Print

Author Topic: Donkey Konga Central!  (Read 7639 times)

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2004, 02:25:41 PM »
Question#1 Answer: Unless they are in four player, Candy and Funky are not in the game.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2004, 06:14:35 PM »
DK Rap is my least favorite song from a Nintnendo game (that I know of).

I always have at least one other person to play with.  My wife.  Not Bob, my invisible frienc.  He supposedly doesn't exist.

I got a second set of drums today.

Has anyone used the Pelican version?  I here they are bigger, but are they better or worse in any way?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2004, 09:29:20 PM »
How dare thou blasphemy the wondrous D Krap, eh, DK rap.  That beautiful melody of gobbledygook has provided more than just a hearty chuckle from the deepest depths of my soul.  You havest no right to disrespect it!

Yikes, I just got a really stupid thought right now (along with everything else I think of).  Has anyone tried to play the drums with their butt yet?  That would be really hard but stinkin' funny!

"Kids, don''t use formula one race cars to chase hedgehogs."

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 10/2/2004 9:45:27 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2004, 08:22:23 AM »
C'mon!  No one's tried that before?  You guys are just weird (or maybe I just am).  Well, I've got a better idea anyway.  Has anyone tried sharing a bongo controller with someone by hitting only one drum while someone hits the other?

The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2004, 09:22:39 AM »
I haven't tried that, but I have played one-player and passed the drums between songs.  We don't play the duets or challenges much now because we want to get coin and unlock stuff.  (My wife would rather play The Sims: Bust'n Out.)

I have tried several differernt things for clapping.  Snaping my fingers. I have found that I am not good at snapping with my left hand.  Tapping the side of a drum with a pinky and ring finger.  This works well because it takes little movement and your hand is still close to the drum for the next beat.  Slapping your leg.  Alternatively slapping your legs with both hands works good for clap rolls.  Alternating hands you make a "clap" with is also helpful and many songs so that the other hand stays over the drum for the next beat.

I find it best to put the drum between my knees, but change their positions and my clapping technique often to mix it up and save my self from repeatitive strain injuries.

I played the challenge where you see how many song you can play in a row once.  I got bored with it after 30 something songs.  They should have allowed you to pick songs, sound effects, etc. in that mode.

I love this game, but spent more time last night researching the Nintendo DS underground internet advertizement.  Donkey Konga is too loud to play correctly while others are sleeping.

The game can be played with a standard controller or with the sound off.  Has anyone tried either?

Has anyone played with their feet?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2004, 06:55:59 PM »
Man...All this talk of DKonga makes me really wish I had a gameCube so I could buy and play it....

____
Being a better slave never made anyone free
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2004, 10:24:32 AM »
I got gold DKs on all the monkey levels.  Anyone else?

I haven't tried using a GCN controller yet, but has anyone else?  How does it work?

I tried to use the drums in Mario Pinball Land using my Game Boy Player, but it didn't work.  Has anyone used the drums on any other game?

Which song has the most easily available coins?

Which drum sound(s) do you like?  The barnyard set is funny, but I prefer the Latin set for most songs.  I haven't unlocked them all yet.

Is there a guide that shows all the songs beats?

Have you memorized any songs?

Do you think we will get a Donkey Konga 2?

Sorry for all the interogation, but this game is so cool.

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2004, 11:06:49 AM »
Hey, it's me... I'm still alive, I'm gonna try and come back here like I used to a lot...

Anyways, if you ask me, Donkey Konga is cool, but I think DK: Jungle Beat will own Donkey Konga!
 n/a

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2004, 12:31:39 PM »
I got gold DKs on all the monkey levels. Anyone else?

I haven't gotten all golds on any level, but I do have all silver and gold on Gorilla, which is pretty much the only difficulty I play. Is there any sort of reward for all golds?

I haven't tried using a GCN controller yet, but has anyone else? How does it work?

Me neither.

I tried to use the drums in Mario Pinball Land using my Game Boy Player, but it didn't work. Has anyone used the drums on any other game?

I was wondering about that myself. I don't think the drums send a signal for a specific button, though, do they?

Which song has the most easily available coins?

Good question. I just play what's fun and try to forget about coins. Then it goes faster.

Which drum sound(s) do you like? The barnyard set is funny, but I prefer the Latin set for most songs. I haven't unlocked them all yet.

The Whip It Set rules all.

Yes, the screen. ;)

Have you memorized any songs?

No. :(

Yes!

You can interrogate me anytime about cool stuff.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2004, 01:35:15 PM »
LD, I think you should have put a blank line between questions to make it easier to read.  Thanks for the quick answers.

Is there any sort of reward for all golds?

Not that I found.  Maybe if you get gold on all songs at all three difficulty levels, but I doubt it.

I don't think the drums send a signal for a specific button, though, do they?

I don't think so either, but don't know for sure.

The Whip It Set rules all.

I also like that one, but thought the animal sounds were funnier and that the bonga and Latin sound went with more songs.

Yes, the screen. ;)

LOL.

Yes!

I hope so!

You can interrogate me anytime about cool stuff.

*brings in a barrel of ice cubes

What would you think if Donkey Konga had the symbols scroll vertically with different symbols in columns like in DDR?  Would it be better or worse?

Edited by - Luigison on 10/10/2004 12:39:46 PM

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2004, 03:39:17 PM »
I don't really think it matters which way they scroll, although bottom to top gives you less time to see stuff in advance.

I do think it would be better if each hand had its own column and claps were in the middle, though. After so much DDR, everything in one line just seems too much confusion. Interpreting where things are is easier than interpreting what symbol is coming at you, all on one line.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2004, 06:58:18 PM »
I thought up a pretty good idea while playing the other day...

Rather than releasing a sequel, they should've made the game, so that you could store up to 30 songs on it. However, they could then release Donkey Konga e-Reader Cards containing song data, which you scan on the GBA, and send to the GCN using the GCN/GBA Link Cable, a la Animal Crossing, to unlock new songs on it. Then, you could get rid of songs you don't want *cough* Diddy's Ditties/Campfire Medley*cough* and replace them with songs you do like, similar to the plan they have for SMA4. This would actually probably sell well, bring the e-Reader back, and make everyone (or at least everyone with a GBA/e-Reader/GBA/GCN Link Cable) happy.

Come on, you must admit, I did come up with something pretty genius, there.

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2004, 07:59:37 PM »
Well, it would actually convince me to buy an e-reader, for one.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2004, 08:13:05 PM »
LD, you don't have an e-Reader?  Have you ever played the SMA4:SMB3 e-World levels?

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2004, 05:05:14 PM »
Sorry I'm posting so late but I just wanted to tell you my idea.  Here it is: when the next Nintendo comes out it could have that CD recording thingamabob like the Xbox has.  You stick your favorite music CDs and MP3s into the machine and it records all the songs you like.  Then you turn the game on you can transfer the songs straight into the game and play any song you want!  That would rock!  Whatdya think?

Print