Print

Author Topic: SMW VS. SMB.3  (Read 4577 times)

« on: January 16, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »
Now I know that SMB.3 has the nickname "ultimate platformer". I know SMB.3 is the best-selling game of all-time. But let's think here. In my mind SMW is better than SMB.3. I'm not saying this just because SMB.3 is older than SMW. I'm not saying new is always better. Quite frankly, I think MK64 is better than MK:DD!! SMW had alot of the SMB.3 elements. SMW has more levels, more power-ups, much more everything. Don't say something like "Uh, Killa, SMW would of course have more levels and stuff because why? It came out long time after SMB.3! DUH!" But look here, SMW just had a more fun element. Post what you think, don't flame me :D

I HATE PS2. I LOVE Gamecube. I LOVE ALL OF NINTENDO

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 07:46:01 PM »
Well... I like Super Mario Brothers 3 better. It seems more like it branched itself uniquely... and it didn't have 'too much' stuff.

And why, exactly, do you hate PS2? If I may ask.

Mario`s adventure is over for now, but,

Mario`s dream lives forever...

Dream on, Mario... dream on.

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 08:49:03 PM »
I always thought of Mario World as sort of an update to Mario Three.
Kinda like Sonic 3 is to Sonic and Knuckles.
'course, I like SMW more than SMB3 for one reason...Yoshi!

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 08:59:01 PM »
Well, after looking at SMB3, Killa, they thought of new power-ups and had the aid of SMB3 as a reference, possibly. They had to think of something new for it instead of the "same ol' same ol'" as people might think. THAT is probably why you think it's funner or whatever you said. I like SMB3 and SMW equally, pretty much.

*Trainman punches someone* ItŒs your fault. You shouldnŒt have been sitting there.
Formerly quite reasonable.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »
Yeah I think SMW is better.
SMW had the Boos.
What's cooler then the game w/ a house full of invincible ghost enemies.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.
All Hail Blage!

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 09:03:07 PM »
I seem to remember a "you wont believe this is coming from me" topic in witch you relinquished your hatred of the PS2. Whatever happened?

Oh yeah, and I like SMW and SMB3 the same.

Or is it?... *shifts eyes supiciously*
Let me away from this boulder!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 09:10:56 PM »
Gaaaaah!  How can I choose between my two favorite Mario games???  It's impossible!!!

And now you know, the rest of the story.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 09:29:17 PM »
Popple,I think He started to hate PS2 again because of my "This is a true sony Fanboy" topic I posted in the general chat. In it,I put a link to a sony fanboys definitions on UrbanDictionary.com.Killa read the Def. and got Extremely ****ed off. He wrote back that his sig. would now say Sony sucks.

and Remember kids,don''''''''t call me gringo or f**kin beaner.
Arrgh, Go F*ck yourself
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004, 09:39:17 PM »
EggMan:  Boos actually originated in SMB3. ;)

----------

I''m back, baby! Well, kinda...
----------

I''m back, baby! Well, kinda...

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 09:49:04 PM »
SMB3 is way better.
The graphics were better on SMB3 NES than on SMW SNES IMHO.
Plus SMB3 was more fun.
More adventure in SMB3 IMHO.
Find your inner monkey.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2004, 10:08:36 PM »
"I think He started..."

I don't believe Killa is God so I don't think his name should be capitalized... heh.

*Trainman punches someone* ItŒs your fault. You shouldnŒt have been sitting there.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2004, 12:19:19 AM »
It's tough, but I'd have to go with SMB3.  I just feel that SMB3 was more thorough.  SMW had Yoshi, which was nice, and it had star world and Special and  neat graphics and a cool interactive overworld map, but SMB3 just totally perfected everything with what it had.  More suits (hammer brothers, frog, tankooi, P-Wing, to name a few), secret toad houses in every world, hammer brothers on the map, warp whistles, the number 3 appearing in coins everywhere...brilliant level design (think the mini-fortress in Castle of Koopa, the bob-omb maze guarding the super Toad's house in Pipe Maze, the Angry Sun in the middle of Castle of Koopa...and just about every other level in the game).  Ah, the memories...

This is not a signature.

Edited by - Hirocon on 1/16/2004 10:23:24 PM

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2004, 12:49:49 PM »
WHAAAAA?!?

Please forgive me, I haven't played SMB3 in about 10 years, although SMW I played about 1 week ago.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.
All Hail Blage!

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2004, 07:10:43 AM »
Although I've played Super Mario World before Super Mario Bro.s 3, and Super Mario World is the first Mario game I ever owned.

I still like Super Mario Bro.s 3 better!

Though, I do like Super Mario World for it has easier gameplay and there's Yoshi!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2004, 04:52:01 PM »
All of you have good reasons. But another reason like SMW more is due to the music. It sounds so fun and cheery. Do do do, du do do do do!! The first level music was my fav. I have a whole lot of other Mario favorite games. SM64, MK:DD!!, MK64, many, many favorites, but one stands above them all. My first Mario game not only my favorite Mario game, but my favorite game of all-time. On this day, I deem Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, my favorite, not only favorite Mario game, but my favorite game of all-time. Super Mario World, my favorite.

Print