Print

Author Topic: Mario Golf 64  (Read 2638 times)

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« on: August 28, 2006, 10:50:06 PM »
Well, I was in for a pleasant surprise when I was given a copy of Mario Golf 64. Someone was getting rid of their Nintendo 64 and knew I liked golf, so I now have this game.

Today I sat down with it for the first time. I didn't get a manual with it and I'm clueless about the controls! Does anyone know where I could find a manual for this game or does anyone just know the controls in general?  (I need specific instructions, I am not a natural at games like most of you are and I have to always read the manual to understand how to operate the game, usually more than once if I want to have any shot at success).

Also, who are these characters? Maple and Plum? I've never heard of them before.

I'm looking forward to this game once I get the controls under control!

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 11:10:37 PM »
It's been a while since I've played it, but I think I remember the key points.  Choose your character and mode, and when you're on the course, press 'A' to start the swing.  Press 'A' again when the line reaches the end, and one last time when the cursor gets to the starting point again.  Before you start the swing, you can press 'B' to switch to Power, for more distance.  If you get a perfect swing, the counter for how many times you can use the Power doesn't go down.  When you're close to the green, you can press 'B' for Approach, which makes you hit under the ball to reduce the roll of the ball.  When putting, you can choose either a light, medium, or heavy hit, depending on the distance from the hole.  One of the displays on the side will say either Up or Down, and how much higher or lower the hole is from you.  I don't remember too many other things.  If you need something else, I'm sure there is someone else who can be more specific.

Oh, and those other people are just random characters made for the game.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Print