Print

Author Topic: SSBB: Yoshi's Story music  (Read 9915 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: June 04, 2007, 09:51:21 AM »
The latest update to the official Super Smash Bros. Brawl site is a second music track.  This time, it's a new arrangement of the ending theme to Yoshi's Story!  This particular track was arranged by Masafumi Takada, composer of the decidedly un-Yoshi's Story-like game, Killer 7, as well as music producer of Samurai Champloo: Sidetracked and God Hand.  Click the link below to listen.

Link: Smash Bros. DOJO!!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 12:56:20 PM »
After how bad Yoshi's Story was, I find it interesting that they choose to use Yoshi's Story-themed levels and music in the Smash Bros. series.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 01:53:40 PM »
Oh great! Now people can debate what the Yoshies are saying all over again. It'll be madness!

.. only, with the new arrangement, it sounds like they are saying "the arrow", or "ban yero".
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 02:21:17 PM »
Well Deezer, Ice Climbers is about 800x worse than Yoshi's Story and they use that!

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 02:29:39 PM »
.........I liked Yoshi's Story............

This music is cool, plus Yoshi is basically confirmed (as if there was any doubt) for the game.
Let's make like a baby and head out.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 02:34:29 PM »
Hmm... the music is from Yoshi's Story, yet the stage we saw was from Yoshi's Island. Will there be a YS stage and a YI song to compensate?

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 05:00:25 PM »
I wonder how they will make Yoshi look like. They make most of the characters in the Smash bros series look quite different then they did beforehand.

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 05:16:23 PM »
This composition is awesome!
I loved all of the music from Yoshi's Story.

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 05:20:26 PM »
coolguy64, aren't you from the GameFAQs message boards? I feel like I've seen your user name somewhere over there..

On topic: the Yoshies are singing "the airport"
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 05:52:37 PM »
Well Deezer, Ice Climbers is about 800x worse than Yoshi's Story and they use that!
Yeah really, what up wit' dat?!

The Yoshis now sing "eeeyeah-ohh" from the popular Yoshi rock song "Fruit in the Wind."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 08:06:57 PM »
Super Smash Bros. needs more Yoshi's Island and less Yoshi's Story. There was a YI stage in one trailer, one I downloaded...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 10:08:55 PM »
Only after listening to the remix did I realize what the subtext was talking about. It's translated kind of strangely. In fact, a lot of the SSBB site is translated in a... well, off manner.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 11:14:57 PM »
Oh, I didn't even realize what this indirectly means. My player has definitely not been dropped. Like they'd get rid of Yoshi... heh...
Hopefully orange will be one of his alternate colors this time. 'Cause y'know, orange is my favorite color. Yeah never mind.
All I need now is some evidence that Ness is still around. If he's not I'll mourn later, but...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 02:24:35 AM »
Quote from: <a href="http://chupnet.com/bestchatevar.txt">Sapphira</a>
* Sapphira loves YS music
(Not to be confused with Ys music, although that's awesome too. XP )

The remix is all right, but I'm fond of the Yoshi's Story ending and credits variations. The voices sound weird in this version. Too smooth and in-key. I always thought the off-key singing was adorable, although I prefer it without the voices.

On topic: the Yoshies are singing "the airport"
Haha, my parents say that too, and, to this day, refer to it as "The Airport Song." And then they butcher it horribly. They like to sing it whenever I go to the airport. 9_9 I haven't even played that game in YEARS, yet they "remember" this!

I always thought it sounded like eee-yeaaaah-paaaoooi or something.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 02:48:45 AM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 04:21:18 AM »
As a kid it sounded like "be thankful".

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 09:28:53 AM »
I always thought it was "be careful."
Let's make like a baby and head out.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 11:07:31 AM »
Maybe they're singing the last three notes in KK Song.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 04:55:13 PM »
I always thought they were singing vowels with no consonants whatsoever.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 07:47:21 AM »
When nintendo made them "sing" it. I think they just made random cute noises up for them to say, nothing really meaningful.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 11:31:20 AM »
Kazumi Totaka made it all up.
That was a joke.

Print