Print

Author Topic: The THREAD thread: Discuss the tailoring item here!  (Read 2619 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: July 24, 2006, 02:26:30 AM »
Thread is versatile.  It is a primary component in sewing and weaving.  Multiple threads can combine to make string.  Thread can be made out of a variety of materials.  Discuss or post stories about this useful invention here!

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 10:31:03 AM »
I can't help but think Bird Person and I started a trend here. Anyway, threads are neat. They help make sweaters. Sweaters are nice.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 10:32:47 AM »
I did sewing a lot in 7th grade, I guess that counts...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 11:27:54 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YES.

Anyways, I've done "do it yourself" sewing jobs on several shirts I've really, really liked that had holes in them. Thanks to thread, I was able to wear these shirts for many more months.

Also, thanks to thread, I actually have shirts to wear. Huh.
~I.S.~

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 12:49:39 PM »
I have made 3 plushies. The first was a p-o-c, but the other two were fine.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 02:30:33 PM »
Thread is not a material; it's a method of storage.  The customer doesn't want a drill; he wants a hole.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 03:31:53 PM »
Using an old soccer jersey and a needle and thread and cotton from an old plushie I got once, I made my sister a pillow for her birthday!  But my mom said I did it wrong and that it would work better if she used her sewing machine.  But she never did, so the pillow was ultimately discarded.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 04:35:22 PM »
I am a fan of cross stitching. I am currently working on a big lion that I started like 6 years ago. It's fun for a while and then I get sick of it and don't see it again for something like 2 years, then find it again and I'm like "Hey I never finished that thing!" etc etc.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »
Hey, thread also makes carpet! What a co-inky-dink.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 10:30:31 PM »
My grandma taught me to crochet when I was a kid.  I've also sewed up seams and on buttons.  In high school I signed up for a home ec. class, but was taken out of it by the principal because I was the only male there.  I hate such sexism, but that's for the angst thread.  I wanted to learn how to cook, sew, etc. 
I also wouldn't have minded getting to know some of the girls.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 01:01:19 AM »
Revival time!

I recently learned how to sew with a sewing machine. I taught myself how to embroider about 3 years ago from a book. I don't really like to hem things and the such. Sewing machines are easier and embroidery is fun. As for me, I love the backstitch. I've tried to knit, but I failed terribly.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print