Print

Author Topic: So, just where were the Mario Bros. born?  (Read 3044 times)

« on: May 01, 2001, 11:59:40 PM »
A few of you whi liked my "Where do the Koopa Kids come from?" explanation (see the "another weird theory" thread) expressed interest in hearing my "Where were the Mario Bros. born?" theory.  Since the "SMW vs YI" thread has also raised this issue, I though it'd be a good time to post this.  It will be a bit long, but bear with me.

The theory can have two versions: One if you belive all humans in the MK are originally from Earth, and one where you think their are humans born in the MK.  I prefer the first one, so here it goes:

Mario and Luigi are orphan babies growing up in an orphanage.  The only remembrance of their parents are two big hats with their first intials on them. Even young, Mario is adventuresome and Luigi is cautious. One day, the two are crawling out where they shouldn't be.

They enter the bathroom.  Mario has always been curious as to where the water goes when the plug is pulled in the tub, so he convinces Luigi (in baby talk) to check it out.  He manages to put some whater in the tub and pull ou the plug.  But...

This is the tub they'll get sucked down unclogging it years later, so it isn't a normal tub.  They are both sucked into the Mushroom Kingdom

(this is getting lengthy.  I'll turn it into two posts)
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2001, 12:26:23 AM »
The pipe they imerge from is in an open area.  Over head, a stork has just delivered a Mushroom baby and is on it's way back to the top secret location of the Mushroom Kingdom Baby Delivery Service, when it hears the confused cries of two strange babies.

It takes them back to the storks.  The storks only know one thing to do with babies: deliver them!  So they pick two parents-to-be in the MK to deliver the new babies to.  Off goes the stork.

<insert "Yoshi's Island" storyline here>

After the events of YI, Mario and Luigi are successfully delivered and the stork returns to tell its tale.  (Here's where the storks decided to punish Bowser years later by making him raise seven bratty kids.)  But the Mushroom people are confused by these twins, and decide to take them to the Chancellor.  On the way, they take a break, right next to the pipe Mario and Luigi entered in!  Luigi, recognizing the pipe (he's a smart kid) gets Mario to crawl back in with him and go back to Brooklyn, where their guardians in the orphanage have been worried sick about them. The Mushroom parents don't know where they went, and eventually give up looking for them.

So, the Marios grow up in Brooklyn, NY, not remembering anything from "Yoshi's Island."  Years later, by fate or just coincidence, they are sucked down that same drain/warp pipe and become heroes of the Mushroom Kingdom.

IF you beleive humans can be born in the MK, you could start at the events of Yoshi's Island and instead of their crawling back in the pipe, their Mushroom parents send them to our world to be safe from Bowser.

There you have it!  It's a stretch, I know, but the first thing I thought when I played YI for the first time was, "Okay, how can I keep BOTH storylines?" This is what I came up with.

Hope you like it.  Give me your comments or theories of your own.

And, if you liked this, I'll share my "Where do Peach and Daisy come from?" theory.

One more thing: this is just my imagination working overtime, and not officailly Nintendo, nor what anybody has to think.  It's just for fun.

Enjoy!
--Roy Koopa

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2001, 05:20:45 AM »
Hey that was a great theory/story! Maybe I'll make it into my own theory too...

Actually, When I started playing Yoshi's Island I thought that Mario&Luigi were simply born in Mushroom land and were being delivered to their parents..

"Hammer time!" -hammer bros.
"Hammer time!" -hammer bros.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2001, 12:16:14 PM »
I like that! That is very creative!

"..."
"..."

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2001, 03:38:01 PM »
That is one good theory.I really liked it!I also would like to hear the theory of peach and daisy.Let's hope you say that peach and daisy are NOT cousins(some people think they are)!

Would you like to buy a star?

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2001, 11:37:14 AM »
Hello again everyone.  As I said, I want to post some of my theory topics, and since I had already posted this one, I am bringing it back up to the top so that our newer members can read it.  So, tell me what you think!

More theories coming soon...

--Roy Koopa

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2001, 01:35:42 PM »
I always thought they WERE cousins.

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2001, 02:08:46 PM »
**** Roy Koopa is good!
I am looking forward to more of your theroys (sp?)

Its-a me! Mario!

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2001, 08:51:42 PM »
Thank you!

--Roy Koopa

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2001, 11:03:10 PM »
I know this may seem kinda dumb, but I'm bringing these theories back up to the top so they won't be overlooked by new members.  :)  I just enjoy sharing them!  
--Roy Koopa

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2001, 09:29:56 PM »
This is my response to "Mario's Parents."  I wrote this theory a while back, and so now I bring it back up since it tells my answer to that forum.

Enjoy!

--Roy Koopa

"What?  You don''t think I''m the oldest?  Come here and say that!!"
--Roy Koopa

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2001, 06:29:53 AM »
It is very hard to understand the true origin of the Mario Bros., because Nintendo has changed the storyline so many times throughout their games... Here is my theory...

The Yoshi tribe had recently beaten Baby Bowser in Yoshi's Story. While he was rehabilitating, Baby Bowser found a secret scroll buried within the mountains of Yoshi's Island. The scroll stated the destiny of the would-be Mario Bros.: They would come to Yoshi's Island and defeat Baby Bowser and rescue all the Yoshis. So Baby Bowser employeed the help of a fellow Magikoopa named Kamek, and sent him to investigate upon the matter. Kamek found the stork that was carrying the Mario Bros. and he immediately tried to capture them... He succeeded in capturing one of them, but the other one had fallen out of the stork's basket! Kamek thought that it would be unneccessary to rescue the other baby, since the fall would probably have killed him... So Kamek rushed off back to Baby Bowser's castle to delever the baby to him. Meanwhile, the babay that had fallen out of the stork basket landed near one of the Yoshis on Yoshi's Island. The Yoshi that found him was green and had a red saddel on his back. The Yoshi took the baby to the other Yoshi's who soon learned that his brother had been captured by the evil Kamek and had been sent to Baby Bowser's castle! Well, you know the rest... The Baby Yoshi's took Baby Mario to rescue his brother... Etc., etc., etc. ...

Mama mia! It''s-a me, Mario Maniac!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Print