Print

Author Topic: TMK E3 contest #1  (Read 13672 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: May 25, 2005, 03:32:18 PM »

Your mission: Spot anyone from the TMK crew (Chupperson Weird, David Dayton, Lizard Dude, Luigison, MEGAߥTE, Watoad) on a non-TMK affiliated site's E3 photos and post it here.

The prize is a Mario Kart DS stylus from E3!

The first person to meet the requirements wins, but I hope people will continue the search afterwards.  Those attending E3 are not eligible.

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 03:35:49 PM »
Hey sweet!  But shouldn't it be that the person who finds the most pictures in certain time limit wins?  It's your contest, I was just wondering.  Good luck, everyone!

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »
I think I saw David and Watoad on ????, but it was in a wide shot of a crowd.

Shh... no hints.

Edited by - MegaByte on 5/25/2005 7:32:33 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 09:16:27 PM »
This contest just HAD to start before finals...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 01:03:52 PM »
If you don't know what the E3 crew looks like by now, see the splash page.

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 04:02:25 PM »
I THINK i found one of you guys, lemme know:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y28/jesse_salazar/?action=view&current=contest.jpg

if it's him, i'll post the original file source.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 04:59:57 PM »
I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled. There's a lot of E3 pictures out there.

"In the Glorious Company of Bands of Heroic Men, Who Are Also Brothers?"

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 05:25:10 PM »
No, Ghetto_Mario, that's not MEGA&szlig;&yen;TE. Nice try.

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 05:44:49 PM »
You mean Watoad and those other guys count too?

The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 08:38:05 PM »
Wow! It's great to be one of "those other guys".
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 09:49:33 PM »
Actually I think you're the only one! XD

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 08:36:08 AM »
Sorry, Luigison, I somehow forgot. ^_^:

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 11:36:41 AM »
Drew, Fifth, and Frog should count, too, but maybe no one knows what they look like.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005, 03:51:56 PM »
http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk'>I found one

Pure being is getting hit in the face by a kickball.

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 04:06:39 PM »
Wow, such a non-TMK affiliated site, too!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 06:54:17 PM »
Why did I click that expecting to see a real submission when Markio posted it? Him being the crazy person he is.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2005, 03:43:20 PM »
Well, here are my two entries...

Perhaps this is a match.  The photograph was taken with a fish-eye lens.

Also, I think the fellow with very much hair next to the fellow with very little hair could be Chupperson.  See for yourself.

Uhh... Nevermind about that first one.  On second glance, I think my eyes were blinded by the beauty of a Mario Kart stylus.  Heheh.

Edited by - DeadAwake on 5/28/2005 2:49:16 PM

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2005, 04:07:24 PM »
I don't think that one's Chup, unless he went to a press conference or something by himself...

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2005, 04:45:22 PM »
On my friend's IRC server, someone was talking about this contest, and someone put a picture of you guys on the site http://tmk.jeffman.net/ Does this count? It's an E3 picture.
"Don't talk to me about life!" ~Marvin

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2005, 08:44:26 PM »
Nice try, but since we took that picture, it's not legit.

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2005, 01:07:35 AM »
Sup.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2005, 08:53:39 AM »
I'm pretty sure nobody from TMK went to the PS3 booth... Also, you didn't name who you thought that was...

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2005, 09:40:17 AM »
Here's one with maybe a 2% chance of being right.  Also, this guy reminded me of Chupperson's write-up, though there's a less chance of this one being right with the glass and all...

Anyway, this is kinda fun.  Thanks for not making the contest boring!  I was wondering, though:  Is there an actual picture out there, confirmed to have one of you guys in it?

Edited by - DeadAwake on 5/29/2005 8:41:17 AM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2005, 02:19:20 PM »
So, I'm the crazy person.  Hmm...  I suppose that's relieving, but I don't know if I'm necessarily proud of it.  Er, I mean I don't mind being known as crazy, but being crazy is a little ...hard.  After all, some o' you "normal people" are so judgmental.

I can never end these posts.  So random, so off-topic, there's no way I can end this post back on the topic.  Unless... I can't find any pics of you guys!  If only you were more important to E3...

Thank you for visting my world, come again ... Now entering reality, welcome back.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2005, 02:30:39 PM »
If we had all worn the same (TMK) shirts or dressed as Mario characters we might have got interviews.  E3 wasn't about us anyway.  Getting to meet TMK and FF people and seeming as if we had known them for a long time was interesting and cool, or as Sapphira might say, "Yeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.  You guys are weird."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2005, 09:29:17 PM »
The closest I've come to finding one so far is this pic, which has a dude off in the distance that I think resembles Lizard. The problem is that I'm pretty sure he isn't actually Lizard.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2005, 10:08:38 PM »
They all look mammalian to me...

Thank you for visting my world, come again ... Now entering reality, welcome back.

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2005, 12:25:50 PM »
Actually, the person in Watoad's picture is wearing the proper color shirt, has glasses, and has the proper hair style and build to be me. Problem is, it is too small to ever be sure.

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2005, 09:57:45 PM »
I don't know for sure, but I think the image below has a guy who looks quite a bit like MegaByte:

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2005, 10:00:34 PM »
That doesn't look like him to me.  I think they would have been together going into E3 anyway.  Does a picture of someones back count?

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2005, 10:05:28 PM »
This search has proven harder than I thought it would be, and I even have the advantage of really knowing what everyone looks like and of having some idea where in the convention they went. Last night I got addicted and spent a chunk of time looking for just one picture that contains a TMK dude, but I don't think I succeeded. So I'm going to give up the hunt for the sake of other things that require time (which is everything else in my life).

I said that "I don't think I succeeded" because I did find one more questionable picture. It is perhaps less questionable than my last one because the person of interest is much closer, but I'm still going to post it (which is technically against the rules), anyway. The main reason I'm willing to this time around is that the TMK dude in question is actually me, and if I can't tell whether a person is me, then I should think that there isn't anyone who can.

Look at the person farthest to the left in this shot. He appears to have roughly the same head shape, the same haircut, and the same build as I do. He is even wearing a shirt that resembles the Legend of Zelda shirt I wore on Friday. There are some discrepancies, though, that make me doubt: His shorts/pants look to be the wrong color (see the splash page for the shorts I was wearing that day), he appears to have some kind of light-colored necklace thing around his neck (which I did not), and I think I can see a strap over his shoulder (the likes of which I  had over mine only on Wednesday). Before I noticed these details, though, I got pretty excited thinking I'd finally found a good picture.

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2005, 06:08:18 AM »
The wrong-color pants might be something in the foreground--like that desk the man is sitting at (it could be L-shaped).  And the dark strap might be a wrinkle in the shirt.

Do you fold your arms left hand or right hand under?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2005, 06:14:35 AM »
No, that's not me either... wrong shirt, wrong shoes, I hadn't had a haircut yet, and I never waited outside that hall.  This is pretty funny that people keep finding pictures of "me" that are totally wrong.

And you know if you find a picture Watoad, you'll disqualify it from the competition, making it even harder...

Edited by - MegaByte on 5/31/2005 5:16:21 AM

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2005, 03:09:11 PM »
Woah, Watoad you helped throw a pool party?  Sweeeeet!  Was it at your house or Marilyn's?  And were those all of your friends that came?  I'm going to be very embarrassed if I have the wrong Errol here.

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2005, 03:33:14 PM »
I found MEGA&szlig;&yen;TE!

TEM

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2005, 07:49:48 PM »
XD

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2005, 06:46:46 PM »
Could this be it?

E3 2005

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2005, 11:22:53 PM »
Close, but no cigar.
That was a joke.

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2005, 02:48:28 PM »

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2005, 03:25:21 PM »
Nope. Maybe it's time for "E3 contest #2"

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2005, 03:25:23 PM »
For a second I thought David Dayton was standing in a doorway to another dimension that just happened to be placed there, until I...uh, didn't think that.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2005, 03:40:01 PM »
E3 contest #2 was going to be find ALL 6 TMK people on other sites' photos...

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2005, 03:52:45 PM »
Hahaha.  I didn't realize that was David.  Who's who, anyway?  I think it's:  Megaߥte, Luigison, Chupperson, Watoad, David Dayton, and Lizard Dude.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2005, 03:53:32 PM »
Maybe E3 contest #2 isn't going to work.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2005, 04:02:05 PM »
You got half right DeadAwake.

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2005, 04:17:59 PM »
Heheh, well that's better than half wrong.

From my memory of the mailbag caricatures and Markio presumably being right, I'll revise my guess:  Watoad, MEGAߥTE, Chupperson, Luigison, David Dayton, and Lizard Dude.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2005, 05:53:43 PM »
Still half wrong.

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2005, 08:44:30 PM »
Luigison, Watoad, Chupperson, Megabyte, David Dayton, Lizard Dude.  Final answer.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2005, 09:50:24 PM »
You're now at $100, but you've used all of your life-lines.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2005, 11:20:18 PM »
> Do you fold your arms left hand or right hand under?

Left hand under.

> And you know if you find a picture Watoad, you'll disqualify it from the competition, making it even harder...

No need to worry; I'm sure that I'll never find one. However, if I somehow do (which would be amazing because I've stopped searching), then I won't post it.

> Woah, Watoad you helped throw a pool party? Sweeeeet! Was it at your house or Marilyn's? And were those all of your friends that came? I'm going to be very embarrassed if I have the wrong Errol here.

Come again? What's this, now?

Oh, and I'm totally gonna write you an e-mail tomorrow night or early on Wednesday, depending on when I actually have enough time to sit down at my computer and do it.

> E3 contest #2 was going to be find ALL 6 TMK people on other sites' photos...

Have you actually found a picture of a TMK person on another site? Or did you just expect it to be easier than it actually is?

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2005, 01:56:15 PM »
Great!  Take your time with that.  I'm a patient guy... until I get impatient that is.

About that pool party thing, I went to that site you linked to with all the E3 pics and saw something about a guy that had a party and "errol helped out" or something.  Maybe it is someone else.

Oh yeah, and btw I'm at camp right now just like I mentioned in Plans for Summer, and it's super duper fun.  Something I found kind of funny is that I met this guy named Paul who looks almost identical to Lizard Dude.  The face, the glasses... his hair style even looks the same too except that it's brown and not red.  Freaky freaky.  Anyway, good luck with your search!  I better get of this slow computer so some one else can check their mail.  Yoshisaurus out!

If this post is edited, as it probably is, you may be wondering why.  Well let me tell you.  Each of YR’s posts are carefully revised and polished over and over to give you, the reader, the most enjoyable and entertaining material possible.  With his posts you have his own personal guarantee that they are of high quality, contain well-thought out wording, and most likely have a bit of humorous content to keep you interested.  That, my friend, is the Yoshisaurus difference.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 6/7/2005 12:56:54 PM

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2005, 05:37:22 PM »
What's going to happen if a photo is never found?

TEM

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2005, 07:37:59 PM »
The Fungi Forums will be removed from TMK.
Forever.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2005, 09:35:46 AM »
Can we still get the nuclear submarines at least?

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2005, 09:58:38 AM »
Yeah!Nuclear subs all the way!

YOSHIS RULE
OH SNAP, It's White Arrow!

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2005, 05:37:32 PM »

I found one!!! I found a picture of Chupperson and myself that was not taken by one of the TMK people! Woohooooo!!! Since no one has succeeded in this contest, I'll go ahead and reveal the location of the picture. I'm not interested in the Mario Kart DS stylus because I of course already have one, so I don't care that I'm not officially eligible to win the contest. ;P

Drum roll, please, Lizard Dude . . .

. . .

. . .

The picture is in Nintendo Power! If you want me to be more specific and say exactly where in the magazine it can be found, then please just ask. Otherwise I'll leave you to search within these much smaller confines for possibly the only pic in all the world that satisfies the rules of this contest.

"Dang, TEM lives in a low-quality area." ~ Lizard Dude

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2005, 08:29:52 PM »
"Maybe I have the wrong Errol."

*tries SOOOOO hard to keep hysterical laughter in* "keep on keepin' on," Watoad.

"After all, some o' you "normal people" are so judgmental."

'YOU SHARE SAME VIEWS.' *DIES*
Formerly quite reasonable.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2005, 08:32:49 PM »
Trainman blow'd up!

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2005, 09:36:19 PM »
Watoad, you amaze me... unless you're lying, in which case you infuriate me.

I just checked the August issue:  nothing... unless you two are hidden in the crowd picture, in which case, something.

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2005, 09:43:15 PM »
Oh boy, I only have V196 with me.

I bte yuo cna rdae tihs by lkooign at it.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2005, 10:42:07 PM »
There's nothing to be amazed about, really. One of the people in the picture in question is me, and that fact made the two of us a lot easier for me to find. Having been there, knowing exactly where we went (or at least where I did), and being pretty familiar the the whole layout of Nintendo's booth helps with the finding tremendously. So while you looked in the correct issue of NP, it's understandable that you didn't notice us. It may actually be impossible for someone who wasn't there to find us, but I don't know. That's why I'm holding out on the specifics until I'm asked to spew them.

Where's Waldoad? (And Chup?)

Edited by - WAtOAD on 9/8/2005 9:54:34 PM

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2005, 05:50:36 PM »
I will be leaving my scanner in a few days, so I decided to go ahead and do this while I still can.

Unfortunately, scanning befuddles me, and you'd be much better off looking at the actual picture in the magazine. The real cause of the terrible quality of the image below may be the annoying software driver that HP made for our scanner. I don't know this, however, so it's easier just to blame myself because I know that I have no scanning expertise whatsoever.

If you need me to give you the page number so that you can find this picture, then I think you need a bit more practice with Where's Waldo? before you move onto real-world cases like this one.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2005, 06:20:06 PM »
I can kind of make you guys out.  I found one on the very first page of this topic, but they wouldn't let me win...

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”

« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2005, 07:56:48 PM »
Well, well, well.

Well.

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2005, 08:01:04 PM »
Watoad told me in an IM that there's a possibility that I'm in the same issue, in a page that showed pics of the Nintendo World store at its grand opening.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 9/13/2005 7:03:17 PM

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

TEM

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2005, 08:32:47 PM »
"WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING THAT, ROTOR?"

Print