Print

Author Topic: The PROTOTYPE topic: Discuss all PRE-RELEASE video games here!  (Read 32962 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2006, 10:56:32 PM »
New video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGbmUl9YceQ
A guy playing Super Mario Galaxy. He seems to be very good at it.
Strange.  He walked on the wall of the castle in the same place we did at E3.  Actually I guess it's not very strange.  A lot of people did it, but meh.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2006, 03:49:30 PM »
Okay, I think I've got the TEST Level all figured out. The TEST Level isn't a test of all levels in the game, but rather a test of all of the objects in Delfino Plaza. So there would be a TEST Level for each level in the game (test level for Bianco Hills, Ricco Harbor, Gelato Beach, ect.). That would explain the lack of flying pirhanna (sp?) heads and Puffies.

100,000 CTOAN points to anyone that can find a test level for every level in SMS.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2006, 11:16:14 PM »
I just can't stay away from this topic and this time I've found a video that might knock your socks off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQmM9Ydf63g
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2006, 12:49:08 AM »
Haha.

Quote from: The Video Narrator
... looking suspiciously like Virtua Cop.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2006, 08:30:02 AM »
The early version of Wave Race looked like F-zero on water. 0_o

« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2006, 06:59:56 PM »
I found this interesting page chock-full of E3 footage and screenshots from the beta version of Luigi's Mansion. It holds TONS of things, like different types of ghosts, room arrangements, and rendered FMV not featured in the final game.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2006, 01:44:22 AM »
I knew about some of that stuff already, but quite a bit was new to me. In any case, this Luigi fan is amused...

« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2006, 07:05:57 PM »
I remember there being another movie from/about Luigi's Mansion..

It was an FMV, and I think I saw it on IGN, before the GC came out. I can't remember if this is the beginning or not, but I do remember that it went something like this..

According to the camera angle, we are inside the front hall of the mansion. Luigi opens the front door, as the moon casts his silhouette onto the floor infront of us (we can't see anything but his shadow on the ground), he closes the door, slowly walks in, then stops about halfway across the entrance hall. The camera pans (or moves) up a little bit to show that we are seeing one of the Mario Bros (keep in mind that at this time, people thought we were seeing Mario..), and then the light comes up a little bit to show that we are seeing not Mario, but Luigi.

Luigi then turns to the camera for a second, turns back around, and is scared by a ghost (just like in the FMZ at that site..) I wish I could see that movie again.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2006, 04:13:52 PM »
I know what you're talking about and I went to look for it myself. All I've come up with is part of it and it's in a video here. It's the one called Spooky! E3 2001 footage.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/015/015453/vids_9.html

« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2006, 06:55:35 AM »
More SMB3 lost levels? No wai!

Well, anyways, Japan got a ton of e-Reader cards for Super Mario Advance 4. Those cards contain the infamous Lost Levels. But wait, there's more: there's not just 16 levels, but 30!

More info here.

EDIT: Found scans of each card. View them here.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 06:58:53 AM by cantthinkofaname »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2006, 10:56:06 AM »
Seeing all that made me wish that they'd make a whole new 2D platformer that combines elements from all the classic games, with hand-drawn sprites as graphics. Hey, if they did it for Zelda, they can do it for Mario, right?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2006, 09:02:38 PM »
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2006, 10:34:18 PM »
More SMB3 lost levels? No wai!

Well, anyways, Japan got a ton of e-Reader cards for Super Mario Advance 4. Those cards contain the infamous Lost Levels. But wait, there's more: there's not just 16 levels, but 30!

That's a little misleading... those aren't SMB3 lost levels, just new "lost" levels for SMA4, which aren't exactly lost, just not released in the US.

« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2006, 06:52:50 PM »
'K. I found a link that shows the E-Reader levels' maps. They're here. They're pretty interesting... too bad USA never got them.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2006, 07:25:49 PM »
Was that really all of them? Dang, they were unique. The blend of stuff from all five classic Super Mario games seems like the greatest thing ever. They should've made a whole game outta that.

Print