Print

Author Topic: Need some sprites!  (Read 5317 times)

« on: August 03, 2005, 03:24:42 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find some SMB(Super Mario All-Stars version) background sprites(Castles, blocks, etc.)?  Sorry if this isn't allowed.  Thanks.
W/E

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 03:26:35 PM »
You can find all the sprites you'll ever need at The Shyguy Kingdom.

EDIT: Oh wait, you need background sprites from SMAS? I can't think of anywhere to get those, so if you have the ROM, I'd suggest opening ZSNES, get to the part in the game that has what you're looking for, pause it, use the number keys to turn off all the graphics layers expect for what you need, and take screen captures.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 8/3/2005 2:29:54 PM

"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 03:28:14 PM »
I am familiar with the Shyguy kingdom, but I don't think they have background sprites.  If they do, where are they?
W/E

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 03:30:57 PM »
You might just have to rip them yourself. See my edit for instructions how.

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 03:46:07 PM »
The Spriter's Resource is a great place for background images. This link goes to the Super Mario main page.

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 03:46:35 PM »
Thanks for the link.  A mod can close this now.

But wait, one more question:Does anyone know a good program to make the frames and images in?  Because MS Paint SUCKS.

Edited by - The Almighty Voice on 8/4/2005 8:25:50 AM
W/E

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 06:10:17 AM »
I think Adobe Photoshop is the best; I use Paint Shop Pro, so I guess anything with layers will do.

Fox McCloud, Ace Pilot, at your disservice.
Fox McCloud, Ace Pilot, at your disservice.

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 11:08:19 AM »
Yes, but Photoshop takes a dreadfully long time.  You have to make a background and a sprite sheets, carefully cut out the sprite from the sheet, paste it on the background, carefully cut it again, and move it to the spot you want.  Then repeat for any other sprites you want, and POOF!  You have one little frame!  Anyone know an easier way?  And if you do, can you include instructions?  Thanks.
W/E

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 12:24:09 PM »
Heres an easier way, use photoshops backround knockout tool and then just copy and paste, save and import

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »
Where would I find this tool?
W/E

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 02:03:43 PM »
magic wand in photoshop, it comes with photoshop. It's hotkey is w

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2005, 02:47:25 PM »
OK, now I know I sound just plain stupid, but I selected Magic Wand and still can't find it.  Can someone give me directions?
W/E

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2005, 06:12:57 PM »
You press the backround. It selects the backround. Now press ctrl + x at the same time. It deletes the area selected. Now you go and cut out the sprite

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2005, 06:53:48 PM »
I'm sure by now you're all sick of me by now, but I have yet another problem.  Whever I select and copy the background on something with text, the outline of the text is on it when I paste it.  And when I take something without text and try to highlight the background, it only highlights one specific part of the background!  can someone help me with this?
W/E

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2005, 08:01:21 PM »
Mess the the tolerance settings on the Magic Wand tool. If it's picking up more than you want, turn it down. If it's only picking up very little(like you said, only one part of the background), turn it up.

EDIT: Oh, and turn off anti-aliasing if you don't want the text to leave that outline.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 8/6/2005 7:02:54 PM

Print