Print

Author Topic: Why do most people hate Pokemon?  (Read 8072 times)

« on: July 15, 2005, 05:27:00 AM »
How come most people on this board except Latias Dita, White_Arrow, and me hate Pokemon? I can see how people hate Pokemon. The topic about the Pokemon tv show. In The games part of TMK, someone had to say: Why did they have to put 2 Pokemon instead of Bowser in SSB. I mean there is already 4 Mario related characters. I'm being serious here people.

Mario Mario he''s our man, If he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound, no one can!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 09:37:50 AM »
I like the original Gameboy Pokemon games, but that's it.

“I’m afraid to dukar tomorrow.
It’s just going to be a burger.” - LD

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 09:40:38 AM »
I'm a diehard Pokemon fan.

--------------------
"Whilst thy banter is freshest of any month-old fruit, I must away, you poppinjays! I''m off to find me lute! Forsooth!"
"..... What the crap was that all about?"
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 10:40:06 AM »
I was about to say that...

YOSHIS RULE
OH SNAP, It's White Arrow!

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 11:24:29 AM »
Pokemon? I used to like it, but now I just want the darn thing to be put to rest. However, I still might go back to the original Game Boy games for a good old adventure.

"Rockin Robots, Dr. Light!"~Megaman
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 05:11:43 PM »
I have nothing against Pokémon, but I don't play it.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 07:24:49 PM »
In the early years, I really hated Pokemon.  Unfortunately, I was drawn into it just before 2000.  I'm trying to get out of it, even though  it's impossible.

QUOTE: Why did they have to put 2 Pokemon instead of Bowser in SSB
------
They wanted to promote the product, and Nintendo must have thought that not too many would have wanted to use King Koopa anyway.

QUOTE: Pokemon? I used to like it, but now I just want the darn thing to be put to rest. However, I still might go back to the original Game Boy games for a good old adventure.
------
As a former trainer myself, I retired upon the arrival of the Advance Generation.

"This is a SQUARE HOUSE. Please report any un-fairness to the proprietor"

Edited by - marioseeker on 7/15/2005 6:29:33 PM

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 07:43:18 PM »
This topic has been discuessed so very many times here. Yet, out of all those threads made, you've easily made this thread the biggest drama.

It isn't some sort of crusade. People like different things. Some people don't like cutesy stuff, others don't like popular things. Some enjoy what Pokémon is. There's no reason to argue about it, especially when it's been done before.

And to keep some semblance of the original topic, I personally enjoy the series. I'm not a diehard fan, by any means, but as long as the games are solid RPGs, I'll keep giving them a try.

Edited by - Black Mage on 7/15/2005 6:44:01 PM

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 08:36:37 PM »
Pokemon's all right. Great, actually. An RPG where you can entirely customize your team is a pretty good idea (although I wouldn't get obsessive about it). I just don't like the shows/movies. The thing is, I didn't get Ruby or Sapphire, and I need to save my cash for the Revolution and Mario Games.
But anyway, yay for Pokemon. RPGs are my favorite genre of game.

Got Bird? –Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 08:40:13 PM »
Wow Bird Person.Haven't seen you in a while.Why do all the members disappear then come back?(Markio will probably be back soon)

YOSHIS RULE
OH SNAP, It's White Arrow!

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 09:56:56 PM »
i always thought it was lame, never enjoyed the games, and it was a big fad where lots of stupid kids wasted a lot of money on the stupid cards.

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 10:32:14 PM »
Of all people, How is that I didn't make it on that list of Pokemon fans Aarom11 made? I have a reputation of demanding respect, yet no one remembers I'm a Pokemon fan? No one loves me....

Anyways I feel I should post some reasons for why Pokemon won't be dying anytime soon:

Don't listen to your friends, a huge group of people still watch the show. Last time I checked, it was the second highest rated show on KidsWB and has recently made a return to Cartoon Network. Yes It may be repetitive but that's what most 30 minute Toy/Game commercials are like, which brings me to my next point...

The Pokemon games still sell like hotcakes. If I remember correctly, Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire were #2 and #3 in the list of highest selling games of 2003. I'm not sure of the sales figures of FR/LG or Emerald, but I imagine they'd be around the same estimate.

Wait that was only 2 reasons. Oh well it's enough.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 10:38:30 PM »
FireRed and LeafGreen did sell like hotcakes.

"That Mormon almost destroyed my left hand." ~TEM

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2005, 07:32:01 AM »
And like hot cakes, they tasted very sweet.
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

Sqrt2

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2005, 05:31:49 PM »
But don't scold you hands.

Inner harmony is achieved through application of will.
AA fanboy and proud!

Print