Print

Author Topic: The lost levels 2-2 Giant Gap?  (Read 3091 times)

« on: February 11, 2004, 11:21:18 AM »
Does anyone know how to get past the giant gap in 2-2 of the lost levels.  I've tried running from the top of the pipe but i just hit the blocks under the suspended pipe.  Please help.

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 12:48:35 PM »
Actually no one knows, and we're not supposed to ask about it. But word on the street is that www.gamefaqs.com has all the answers.

"Anytime I see something screech across the room and latch onto someone''s neck, and the guy starts screaming and tries to get it off, I have to laugh because, what is that thing?!"- Jack Handey
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."- Jebediah Springfield

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 04:25:42 PM »
Go to the edge before the gap, and go one space to the left.  Jump, and you hit a block.  Jump on to that block(you need to run, I think) and go to the left edge of the block and jump up.  You hit another block, and then go on top of it.  From there, you can jump to the suspended pipe, which you run and jump across the gap.

If you eat sixty-two oranges, fifty-three bananas, and seventy-four apples, then you''re full of fruit!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 05:14:46 PM »
Ah yes... the giant gap. THat took me a long time to figure out back when I first got Super Mario All-Stars.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 06:23:15 PM »
Yea I just started playing the lost levels again and that is what i could never figure out before.  Thanks a lot!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2004, 07:56:25 PM »
Wait until level 8-2. That level uses the most ingenious trick I've seen in an NES-esque Mario game. Any of them.

Yes, the gap in 2-2 is a bit tricky to figure out. Requires a good deal of thought, more than any timed game should, at least.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2004, 10:21:57 PM »
Hasn't anyone told you that white men can't jump?

Print