Print

Author Topic: "Why?" Sequels  (Read 19839 times)

« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2006, 06:22:28 PM »
I love all of the American Tails.  :-(
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2006, 09:59:01 PM »
I actually like all of the Land Before Times. THEY are classics. I haven't seen the newest 3, though. They're making a new one for 2007.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2006, 11:21:45 PM »
I saw one of the Land Before Time sequels on Cartoon Network or something a long time ago. How many times can you tell the same story?
That was a joke.

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2006, 07:39:19 AM »
How many times can you tell the same story?

But they are not the same story. They are surrounded around the same characters, but they are not the same.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2006, 12:12:47 PM »
Yes it is, A catastrophy, someone gets lost and they have to look. Or they have to migrate BECAUSE of a catastrophy, then they never find anywhere and there about to die, but BAM! At the end of the movie they find a viewtiful place from which they have to leave on the next sequels. they are the same.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2006, 01:11:14 PM »
I bet they've made a lot of continuity errors in the Land Before Time series these days.  They're going to write themselves into a corner someday.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2006, 04:13:16 PM »
Most of the sequels Disney makes would be flops in the theaters, and still are flops even on dvd.  The bit I have with Disney is they're contract with Pixar, Pixar ticks me off, they put traditional cartooners out of business.  Just look at all the Pixar/Disney films this year!  Although I do realize that it is hard work to do all the stuff on their computers, most of they're movies seem redundant, Madagascar, Over the Hedge, Finding Nemo.  How many computer animated animal movies can you have?  Obviously not enough as people keep going to the theaters to see them, and buying them on dvd (or video, even though its basically obsolete now, what is the cheapest dvd player, $20?).  I love graphic design but yet I hate graphic animation, just something crosses a boundary I don't like with monopolizing the video graphic industry.  And there's my bit, like it or not.
I only watch [adult swim]

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2006, 05:38:04 PM »
Madagascar and Over the Hedge are not Pixar movies.
"Graphic animation" would mean drawn animation also. Since graphic design can be drawing too.
I think the percentage of good computer animated movies is about proportionate to the percentage of good traditionally-animated movies. There are just a lot more traditionally animated.
That was a joke.

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2006, 05:46:23 PM »
Darn, I could have sworn they were.  At least out of guessing, becuase Pixar has basically coined the whole Computer graphically animating rage (Using the "Computer Graphics" part as the medium Pixar uses in all of their films).  I was just saying that so people knew what I meant.  I wonder what company made those movies.....?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2006, 05:57:58 PM »
Uh, DreamWorks?
That was a joke.

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2006, 06:43:06 PM »
I'm not really a fan of the computer generated movies.  Shrek had its moments, and I did like the Ice Age movies, but other than that, they don't really grab my interest.

I've never seen any of the Land Before Time movies under my own free will, though when I was watching my cousin once, he had it on.  I don't know how they could keep making more...

I only liked one scene in Fievel Goes West, and that's when the cat (don't know the name) was learning how to bark in the mine.  That part still makes me laugh.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2006, 06:48:06 PM »
I was going to mention Fievel Goes West, but I couldn't remember how to spell Fievel, thanks Chupp, thats the one.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2006, 08:46:33 PM »
I like Toy Story.
I like Fievel Goes West.
Especially the part with the dancing buffalo bones.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2006, 01:19:30 AM »
<off topic> I am so sick of CGI animal movies. It's, like, all that ever gets released anymore. Madagascar. Over The Hedge. Open Season. Barnyard. And much, much more. Ice Age 2 doesn't really count because it was a sequel, I guess... Or maybe it does count, but it was released before these started getting on my nerves.
Oh, and superhero movies are similarly getting old. Some of them are pretty good (Spider-Man, X-Men), but how long will the list get? The Incredibles. The Hulk. The Fantastic Four. My Super Ex-Girlfriend. Zoom. </off topic>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2006, 10:15:48 AM »
Uh, The Incredibles and My Super Ex-Girlfriend were parodies of the raging superhero movie trend.

Print