Print

Author Topic: Things That Made You Poop A Little.  (Read 134138 times)

« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2008, 01:06:59 AM »
Are you saying Captain Falcon's so awesome in high-quality 3D that he PAUNCHED the rating up to T? Maybe the ESRB or government's so finicky about "think of the children" that acceptable stuff before now warrants a higher rating?

But in F-Zero GX if you look at some of the credits videos for characters, I could see it being rated T for that. They're either really weird, suggestive (geez, just about everybody in that game is buff), or... well, I'd say T just for seeing Samurai Goroh moving around in the Story Mode Chapter 2 opening cinematic. Just ugly.

Uh, a new thing that made me eep a little was that whenever I do a search in YouTube, there's a thing at the bottom saying "Some search results have been omitted that contain duplicates. If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included". And just now I noticed "Try YouTube in a new web browser! Download Google Chrome". I know Google and YouTube are together, but I don't like it being sometimes-shoved in my face. If the website was called Google CopyrightVideoTube, I'd be fine with it. But it just seems invasive.

I suppose the recent announcement by PETA that everyone should start referring to fish as "sea kittens" is another such moment. I thought it was a joke at first. Sadly, it's not.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2008, 02:42:15 AM »
It is a joke. That's how PETA gets attention to their causes.

If PETA said, "Stop sport fishing" would you have read an article about it and talked about it? No. They know what they're doing, and if you think anyone actually wants fish to be called sea kittens, the joke's on you.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2008, 08:39:31 AM »
Google's YouTube advertisements and PETA announcements make you poop a little?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2008, 10:25:19 AM »
Google's YouTube advertisements and PETA announcements make you poop a little?
Well, just because I'm surprised at the ridiculous things I see on the Internet. I should have seen the Google advertisements coming, but I still don't think of YouTube as being part of Google.
I made that post late at night,

As for real things that make me poop a little, well... I already mentioned the movie remake "The Ring". No other movie I recall has frightened me as much. Although we have been seeing some disturbing movies in visual arts class. Like when an anorexic person had a tube inserted that went into her stomach... and she found out she didn't need to eat more food, she could just eat from the... yeah, I'm not going there.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 10:28:43 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2008, 10:43:08 PM »
It's a series of tubes!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2008, 11:06:36 PM »
I just got Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime earlier today. The constant onslaught of puns made were, surprisingly, usually more endearing than annoying (although there were a few close calls); basically, Suare-Enix has a kind of Pixar vibe going on.

But the real poop-worthy moment(s) were the tank battles. God, those rule so hard. The attention to detail is awesome, with full (albeit simplified) modeling of the tank's various systems and weaponry. When I fully realized how many different ways each side can damage the other's tank (including real-time crew murder and sabotage), my diapers filled up so much i could barely move.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2008, 11:12:37 PM »
Yes, that game is great.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2008, 01:33:21 PM »
The Left 4 Dead demo. 0_0

All Steamers must get this game, if we can have a 8 person versus match that would be awesome.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2008, 03:46:18 PM »
Did you preorder it or has the demo been publicly released?
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2008, 04:00:11 PM »
He preordered. Public demo starts in five days.

I've been going through the Order of Ecclesia post-game content. Pooped on multiple occasions:

- First thing that appears on the title screen after beating the game: "HARD MODE unlocked!"
- Some of the monsters in one of the bonus dungeons, the Large Cavern.
- The boss battle at the bottom of the Large Cavern, which has an attack that creates a large energy ball that very slowly homes in on the player and doesn't disappear until the boss is dead or it connects. In the case of the latter, it does almost 500 damage - more than half of my max HP, and enough to kill me in one hit at that point in the fight.

EDIT: Wrong name for the dungeon.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 04:13:25 PM by WarpRattler »

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2008, 10:51:02 PM »
Quote from: ShadowBrain
Also when Mario got owned by a little kid. And about to strike that same little kid for making a comment about him. That was priceless.
When, again?

This video should should explain the first half (Happens around 3:20), as for the second half, that's another section of the game, so you need to find the other video. I chose not to say the name of the game or give any specific information about the game, so I could see if anyone would guess what game it was. Obviously, no one cared, so, it really didn't matter...
Also it took long to reply because I haven't been here in awhile.
I really don't care much for logic.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2008, 07:35:41 AM »
Yeah, it's okay... I'll check that out later today if I can.

« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2008, 06:41:02 PM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2008, 08:14:29 PM »
DUDE

Is that mouse playable?
every

« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2008, 08:51:11 PM »
 - The Final Battle in Super Metroid. They really found a way to convey a lot of rage and raw emotion when you get to wail on Mother Brain.

Coincidentally, the SNES game was my first introduction to the Metroid series. I picked up the original for NES around the time Super Smash Bros. came out for N64. "Ooooh so this is what Mother Brain is from..."

- First time I saw Giga Bowser in Melee. The game had been out for a good long time, and I thought I saw everything it had to offer. Then this freak shows up.

- The cellular walls and growing tissue in stage 1 of Life Force (NES). On many occasions I got trapped behind that tissue and crashed. The cell wall at the end of the stage had to be fired through, but it would regrow after a few seconds, which gets kinda scary when you're digging through it for the first time on the way to the boss.

- Stage 3's eruptions, same game. Stage 3 was fire-themed, and seemed to take place on a star, but in true Gradius fashion, the surface is both above and below you. Okay, upside down fire, not weird at a- HOLY SHIG!!!  This is the point when enormous Prominence emerges from below and almost crushes you in a firey blast. Or maybe it does crush you. Either way, wow.

- Chrono Trigger DS, seeing the new postfinal boss. Since it just came out, I can't really describe this one, but fans of the game (who have been fans for a good portion of the last 13 years) will crap their pants.

Print