Print

Author Topic: mariokart (not double dash)  (Read 2684 times)

« on: May 03, 2004, 10:33:33 PM »
 There is a Nintendo contest at my school, at may 28th. It is all about Mariokart races. Any tips?

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 10:41:10 PM »

Edited by - luigifan on 5/3/2004 9:41:48 PM

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 10:42:20 PM »
Do you mean the SNES Mario Kart? If so, and if you're good, choose a heavyweight for best results. If you're bad, choose a lightweight.

If you mean Mario Kart 64, always choose a lightweight. This game screwed up the balance and made lightweights unbeatable.

If by some strange twist of fate you mean Super Circuit, follow the SNES rules.

You don't mean Double Dash!!.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 10:45:58 PM »
(ORIGIONAL IMAGE)

Edited by - luigifan on 5/3/2004 9:47:53 PM

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 05:41:20 PM »
:( ... now I know why my uncle always beat me. I usually picked bowser.

------------------------------
Everything above was sarcasm. Please ignore everything I have just said.
------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 09:58:44 PM »
I once played as Peach against 4 heavier people, and lost.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 11:59:54 PM »
Unbeatable was a bit of an exaggeration. Sorry. But their only disadvantage in 64 is being bumped into, which is rarely a problem.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 09:59:20 AM »
Try playing as Magikoopa, he's really good. Oh wait, Nintendo didn't put him there... =( I think they should've kept DK there but make Magikoopa a secret character (and to obtain him, you'd have to race him on a secret stage you get by beating him also. Of course, the stage would be, like, "Magikoopa's Fortress" or something).

Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!
Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again, let''s do the Mario all together now! You got it! It''s the Mario! Do the Mario! Swing your arms from side to side, come on, it''s time to go do the Mario! Take one step, and then again! Let''s do the Mario altogether now! Come on now! Just like that!

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 09:51:44 PM »
 I checked with a guy at school, that Toad is the fastest. Thats his special ability. Luigi's is that he can jump over bombs and bannanas. He jumps the highest. Peach.... I dont know.. D.K. has the best turn. Yoshi has nearly the best speed. Though it does take more hits to make him spin around. Toad sometimes just takes one. Mario is all around, and best for begginers. Wario is nearly as strong as Bowser, but he is faster. Bowser can make people spin around just by hitting him, but he has the slowest speed. This makes it harder to decide on who to choose, but best for last, Luigis other special ability, (you can do this with others, but Luigi does it best) get a boost start at the beggining, then jump on another car. You should be jumping pretty high. If you bounce on top of another one, you should jump really REALLY high. My friends wouldnt believe me. Try it you guys. It's not that hard. Remember, you got it from me.

************************************************************ Chupperson wants me to kill myself.

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 07:55:17 AM »
I think if you just rely on talent, Mario and Luigi are the better choices, because they have no disadvantages--good turning, good enough speed, not going to get knocked around.

Just my opinion, as a big Brothers fan.

"Word I was in the house alone,
Somehow must have gotten abroad:
Word I was in my life alone.
Word I had no one left but God."
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2004, 10:53:04 AM »
Wait a minute! Which Mario Kart is that?! I don't remember any Mario Kart where you can choose a magikoopa. It looks like the N64 version, but I owned that game and the characters are Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Toad, Bowser, Wario, and DK.

Fear me..... I will come again.

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2004, 12:48:29 PM »
It's Mario Kart 64 while it was in early development, when it orginally titled "Super Mario Kart R."

I need some yarn, to make a wick- I''m saving up all my earwax to make a candle.

Print