Print

Author Topic: Toys and joys  (Read 3385 times)

« on: April 04, 2011, 11:12:19 PM »
(statues and figurines are welcome too)

I searched for a thread about these things, but it seems one doesn't exist. I'd just like to know if anyone else collects toys, figures, collectibles or whatnot. Basically any kind of miniature plaything or something for display purposes.

I've been collecting some Power Rangers and WWE figures on and off for a couple years now. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the packaging because I was totally unaware of how much these things can go for even when they're been open. I've tried to keep them in the last few years, but space limitations forced me to throw some away, notably my Mystic Force packaging which I was very fond of.

I've also got a good portion of those Mario figurines that have been on the market for a few years now. I'm missing a few alt Mario/Luigi poses, but I'm good with just one of them. It does bother me that Peach hasn't had a model released while Daisy was in the second wave. Seems kind of backwards to me.

Recently, I got some Marvel Universe figures as a gift, Green Goblin and Union Jack. They're small, but I love the detailing and the articulation on these figures. I want to start collecting them, but 9 bucks for such small figures is just too much for my budget. Checking some stores, it doesn't seem to move much (at least not as much as those Beyblade sections that empty out fast) so I guess I'll just wait until a few of the peg warmers get handed off to Big Lots or Ross.

My most recent figure was my first SH Figuarts, this super poseable figure line from Bandai Japan. I chose to go with a Pretty Cure figure because the Bandai America Samurai line will be producing non-Mega Mode rangers soon and I already have a few Kamen Rider figures coming in from a local dealer. As for as PC goes though, it has no merchandise outside Japan so it became the obvious choice. Gotta have a magical girl posing with my henshin heroes.

Would anyone else love to show me their collection/point me towards the cheapest Delta Megazord I can buy?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 04:44:15 AM »
I recently procured a 1993 Power Morpher complete with the five Power Coins and Blade Blaster mint in the box. Shortly after opening it, the labels started to peel off, so I decided to refurbish the plates with a new paint job and show accurate labels off of Reprolabels. Probably gonna add the back labels from Zyuranger as well.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:07:04 PM by The Chef »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 07:11:07 AM »
I'm not much of a collector of these things. I have a few tiny Pokémon, figures of Mega Man, Proto Man, and Bass, the Big Daddy statue from the BioShock LE (I still haven't bought the matching Little Sister), and Raiho, if he counts.

I swore some time ago that I wouldn't buy anime figures, but there's an Ika Musume figure coming out in June that's really making it tough to keep that vow.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 06:11:52 PM »
I recently procured a 1993 Power Morpher complete with the five Power Coins and Blade Blaster mint in the box. Shortly after opening it, the labels started to peel off, so I decided to refurbish the plates with a new paint jon and show accurate labels off of Reprolabels. Probably gonna add the back labels from Zyuranger as well.

How much did that cost you? I see them go for 200 bucks on eBay, and for whatever reason, Bandai didn't rerelease them last year so they're worth even more now.

I swore some time ago that I wouldn't buy anime figures, but there's an Ika Musume figure coming out in June that's really making it tough to keep that vow.

I know that feel bro
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 02:08:21 PM »
I got it for $199. I figured it was worth it since I saw some other loose morphers (i.e. no box or Blade Blaster) going for around $150 and that's not that big of a difference.

Also forgot to mention that I bought a replica Zyuranger holster and a Dragon Coin from Powerprops. Sweetheart of a gal she is.

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 11:39:38 PM »
Sir if you aren't leaving those ugly Bandai America stickers on your toys (and lets face it, the only reason you'd want screen accurate stickers is if you're cosplaying or making a fan film), then you are defiling the plastic from whence those toys came.

Also, are you man enough to bring your toy outside and pose it in an open area where people can easily see you?

I think not.

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 12:02:30 AM »
Are you man enough to bring your toy outside and pose it in an open area where people can easily see you?

Yes! After the weather clears up, I'll show you. :)

Most of the toys I have are Mario related, from pvc figures (most with paint worn off due to so much playing) to action figures (based off the movie, and I think I still have the fire/devo guns that came with the figures).

There are a few other misc. toys that I have, but I don't remember what they are, save for the Aladdin set. (one of my favorite Disney movies, or was at the time [hence the play set])

I also have a medium sized tub full of Brio train tracks, and several smaller containers with trains and other, older pieces.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print