Print

Author Topic: Mother 3 Fan Translation Finished!  (Read 10833 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 11:54:45 PM »
What Nintendo needs to do is pay the translators to license their work in an official localization.
That was a joke.

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2008, 12:04:23 AM »
Do you ever sometimes feel like the only man on Earth who hasn't played Mother 3? In multiple languages?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2008, 12:42:23 AM »
Having played it in two now, I certainly don't.

You just didn't have this fluidity in Mother 2 (and I've played the real SNES game).

I know what you mean. But EarthBound had a different feel to it that MOTHER 3 just doesn't... and I can't tell what it is. Or I could just be no good at picking favorites. Maybe if EarthBound were remade with the kind of detail in MOTHER 3 (animation, sound effects etc.) I could pick one.

Never finished the first one. It's not easy. It's fairly mundane despite the great story. So it's not much of a candidate for best game in the series. If that one got remade more like MOTHER 3, it would probably rock pretty hard. Before the MOTHER 3 translation, Tomato was working on a hack that would make EarthBound into a MOTHER remake. I wonder what'll happen to that...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 05:50:29 PM »
What Nintendo needs to do is pay the translators to license their work in an official localization.

Why so? No one would buy it now that it's free.
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2008, 06:45:18 PM »
By that logic, no one would have bought any GBA game.

If Mother 3 ever gets here, they're going to have to pull a Phoenix Wright because it's too late to release a GBA game.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 07:05:26 AM »
DSi Download?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2008, 09:57:14 PM »
So I got an emulator just to play this game. Lucas ruled in Brawl so I figured he has to have a pretty awesome story considering someone who went through the stuff he did at that age would probably be going through serious therapy.

I'm disappointed that I already know most of the story, since it takes away from the impact of the first chapter, and the main threat of the story. It also would've been a surprising contrast to the prologue, which is way too bright and cheery.

I haven't played much of it, but so far it has caught my interest much better than Earthbound did, and the cast doesn't seem so bland either.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print