Print

Author Topic: What Happened?  (Read 7471 times)

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« on: December 08, 2007, 09:20:12 PM »
Whatever happened to "Super Mario 128."  It was supposed to be released as a sequel to Mario 64, but I guess it was scrapped pretty quickly. Then, a Gamecube demo was shown, but was replaced with Mario Sunshine. After all of this, what happened to the game. Or, what do you THINK happened?

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 09:29:19 PM »
Pieces of Super Mario 128 were put in Pikman, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 10:53:22 PM »
It was only ment to be a tech demo to show what the game cube could do. But some of the element's from it went to diffrent games.

The gravity went to galaxy and the 128 Mario's were turned into Pikmin. Thier was one more but i forgot what it was. Which remind's me. Isent Nintendo making a Pikmin 3 for Wii? I remember reading somthing about it at the E3 stuff at ign.com
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 11:43:03 PM »
It was never a sequel to SM64. It was always a tech demo.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 12:33:02 AM »
Which remind's me. Isent Nintendo making a Pikmin 3 for Wii? I remember reading somthing about it at the E3 stuff at ign.com

Miyamoto DID say he wanted to do another Pikmin game for the Wii, but I don't believe EAD or any of the R&D parts of NCL have said anything about making anything as of now.

I'd love to get it if/when it gets released, though.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 12:52:45 AM »
I found some info on a really cool site called the mushdoom kingpin or something, check it out!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 01:38:13 AM »
Post of the Year material.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 01:43:19 AM »
You know, I think that NOA site quote is wrong.  First of all, it's obviously not the same model as the SM64 Mario.  Secondly, the description of the green bar is a little odd.  Unless the framerate cuts in half when the system is using all of its resources, the 30fps note doesn't make any sense.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 01:53:11 AM by MEGAߥTE »

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 06:27:41 AM »
The green bar is there to show the Gamecubes current speed while playing.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 07:52:48 AM »
Haven't we gone over this multiple times? Whatever everyone else said...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 10:53:08 AM »
I want to know what happened to Marionette. The one everyone forgot about when we found out it wasn't about Mario, but was actually a game with marionettes. Was it actually released, or is it just hanging out with Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball and Project Hammer?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 11:08:19 AM »
You know, I think that NOA site quote is wrong.  First of all, it's obviously not the same model as the SM64 Mario.  Secondly, the description of the green bar is a little odd.  Unless the framerate cuts in half when the system is using all of its resources, the 30fps note doesn't make any sense.
I was thinking the same thing when I was reading it again. It sure seemed like it made sense seven years ago.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 11:40:53 AM »
The green bar is there to show the Gamecubes current speed while playing.
No, it's to show how much of the GameCube's resources are currently being used.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 11:50:52 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgtFXXzE8bk

Better yet. Click that to see it in action.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 12:33:22 PM »
I want to know what happened to Marionette. The one everyone forgot about when we found out it wasn't about Mario, but was actually a game with marionettes. Was it actually released, or is it just hanging out with Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball and Project Hammer?
Marionette... I had a strong feeling of deja vu just now, 'cause I know I heard about somewhere, but I've never thought about it 'till now... As for SPCB, it was a stupid idea to begin with. Project Hammer? Well, there was a slight chance it would be entertaining, so they had to can it. You know, can't have too much fun--it's not good for the "casual" glands.

You know, I think we just need a whole thread about all those games that never came out here and/or anywhere else. Giftpia? Starfi? Stage Debut (it WILL be on the Wii someday!)?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print