Print

Author Topic: Are there 2 Baby Bowsers?  (Read 10491 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2006, 12:51:02 PM »
No, Master_M-Dog.  Unless you can provide us with your source, I'm not believing that.
It's been covered many times, that Baby Bowser is Bowser as a baby, and Bowser Jr. is one of Bowser's eight kids.  Those are two different bandanas.  Baby Bowser's bandana is more like a bib.  BJ's bandana is a magical piece of cloth that can transform BJ into Shadow Mario.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2006, 01:24:43 PM »
BJ has two bandanas, one has a nose and mustache on it which can shapeshift him into shadow mario while his other just has a drawing of a fanged mouth that he wheres in NSMB.
"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
"I obstruct"

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2006, 01:46:51 PM »
While that is true, why would one be bothered with a romantic relationship if one cannot reproduce.  The genetic code of the Koopa would not lead them towards even pairing up with the opposite sex if they reproduced asexually.

Because this is fantasy fiction. And not only is it fantasy fiction, it's fantasy fiction set in a world where the stork delivers new babies to their parents.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2006, 02:06:42 PM »
While that is true, why would one be bothered with a romantic relationship if one cannot reproduce.  The genetic code of the Koopa would not lead them towards even pairing up with the opposite sex if they reproduced asexually

Okay I should have clarified... some species can reproduce both sexually and asexually.  Not that I'm implying anything about the Mario series, which is fiction, and inconsistent at that.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2006, 07:31:41 PM »
If Bowser reproduced asexually, wouldn't his offspring be clones of Bowser?  That might explain why Bowser Junrior looks so much like Baby Bowser, but it wouldn't explain why the koopalings look a lot different from Bowser (and why one koopaling is female).

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2006, 08:40:17 PM »
You don't HAVE to buy it, though. Just like Kamek's disappearance, Nintendo left us with only our imaginations to guess what's what.

With that said, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :P
I bet I'm better than you at Yoshi's Island 64!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2006, 12:02:45 AM »
Bowser Jr. IS Baby Bowser. Adopted and renamed by Bowser. This is true because of the signature bandana.
Not possible. Baby Bowser is Bowser, but a baby. Didn't the name "Baby Bowser" give that away? Don't say "They met in M&L:PiT" because they were separated by time afterward and never met each other again. Though I think the Koopa Kids in the earlier Mario Parties were called Baby Bowsers... that doesn't matter, spinoffs aren't canon.
The bandana... maybe Bowser gave it to Bowser Jr. as an heirloom (though it changes all the time... a mustache, fangs, and when Baby Bowser wore it it was blank...)
And again, the Koopalings are considered Bowser's children because he made them with evil magic. Bowser Jr. may have been made as "an improvement." The Koopalings never talked so maybe Bowser wanted to have a son he could better connect with, so he got rid of the Koopalings and made Bowser Jr. Just another theory, I'm actually coming up with this off the top of my head as I type it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2006, 07:36:39 AM »
spinoffs aren't canon

Who said? Saying that something 'isn't canon' is just a way of saying 'this is too hard for me to work out'. I accept the spinoffs and actually divised a few of my own theories on them. In this case, I'll state mt theory on the 'Baby Bowsers/Koopa Kids' from MP. Bowser tried to clone himself, but the spell went arwy and resulted in a bunch of little Bowsers instead of one big one. As for the other kids, I belive the Koopalings came from a wife, who divorced after Bowser wanted to use the children in the war effort, and Bowser Jr. is an improved clone,like Boba Fett to Jango Fett(which means the kids from MP are like the clone troopers :P)or Minime to Dr. Evil.That explains how he looks so much like his father when he was a baby.

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2006, 09:14:41 AM »
The Koopalings and Bowser Jr. could have been born around the same time. Bowser wanted the Koopalings to help him so he made them older by magic. He left Bowser Jr. alone because he wanted a normal son. Bowser Jr.'s supposedly old enough in Super Mario Sunshine to help out.
Senior Mariology professor

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2006, 09:45:31 AM »
That's the beauty of this. There can be an endless number of theories, but none of them are "right". I guess we may as well stick to our own ideas and leave it at that. Now let's lay this topic to rest. Further discussion should go in the Mariology thread. I didn't bump it for nothing, ya know.

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2006, 11:15:28 AM »
Here is what I think.

Baby Bowser was Bowser. As a baby.

The Koopalings came from a wife, who is never shown in games or other media, but has served her purpose with Bowser, and Bowser abandoned her (sad, yes, but...).

All those little Bowsers you see in Mario Party games are minions with no relation to Bowser, who were turned into what they look like with Bowser's magic.

Bowser Jr. was also born from a wife, but not the same wife as the one who conceived the Koopalings. This makes Bowser Jr. the Koopalings' half-brother. Bowser then lied to Jr., telling him Peach was his mother.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2006, 11:15:59 AM »
It's a big Bowser family!
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2006, 02:14:39 PM »
Can we please move this discussion to the Mariology thread? This one already served it's purpose. I bumped the other thread for a reason.

Print