Print

Author Topic: See how long you can hold it...  (Read 21215 times)

« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2004, 12:08:55 PM »
A Plan for the Improvement of English Spelling
by Mark Twain

For example, in Year 1 that useless letter "c" would be dropped
to be replased either by "k" or "s", and likewise "x" would no longer
be part of the alphabet.  The only kase in which "c" would be retained
would be the "ch" formation, which will be dealt with later.  Year 2
might reform "w" spelling, so that "which" and "one" would take the
same konsonant, wile Year 3 might well abolish "y" replasing it with
"i" and Iear 4 might fiks the "g/j" anomali wonse and for all.
Jenerally, then, the improvement would kontinue iear bai iear
with Iear 5 doing awai with useless double konsonants, and Iears 6-12
or so modifaiing vowlz and the rimeining voist and unvoist konsonants.
Bai Iear 15 or sou, it wud fainali bi posibl tu meik ius ov thi
ridandant letez "c", "y" and "x" -- bai now jast a memori in the maindz
ov ould doderez -- tu riplais "ch", "sh", and "th" rispektivli.
Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud
hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2004, 09:54:25 AM »
Where am I? At work. And it's time to type some stuff. No goal in mind, and not editing is possible. Must just type as much as possible and hope to be able to post it before this PC goes bonkers on me. Yeah, so this post will probably have mistakes and stuff in it, which means that you get a chance to see what I really type/write like. Because I'm not going to read over this even once before I post it. And since is Microsoft IE into which I'm typing, and not my good ol' OmniWeb back at home, there's no spell check, so I'll have to catch everything myself as I go.

So, what's up? You're gonna answer, I know. There are two reasons why that I can think of. First is that no one ever answers that question -- (gotta love the two-hyphen-for-a-dash thing I'm reduced two on this machine -- ALT+0151 does NOT work -- I just tried it) and since I typed that end parenthasis I faxed 20 pages for this one nice lady who came in. So, basically, I've lost my train of thought. I think it's time for a new paragraph because I have no idea when the current one started, thanks to the small area of the message field into which I'm typing and my determination not to scroll up and read anything I've typed.

I think I was talking about "What's up?" Does that sound right? And I was saying that I didn't really mean it or something because no one ever does. It isn't really a question. It's just a weird salutation of sorts that we've ended up with in this language. And then there's the fact that one ever repies to anyone else's topic around here, so there's another reason why I'll never know what's up. Oh, and you mustn't forget that "What's up"? has nothing to do with what is actually "up" -- or any direction for that matter. I remember the days when "What's up?" was first coming into usage. I was in maybe 3rd grade or so. Whenever someone asked me that, I would answer them literally (saying "the sky" or "the ceiling" or something like that) because I didn't know that it meant something else. Heck, even now I still answer that question sometimes, with whatever answer, which is amazing because it isn't actually a question, as I think I explained.

Well, it's getting to be a little more busy here, and the manager'll be in soon, so perhaps I should stop now. Hope you enjoyed this. Or were able to kill some time with it, which was my whole reason for typing it. And it has been kinda fun, I've gotta say. Beats playing KoL . . . not. At least not always. Just a nice change of paste once in while. KoL is crazy, free fun. Why am I entertained by it? Who knows? Well, I have not the time to ponder on that, or so I have decided. Homestarrunner.com's appeal is more clear to me though.

Okay, bye-bye time. Bye. As in "Good Bye." Or should "Flugh" become the "What's up?" for saying bye?

"Greetings from Belgium, the only country in Europe where the leading source of natural gas is the local dairy farm."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2004, 09:57:13 PM »
SOME PEOPLE WERE PLAYING BLACKJACK ON #TMK AND I WAS DEALING AND MEOWRIK WON AND HE WANTED 10,000 SHROOM STEAKS SO:

[Note, I do not condone the style of this post under typical circumstance. These are not typical circumstances.]

~I.S.~

~I.S.~

« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2004, 10:47:41 AM »
I like cookies... Well well well, you learn something new every day. When you're a baby, you learn who your family is. When you go to preschool, you start making friends your age for the first time. In kindergarden, you learn shapes and colors. In fourth grade, you start a writing portfolio (at least in KY). In middle school, you learn more complicated things like astrology. You even learn things when you're an adult! That's cool!<p>

--------------------

Pokemon Jirachi wishmaker! One of the greatest Pokemon movies ever! But the short (Pokemon Gotta Dance) was stupid...

Edited by - GiftedGirl on 6/19/2004 9:49:02 AM
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2004, 06:52:21 AM »
"Revenge is a dish best served cold...it is very cold in space."
Edited by - Darth Danno at T/H/X 11:38:4 EB

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2004, 07:36:41 AM »
Listen to the mello yellow cello made out of jello named Sello bellow ,"Hello!"

Don''t you just hate puns? They''re not punny at all.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

Print