Print

Author Topic: What would the next big Mario game be like?  (Read 34407 times)

« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2008, 08:52:48 PM »
hmmm....

maybe we should think of the possibilities of a new mario game by making categories?

Good idea.

Spin Offs - Mario Tennis needs to return. I love them the most out of the sport series, and I never did get a chance to own Mario Power Tennis. Mario Golf, I can care less.
RPGs - I think we're fine. The only think I can suggest is maybe a M&L game for Wii, or at least a sequel for DS.
Platformers - NSMB came out a few years back, so I don't think we'll get another one. Though, I do want a SMW-like NSMB sequel.
3D Main Series - Oh please. SMG just came out. Unless it's a SMS sequel for DS, we don't need one.
Misc. - Luigi's Mansion is a given since Pikmin 3 is returning. And you know how close they are.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2008, 09:40:19 AM »
Spin Offs - The sports games all need to die.
RPGs - We need more.
Platformers - We really need more.
3D Main Series - the 3d main series should all be normal platformers, so this category is redundant.
Misc. - Don't care.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2008, 07:23:27 PM »
What really needs to happen is to have Toad in more playable roles so that people will stop calling all Toads Toad and only the one Toad Toad.

I don't get why so many people confuse the race with the character. It baffles me since nobody gets this confused when talking about other things that are races and characters (Yoshi, Birdo, Koopa, Para Troopa, ShyGuy, ect..)

I really hope a game featuring Toad is on the way, but I might as well give up. I've been hoping that for the last ten years or so..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2008, 03:47:10 PM »
Spin Offs - Super Mario Cricket!sg518335 date=1217346019]
RPGs - Never played one, so I don't know if we need more or not..
Platformers - NSMB2 would be nice (give it some kind of flight powerup).
3D Main Series - Another game the size of SM64DS; not a remake, but perhaps a sequel.
Misc. - Never.

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2008, 04:20:39 PM »
Spin Offs - I'm fine with the way they are now, but I'm begging Nintendo not to introduce any more Mario sports games, perhaps get rid of one or two. (I'd love to see Mario Australian Rules Football, but that will never happen)
RPGs - Please.
Platformers - Very good idea, maybe something that breaks the mold a bit (Super Princess Peach-ish in mold-breaking ability)
3D Main Series - I accept these will still be rare, but I think the next one will be for DS/DS sequel.
Misc. - A sequel to SMAS would rock, but Virtual Console has pretty much squashed the idea.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2008, 10:01:16 AM »
Platformers - NSMB2 would be nice (give it some kind of flight powerup).

If they make it, NSMB2 should be based on SMB3. They should just take out the shell powerup and bring back all the suits from the third mario brothers game. They could even add a couple new ones - I'd like to see an ice suit (not ice flower) and a wind suit. It should also have the eight classic themes, as well as the airships, tanks, and fortresses. Oh, and they should bring back the koopalings. If all the airships had Bowser Jr. in them, I'd scream in anger. >_<
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2008, 10:04:06 AM »
Spin Offs - Mario Tennis would work well on the wii, but Mario needs less spin offs.
RPGs - There Should be a Mario and Luigi 3 coming out soon enough, but I hope it would be more like the first one.
Platformers - Mario needs more of these; a NSMB2 thats like Super Mario World.
3D Main Series - A remake of Super Mario Sunshine, but with lots of extra levels and overall new content.
Misc. - A Luigi's Mansion 2 would work quite well on the wii.
Victory... is my destiny!

« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2008, 03:45:25 PM »
Well, my only hope is NSMB2, because so far most, if not all, Mario games are one-per-console/handheld.

« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2008, 07:11:18 PM »
ALL Mario games are like that.. there's only been one of each type of game on nearly every console/handheld (except for Mario Party, which has had up to 3)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2008, 10:04:45 PM »
The NES had Super Mario Bros. 1, Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros 2. (Japan), and Super Mario Bros. 3.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2008, 10:44:07 PM »
And those games weren't incredibly short and easy-to-make compared to today's? And two of those weren't taken from previously-made games with alterations (SMB2J being SMB with new levels and graphics and SMB2 being DDP with new graphics)?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2008, 08:03:09 AM »
And those games weren't incredibly short and easy-to-make compared to today's? And two of those weren't taken from previously-made games with alterations (SMB2J being SMB with new levels and graphics and SMB2 being DDP with new graphics)?

Um, no. Do you realize how difficult making games was back then? Making the first three Super Mario Brothers games was probably HARDER than making NSMB today. Heck, there's people today that can make great clones of SMB by themselves with only programs like Gamemaker- which was beyond impossible back then. >_>
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2008, 08:57:03 AM »
My point was that on the NES, there was more than one of a type of Mario game on the system.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2008, 10:52:51 AM »
If people can make SMB clones single-handedly today and not say, SMG clones, I'd say SMG was all in all the harder game to make.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2008, 01:11:23 PM »
...and if people routinely made SMB clones single-handedly 20 years ago, rather than with 2008 technology, that argument would be valid.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print