Print

Author Topic: SMB2  (Read 2058 times)

« on: July 31, 2002, 01:37:53 PM »
What do you think of Super Mario Bros. 2 ?

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2002, 01:43:35 PM »
Personally, I love that game! Plenty of action, hidden items, originality, solving puzzles; what more could you ask for?

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2002, 02:04:20 PM »
TOO HARD!! TOO IMPOSSIBLY HARD!!!!!!! I've had it since birth, and I just can't beat it!!

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2002, 09:31:57 PM »
Which one....the American one or the ultimately-hard Japenese one. I've beaten both(and gotten to the flying Hawkmouth without getting HIT on the American one), but my favorite game is the American SMB2. I've seen that Mario and Luigi on the NES SMB2 are five-color sprites(and so is Megaman, but that's another story). I looked on a tile editor and found that the eyes were of transparent color instead of the fifth color(white). Then I edited Luigi and found a little box of white color near his eyes when I shortened him for a hack. This is weird.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2002, 10:02:46 PM »
Their eyes in SMB2 are separate sprites, and they didn't think of what would happen if it overlapped with another sprite.
Mega Man's face is another sprite, and Capcom thought it out right. That's why it's so dang hard to hack those games correctly! Any suggestions on how to put Mega Man in a Mario Game? I've been trying but I can't figure out how to fit him there...

I don't have a signature.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2002, 10:26:55 AM »
The Megaman sprite is 3x3 tiles, but Mario is 2x2 or 4, depending on his power. So the original sprite cant be fit into Mario games.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Print