Print

Author Topic: Mario Vs. Zelda  (Read 5432 times)

« on: April 15, 2001, 04:35:44 PM »
of these two hit nintendo charectors that have been there since the beginning, which do you like better? I personally like Zelda better, mario comes in a close second, what do you guys think?

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2001, 05:32:03 PM »
Luigi :-p
"Timmay!"

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2001, 09:21:24 AM »
I prefer Mario most of all
Then Pokémon
Then Zelda
Then Kirby
Then Earthbound, StarFox and Metroid together

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
Pokémon guides, downloads and info.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2001, 10:35:00 PM »
It's REALLY hard for me to pick just one. I like pretty much all franchises, except for all the sports franchises. Except Mario Golf and Mario Tennis, of course.

And every once in a while I tend to like a franchise all of a sudden that I ignore for months. Like Star Fox, for instance. But gosh darn it, Nintendo would be fools to not include Falco in the upcoming Star Fox game. It just isn't a Star Fox hybrid without Falco!

Peaceful penguins, demented dragons and growling griffins, oh my.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2001, 04:16:23 PM »
My favorite has and always will be Mario Bros. games. Zelda Second. And eveything else, a very close third.

Now I'm gonna make a monkey out of you
Now I''m gonna make a monkey out of you.

Link

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2001, 03:54:23 PM »
ParraTrooperCaption, You rule!

The Triforce Protector

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2001, 08:05:03 PM »
I have always liked the storylines in the Zelda series better, especially with the two installments on the N64.  The Zelda story is one that has only gotten better with time.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2001, 03:46:46 PM »
Well I for one think that Zelda was good while it lasted but it seems like Nintendo is just making Zelda games because of the name and how it attracts players. I personally didn't like the way Majora's Mask was a disgrace to the Zelda name. Nintendo shouldn't make these games that experiment with new types of game play with one of the stable character, they could create new character with the ideas they've had before I'm sure more could come of it. Well I've rambled long enough I would have too say Mario's my favorite game character, but they're not putting him intoany real games anymore. THat would be what I want to see
 When 8 bit was lame it became My Game, Fox Zerro the swift brown fox still riding the lazy dog

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2001, 06:52:00 PM »
But Fox, the problem with that (Nintendo never trying new stuff inthe Zelda series) is that everybody will start *****ing about how the gameplay in Zelda games is "recycled."  Personally, I liked Majora's Mask.  If nothing else, it was a nice change of pace--a good way to keep the Zelda gameplay from getting stale.

Anyhow, here's my personal franchise ranking:
1-Metroid series
2-Mario series (and the Wario games)
3-Zelda series
4-Donkey Kong series(classic and the Rare games)
876-Poke who?

-----------------------

-=bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ=-
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2001, 07:00:06 PM »
good point billy, I do agree with your love of metroid we definetly need to see some more Metroid games they rock
 When 8 bit was lame it became My Game, Fox Zerro the swift brown fox still riding the lazy dog

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2001, 04:31:27 AM »
we will, Metroid IV (GBA) and Metroid Prime (NGC)

"PARATROOPA'S, ATTACK"
"PARATROOPA''S, ATTACK"

Link

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2001, 02:10:34 PM »
Hey! My friend just got me hoked on Final Fanisty. What about that?

<<hits hand over head>>

oh! This is a Mario or Zelda fourm. Sorry

The Triforce Protector

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2001, 07:49:17 AM »
Fox,it goes like this.

Link was a little kokiri boy,but figured out he was the hero of time.When he got his hands on the Master Sword,he was too young,so he warped 7 years later.After that he was going to continue in his child form.So he went into the lonlon and took epona out.(as his child form)He told Malon that he had expierience and Malon said okay.So he was riding through the lost woods to play with skull kid.But when he got there,Ganon's Magic was there,too,because that's all he managed to get through from the dark world.skull kid ran in,Epona after him,and link after epona.that's how Link and epona got into termina.

some of it's not Fanfic!(Go to Zelda.com,go to the library,and go to the hall of knolege.(or anything else.))

Here we go!
--------------------------------
Anyone remember me?Roy Koopa''s brother?Theory-Guy?You know,don''t you?Ah,screw it.

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2001, 07:49:48 AM »
Fox,it goes like this.

Link was a little kokiri boy,but figured out he was the hero of time.When he got his hands on the Master Sword,he was too young,so he warped 7 years later.After that he was going to continue in his child form.So he went into the lonlon and took epona out.(as his child form)He told Malon that he had expierience and Malon said okay.So he was riding through the lost woods to play with skull kid.But when he got there,Ganon's Magic was there,too,because that's all he managed to get through from the dark world.skull kid ran in,Epona after him,and link after epona.that's how Link and epona got into termina.

some of it's not Fanfic!(Go to Zelda.com,go to the library,and go to the hall of knolege.(or anything else.))

Here we go!
Anyone remember me?Roy Koopa''s brother?Theory-Guy?You know,don''t you?Ah,screw it.

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2001, 07:50:22 AM »
Fox,it goes like this.

Here we go!

Print