Print

Author Topic: Earthbound rated by ESRB for Virtual Console  (Read 8397 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 07:21:36 PM »
Exactly what are you on about now? If you're ignorant, that's one thing, but don't expect everyone else to be.
That was a joke.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 08:21:02 PM »
It's not exactly a staple game.
"it's always the present"

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »
EM: I'm not saying they should just take out the yo-yos. I'm just saying I wouldn't care if they did.
Maybe I was a little less serious than you?
I wonder if anyone would care/know about Earthbound if Bird Person didn't bring it here...
I beat EarthBound long before Bird Person registered or anything.

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 10:19:12 PM »
I believe I beat EarthBound in 1998.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 10:36:05 PM »
Yeah, really. I mean, I only first played it what, two years ago?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 10:44:22 PM »
I probably wouldn't care about Earthbound if it weren't for Smash Bros.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 07:17:23 AM »
It's not exactly a staple game.
Because everybody who played and liked it is somehow looked upon as a "fringe" gamer.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 12:57:16 PM »
I probably wouldn't care about Earthbound if it weren't for Smash Bros.
That's how I got into EarthBound too. I was wondering where this "Ness" fellow came from. Somehow in the back of my mind I always knew about EarthBound, but I needed to play Super Mario RPG before I actually liked RPGs. After that, I was looking back for RPGs I'd like... and since I didn't like the whole fantasy theme, EarthBound's modern setting seemed right. Maybe it was the newspaper-style preview and the "This game stinks" stickers that made me remember it. Along with a screenshot of Ness digging through a trash can to find a hamburger.

And since it took me ages to beat EarthBound (okay, 3 weeks), I wasn't thinking about any other SNES RPGs I might be interested in playing, until a friend introduced me to them.

Although I like EarthBound and Mother 3, I don't consider them to be the best RPGs ever made, and I usually go to other RPGs when given the choice. But they're a safe bet when you want an old-style RPG... be prepared to level grind like crazy though.
You didn't say wot wot.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 03:07:55 PM »
That last sentence pretty much proves that you don't play many RPGs. Excluding EB0, the other two move at a relatively brisk pace, not Mario RPG brisk, but brisk nonetheless.

brisk.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 03:15:56 PM »
EarthBound was made to prevent grinding. Save for a bit before the Peaceful Rest Valley, EB really doesn't require it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2008, 04:34:42 PM »
For a successful suit, the party holding the trademark must prove in court that the other party's use of said trademark infringes upon the trademark holder's ability to sell the trademarked product or service. Use as a minor item (the yo-yo) or as the base of a pun (the Hand-aid) hardly qualifies for this purpose.

Band-aid's suck! Hand-aids are much better. I'm going to buy them off ebay.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2008, 04:39:13 PM »
I'm planning on getting the original game anyway, as I don't need the hassle of buying online/filling up the Wiifridgerator (but I wouldn't mind the glory of owning the original game). Also, I'm sure they'll censor the crap out of it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print