Print

Author Topic: Simpsons: Shark Jumpers?  (Read 2124 times)

« on: February 23, 2004, 08:48:26 PM »
I have determined that most, if not all, of the people at these forums are Simpsons fans. I, being the ultimate Simpsons fan (don't try to disagree, you will be proven wrong), believe that the show has jumped the shark (www.jumptheshark.com for those of you who don't know that term). What are your opinions?

Meet Red Paratroopa, the new-and-improved Lt Mou.
This is a secret coded message.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 10:21:18 PM »
Yeah, but what else could it do?  It's hard to be funny, original and realistic for over 300 episodes.

I can't imagine what the heck they're going to do for the movie.

This is not a signature.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 11:14:33 PM »
The Simpsons are doing anything BUT jumping the shark. It's still as funny as it always was. You can't listen to an opinion of a stupid website and assume it's true.
Deezer was here.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 11:35:52 PM »
Every new Simpsons episode is better than the last. What have the simpsons ever done that wasn't funny?

Those who do nothing to die are doomed to a lengthend life. Or are they?... (*shifts eyes suspiciously*)
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 07:38:33 PM »
Hirocon: Right, it is hard. I believe they should of ended it while it was still fresh and funny. Like Friends is doing.

nintendofreak: It is my own opinion that they've jumped the shark.

Popple: Some of the new episodes are good, but not enough to keep prolonging the end.

Meet Red Paratroopa, the new-and-improved Lt Mou.
This is a secret coded message.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 09:31:52 PM »
Red Paratroopa, I am sorry but I'm afraid I'd have to challenge your remark to being the Ultimate Simpsons fan.

I don't think they've jumped the shark.

I think an episode that centers around Homer surfing would be funny.

Oh, my friend has been bugging me all week about something that not even I remember. She said she'll buy me a slice of pizza if I cna find it out for her... What is the name of that activist who Lisa had a crush on in the episode in which she didn't want them to cut down the Redwood? It has skipped both our minds...

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2004, 10:29:28 PM »
His name was Jesse.  I wouldn't call myself the ultimate fan, but I've seen about all the episodes at least once, and I had a good memory.

If at first you don''t succeed, try until you run out of syrup.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print