Print

Author Topic: Super Mario 3D World  (Read 29557 times)

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013, 08:26:42 PM »
Great SECRET character, Nintendo.

She moves so slowly it almost hurts to watch.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2013, 12:25:50 AM »
About how I expected her to control after hearing the reveal; basically all of Peach's strengths and weaknesses exaggerated further.  I'm still curious as to whether Mario has anything special going for him; it appears that Toad doesn't jump any lower than him, nor Luigi run any slower, thereby making him objectively worse than both.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2013, 01:11:20 AM »
Luigi is probably more slippery as always.

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2013, 11:24:16 PM »

Do want.  Haven't gotten to play the game, but from what I've heard from the intro cutscene and various trailers, this soundtrack seems absolutely amazing.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 03:50:46 PM »
That artwork is to die for.

Japan-only?

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2013, 11:16:03 PM »
Welp, time to find a way to not tempt myself into spoiling it before I get it on Christmas ;_;
Relics.

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2013, 11:35:23 PM »
That artwork is to die for.

Japan-only?
As far as I know, it's been announced as a Club Nintendo reward in Japan; wouldn't be surprised if it ended up staying there, as per usual.  I love the return to the classic NES-era artwork style as well.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2013, 02:30:39 AM »
So Koopa has a band named Bowser in Japan? Weird.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2013, 10:04:55 PM »
Maybe it's the brand of the drums?

Also, since no one's said it yet, this game is awesome.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2013, 10:43:34 PM »
On a scale of | to O, how linear is it? Getting it in two days.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2013, 11:15:05 PM »
Okay, time to start the TMK time trials page!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2013, 12:56:11 PM »
So Koopa has a band named Bowser in Japan? Weird.
Maybe he's just got an Alan White-style drum kit.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2013, 06:58:49 PM »
On a scale of | to O, how linear is it? Getting it in two days.
Right about Super Mario Bros. 3-level, sans Warp Whistle.  I played through the first five worlds casually with a few friends recently, and I was surprised to find that the levels aren't really associated with the world themes, much like 3D Land's.  Was still a ton of fun, though; those four-player score battles can get pretty hectic quickly, especially when combined with any number of platform gimmicks.

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2013, 12:28:02 AM »
So far I'm having a really good time of it. I tend to prefer the more open Galaxy style Mario games, but Super Mario 3D world is still a [darn] good game absolutely bursting to the seams with polish.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2013, 03:13:32 PM »
Are there any throwback levels (like 2-3 and.. I think S1-3 in SM3DL) with 8bit things all over?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print