Print

Author Topic: Multiple versions of PS3?  (Read 3962 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2004, 01:24:10 PM »
Black Mage, thank you for sticking up for me and my opinions.

As for you donotcare: I never said the PlayStation 3 would not play games. It is designed to be a multimedia system that plays GAMES. It is like the PSX, which plays PlayStation 2 games and has multimedia functions. PlayStation systems have always been about GAMES, hence the name "Play"Station.

I personally like PlayStation systems. It is not about the extra functions the systems have (CD/DVD player, online, etc.), but it is about the GAMES the systems have.

Think of it this way:
Which is easier...
1. Spending a few hundred dollars on ONE machine that plays games and has extra multimedia features...
2. ...or spending over $1000 on 5 different machines that do these things individually?

Therefore, my opinion on PlayStation 3 is valid. It is far easier and less expensive to buy a single machine that plays games and has multimedia features, than it is to buy 5 different machines that can do these things individually.

I have said this before: Sony is a multimedia company. Their specialty is making multimedia systems.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 5/3/2004 12:25:24 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2004, 06:08:20 PM »
First off I'd like to state that I'm with Mario Maniac and Black Mage. I think it's a good idea that Sony is (if in fact they are) making the seperate versions. But what I don't understand is why everyone is making a big deal out of it. It's a good idea and in response about "Okay, so maybe you don’t want to talk about Mario. Please post your non-Mario brain-droppings here." This is meant for any kind of appropriate subjects. I started a discussion called FINAL FANTASY FOREVER and no one argued with it and most of their games are on Sony systems. In anycase, I back of Mario Maniac and Black Mage. Good to see other Sony fans. Also I'd like to say I'm a fan of all systems...my preference is of course sony, but nintendo is up there too, so don't take it like it's a Nintendo hating reply.

~Okay, that's pretty blatant site advertisement there, sorry.

Edited by - Fifth on 5/4/2004 5:41:18 PM

Print