Print

Author Topic: mario sunshine,the book?  (Read 2942 times)

« on: April 01, 2004, 11:02:36 PM »
hey'ya toads! i just want to ask what's the big idea with that book in noki bay? or what it COULD be? tell me if you know or have an idea what it could be.

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 11:39:26 PM »
BWAH! Tis quite a mystery, is the book, you might take a second look, but no way will be found how to find the book, for it is useless and cannot be cooked, the book, the book, cannot be cooked, the book, the book, isn't near the hook, the book the book
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 05:32:24 AM »
There is no way to get to the book. I emailed Nintendo a month ago and they said you can't get to it and it doesn't even do anything.

Si las paredes podrían hablar, podría perforar los agujeros en ellas así que cerrarían el infierno para arriba.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 08:51:22 AM »
Somehow, the book, of all things, is becoming as mysterious as the plaque in Mario 64...

Edited by - Deezer on 4/2/2004 6:52:37 AM

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 09:43:05 AM »
is there a way to get the book, if you have a HEX editor, and mario sunshine ICO (or was it ISO) with dolphin emulator? just move the book in the middle of gelato beach!or maybe shigeru was drunk when he made this game.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2004, 08:04:15 AM »
Ah how many times have I explained this to someone...

Originally, that episode, rather than collecting Red Coins, you were supposed to get the book. For some reason, they changed it to Red Coins and made the door not open, but were too lazy to remove the book since they figured no one would ever see the book by using a through the wall camera angle glitch. Well they were wrong. If you were to use a HEX Editor on an emulator, I'm sure it'd be possible to obtain the book, although Gamecube ROMs are very illegal and I think non-existant at the time being. If you were to obtain one though, I'm sure you'd probably receive another Shine Sprite since they left the book in, which opens the door to 121 Shine Sprites. Although you'd have 121 Shines, nothing special would happen since they never planned for 121 Shines to be accessible.

Does that help any?

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2004, 12:04:16 PM »
Now all we need is for someone to say, "The book lets you play as Luigi!"
 n/a

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2004, 12:09:29 PM »
"The book lets you play as Luigi!"

http://www.geocities.com/dr_shows/SMSbook.htm
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2004, 05:24:47 PM »
 Hey, um where exactly is the book in Noki Bay?

************************************************************ Chupperson wants me to kill myself.

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2004, 07:46:45 PM »
C'mon you guys, what do you mean the book???

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2004, 07:51:32 PM »
It's somewhere in a bottle.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2004, 08:27:08 PM »
This  is an article I wrote for the website I work at on the book. It will answer many questions...

I   fear   nothing!

= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Print