Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 143283 times)

« Reply #360 on: September 29, 2006, 12:46:43 PM »
Strangely, I kinda feel the same way. I mean, I'd rather play as a Wartortle or a Pikachu than play as some girl who looks as if she's in MAJOR need of a bacon double cheeseburger and fries.

BTW, has anyone besides me noticed that the humans in Pokemon games never eat? Weird...
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #361 on: September 29, 2006, 05:44:30 PM »
That explains why they're so dang scrawny. Actually, it appears that the character's outfits got more rediculous-looking as the games went on as well.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #362 on: September 29, 2006, 10:11:19 PM »
Heh heh... whose idea was it to make the 3rd generation guy's hair white? How old is he again? You can tell it was just bleached a bit too long, under the headband it's black, but gosh. Shoot me if the 4th generation guy is dressed as a gangsta, with the mile-long shirt and pants and huge sunglasses, you know. He'd wear a purple beanie that covers everything above the sunglasses, the reason he wouldn't talk to anyone would be because his grill is so heavy he can't move his jaw, and he'd have lotsa bling-bling on his hands. Ugh. Don't get why they don't just let you create your character starting with hair color/style and going right down to shoe color.
Oh well. More about PMD from my end...
-So freakin' glad the ITEMs aren't in all caps anymore.
-Same goes for the POKèMON's NAMES.
-SPOILER DELETED.
-Oh... that's it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 02:33:18 AM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #363 on: September 30, 2006, 02:38:03 PM »
Heh heh... whose idea was it to make the 3rd generation guy's hair white? How old is he again? You can tell it was just bleached a bit too long, under the headband it's black, but gosh.

Seriously. The people who design the characters in the games really go out of their way to make it look new and cool. Instead, the characters just seem weird...And while we're on the subject of the clothing in Pokemon, I'm still a bit skeptical about Ash's new clothing for Diamond and Pearl. It looks so generic, and the lack of blue really bugs me...It just doesn't suit Ash.
* PaperMario  shoots Bird Person

« Reply #364 on: September 30, 2006, 09:57:12 PM »
NOTE: the 3rd gen hero's hair isn't white, it's black. The white is a hat (or in the manga anyway, although I don't know WHY someone would wear a hat that looks like a plastic bag)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #365 on: October 01, 2006, 04:33:26 PM »
... It's a HAT?!! *faints*
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #366 on: October 02, 2006, 02:51:06 PM »
PMDBR is much better than I expected.  I'm enjoying it more than any other Pokemon game I've ever played.

Pokemon cartoons:  http://www.offthemark.com/pokemon/poke.htm
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #367 on: October 02, 2006, 03:25:20 PM »
Too true. Too true.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #368 on: October 04, 2006, 11:07:07 AM »
I'm still enjoying PMD, but don't think I'll be able to recruit them all even if I play 24/7.

In Soviet Russia Pokemon catches you:

This Soviet Russian trainer (above) is using a rock Pokemon against a helpless foreigner.

Ah, that's one big bug Pokemon.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 11:28:05 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #369 on: October 07, 2006, 08:49:32 PM »
EEESH.

I'm working on a comic based on PMD. I've already got some script in my handy-dandy Burtner for Mayor notebook.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #370 on: October 08, 2006, 04:13:40 PM »
I'm really disapointed that girls can't be Meowth.  I'd rather be Meowth than Skitty.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #371 on: October 08, 2006, 06:48:09 PM »
I don't mind one bit. Then again, I can't get Skitty.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #372 on: October 08, 2006, 07:42:34 PM »
Well, maybe when I get Red Rescue Team, I'll just have the save file be Meowth (I have a strategy guide to help) and name my character after my cat, who is part Siamese.  :P  My cat, turns into a Meowth. :P  Meowth is one of my favorite Pokemon.  Not much of a surprise since I'm a big cat lover.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #373 on: October 08, 2006, 08:01:18 PM »
Here's a suprise: I adore dogs, yet none of the Pokemon in my Top Six(or even my Top Ten) look a thing like any member of the canine family.

« Reply #374 on: October 19, 2006, 07:23:11 PM »
I think playing PMD so much has warped my brain. The other night, I dreamed I was a Squirtle.

Print