean, I know it's in 2D, but still, it's, like, not flat. Mario's, like... you know.
Me: Right.
Roommate: Smash is kiddy. I play real fighting games. And RPGs.
Me: Oh. Ever play Chrono Trigger?
Roommate: That game's [dukar].
Me: *shocked expression*
Roommate: I don't wanna offend you or anything, but it was [poo-poo]. Final Fantasy is way better.
Me: So I guess you didn't get all 14 endings.
Roommate: Actually, I did.
Me: So you hated it, and yet you played it long enough to get all 14 endings?
Roommate: I was bored.
Me: ... I like Paper Mario.
Roommate: Yeah, I liked the second one. The first one was boring. It was just, like, Mario looks at a bubble and thinks about what he's gonna do and you get people like Lakilester... and that's all it is.
Me: ... Huh?
Roommate: You know.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #286 on: January 20, 2008, 03:28:06 PM »
That's a pretty adjective story.
How come he says he likes Melee and then disses the whole series?
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #287 on: January 20, 2008, 06:19:00 PM »
That's the adjective part.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #288 on: January 31, 2008, 06:06:35 PM »
There are two rooms at my school where gaming happens, next-door to each other. "Ours" is room 407, "theirs," 406. The teacher from room 406, Mr. Thomas, took a break (the reason is tragic, but I don't know any of the details) and everyone who played Melee in 406 migrated to 407. But for some bizarre reason, they stand minimal feet away from the television, players and spectators alike. Like june bugs around a bug zapper.

Not amusing when they flood in.

Eventually it began to get out of hand. It was hard to move, hard to see, idiots claiming "I was here before you," et cetera. I suggested we make it "Bring your own controller" to help solve it, but that didn't end up happening. So, I bought myself a used GameCube on eBay for $58 (with a bunch of other stuff, it was an excellent deal). I would use the neat screen I've got for it and make it STRICTLY bring-your-own-controller. My friends and I would escape to it. The day I brought it...

"Welcome back, Mr. Thomas!"

:[                     ]

Well, I don't regret it. Today we enjoyed only SIX people total at the GameCube, sitting down a good distance away, at a reasonable volume. And to top that off, they were all people I actually know. So I guess I'll get my Gamecube home tomorrow...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #289 on: March 11, 2008, 12:31:07 AM »
Vid and Friend's crazy NYC Brawl Adventure

I was sitting at the TV in the living room, watching Back to the Future Part II with a bag of clothes and other things, and my pillow, with my mother. The doorbell rang. Jeff, a friend of mine who lives in Brooklyn was at the door, ready to take me to the midnight launch of Super Smash Bros. Brawl in Manhattan.

We hop in his car, and head out for the city. We made a quick pit stop for gas, as well as food. We went to Wendy's and had eaten dinner there.

The ride took awhile. We departed around 4:30, so by the time we entered Queens and Brooklyn, the sun was already setting, and when we got out of the car to get into his apartment to drop off my stuff, it was dark out.

It was also raining on and off, so when we got to the subway station, we were soaked. We took the R train from his apartment in Bay Ridge in Brooklyn to Prince Street in Manhattan. The ride took awhile (About 12-13 stops, an ~18-20 minute ride) so we dried off, and waited. When we got to that stop, we headed out of the station, asked for directions to the Best Buy, and headed there.

We entered the building, and saw flashing lights in an area, we immediately went over it and saw this:

5 wide screen televisions on a balcony, showing a Brawl fight that was occuring downstairs. A guard in a suit was barring access to the staircase, so we just watched. We also wondered where the line for the game was, so I asked the guard and he said a line won't form until a few minutes before release. There were a couple of DJs announcing the fight down there, one male, and one female. It was an ongoing tournament that also had rounds in LA, San Fran, and Boston.

The male announcer periodically went upstairs and asked trivia questions for prizes such as Nintendo-related clothes, Wii games, and Wiis. I knew the answers to almost every question, but never got their attention to answer them. =/

He also said from down there, we could "Head upstairs and pre-purchase a copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl so you won't have to wait in line". Jeff and I took the escalator upstairs and asked a staff member, who told us that they weren't reserving copies anymore. We got back downstairs we felt like the staff was lying, since the announcers were still claiming we could.

So we waited awhile again. Finally, I put two and two together and realized that the floor Jeff and I were on WAS the "upstairs" they were referring to. I walked up to the staff and asked if the staff members who told us we couldn't pre-purchase were wrong. He went on a nearby computer to check, and took me to a section of registers that had staff taking money and giving receipts for a copy of the game.

I called over to Jeff so he and I could pre-purchase. Now feeling good about myself for asking about it and being able to guarantee myself a copy, I enjoyed the rest of the tournament. When the New York contestants were finally whittled down to one last player, the three winners from LA, San Fran, and Boston came in and, with the New York winner, did four rounds of Brawl. Eventually the LA and San Fran players were eliminated, and the Boston player won, much to the dismay of the tons of New Yorkers surrounding him.

After that, they led us out of the building and into a line on the sidewalk in the back of the store. Jeff and I waited in the dark Manhattan streets by playing Mario Kart DS together, and socializing with the two people behind us. The line moved every so often, and two staff members in front of the line took pictures of people waiting to get their copy of the game at midnight. We didn't wait very long, thankfully. It appeared that mostly everyone decided to pre-purchase a copy. We finally got in at midnight, presented our receipts, and got ourselves Brawl.

We took the subway back, went back to his apartment, and played for a couple of hours. Then, I went to sleep on his couch for the night. When I woke up, it was about 9:30, so I waited on the couch for Jeff to wake up (wasn't a long wait) and make us breakfast. After that, I had changed into my other clothes, and we played Brawl until about 2. After all the craziness, he took me back home. I got back at around 4~4:30, so I had been away from home for just about one whole day. =3

Fun weekend, this was.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

CrossEyed7

« Reply #290 on: March 11, 2008, 10:01:41 AM »
I played a little Brawl on a friend's Wii last night, and then came back to my room to engage in the following conversation with the same roommate as last time:

Roommate: So, how was Brawl?
Me: Good!
Roommate: No, like, how good?
Me: (in Cheerleader's voice) So good!
Roommate: Who says that?
Me: Cheerleader.
Roommate: Sweet, there are cheerleaders in Brawl?
Me: No, Teen Girl Squad.
Roommate: What's that from?
Me: Strong Bad.
Roommate: What's that from?
Me: Homestar.
Roommate: Homestar? ... Like... Homestar Runner?
Roommate: Like homestarrunner.com?
Roommate: You know, I've heard about that before. What is it, is it like a website?
Me: ... That is typically what the .com part references.
Roommate: Oh.

Incidentally, he's graduating from college at the end of this semester. Seriously, how do you go through college without ever seeing h*r? Maybe he actually does homework instead of watching cartoons all day

« Reply #291 on: March 11, 2008, 02:20:30 PM »
I stopped watching H*R when I realized it wasn't actually that funny.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #292 on: March 11, 2008, 04:23:10 PM »
I stopped paying attention to Vidgmchtr when I realized he had no sense of humor.
That was a joke.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #293 on: March 11, 2008, 04:33:06 PM »
I stopped hating these senseless arguments... oh wait, I didn't.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #294 on: March 11, 2008, 06:55:23 PM »
I stopped paying attention to Vidgmchtr when I realized he had no sense of humor.
I stopped paying attention to Chup when I realized he always had something to say about me that he didn't like.

« Reply #295 on: March 11, 2008, 07:04:25 PM »
Well, technically you were paying attention because you answered his comment with a comment of your own. :/
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #296 on: March 11, 2008, 07:13:57 PM »
And so did Chupperson pay attention to Vid. Therefore, neither of them wins. How depressing.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #297 on: March 11, 2008, 07:50:16 PM »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #298 on: March 11, 2008, 07:51:54 PM »
Sadly, Humor seems to be just seems to be defined by the prejudices of the general audiences. What one person thinks is funny may not be funny to someone else, but if 50% or more of the general audience or more thinks its funny, it is funny nonetheless.

On the other hand, theres times on Homestar-Runner when things are funny, but theres other times when things are just plain dumb.

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #299 on: March 14, 2008, 10:24:43 PM »
Me at the bowling alley today...

Me: Man, I think I've lost my stroke (just threw my third gutterball of the game)
Buddy 1: Dude, don't throw gutterballs just to make us feel good (they had thrown more than me at that time)
Me: Nah, I think that was my wrist
(next time up, I throw two gutterballs)
Me: I swear, it's the Wii that's causing me to throw poorly
Buddy 2: Yeah, Wii bowling will do that to you
Me: My stroke is too Wiiified
Buddy 2: I can tell since you aren't getting the ball down low enough
Buddy 1: The bowling ball is not your half pound Wiimote
Me: Yeah, that last swing would have been at least a three on a Wii
(next time up, I get the ball down and wind up getting 8 pins)

Anyone else ever have this happen to them if they haven't done real bowling in a while and have played a lot of Wii Sports?

Print