Print

Author Topic: The gallery of artists more talented than BP  (Read 7917 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« on: January 05, 2009, 04:35:08 PM »
It's only fair. Bird Person and Kojinka aren't the only artists in the world.

Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 06:15:48 PM »
Dang Koopaslaya. I had no idea you were so good. I'd love to see more!

Note: I don't really approve of Kojinka's thread title choice; self-depreciation isn't healthy for an artist. And she's got talent to be proud of.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 06:18:09 PM »
Reposting Koopaslaya's work from the staff caricatures contest:
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:03:12 PM »
Note: I don't really approve of Kojinka's thread title choice; self-depreciation isn't healthy for an artist. And she's got talent to be proud of.

I agree. I think all artist sometimes doubt their artwork, just because they think it's not as good as another persons artwork. I see the paintings above and think: Man, I hope I can draw like that someday. But we all have to understand that it takes time for our talents to improve, especially when you practice at it. Kojinka's artwork is great. She just has to stop doubting herself. Because like they say "practice makes perfect" and it's true because I've improved in my drawing a whole lot. So, what we have to do is believe in ourselves, stay focused and have the perseverance to achieve our goals in life.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 04:16:42 PM »
This thread is epic lulz
"it's always the present"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 05:00:54 PM »
Anything from Themrock
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 02:44:11 AM »

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 09:48:35 AM »
For some reason, this is one of my favorite works of art.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 11:32:00 AM »
picture
My brain is no longer inside my skull.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 11:36:45 AM »
I don't know.  Self criticism helps me to try to better myself as an artist.  I am proud of some of my work, but I don't want to get cocky.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 05:36:24 PM »
SolidShroom worded my feelings quite accurately.

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 05:53:32 PM »
My brain is no longer inside my skull.
Is that good or bad? I liked the story until it got kinda bloody and disturbing...if I had to rate that comic, I would give it an R rating. But it was still pretty interesting to read.

I don't know.  Self criticism helps me to try to better myself as an artist.  I am proud of some of my work, but I don't want to get cocky.
I agree. I try to stay humble and I sometimes tell myself "this could look better, FBM". I know that may sound discouraging, but it motivates me to try harder to improve my drawings. And for me, it works.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 06:45:41 PM »
Is that good or bad? I liked the story until it got kinda bloody and disturbing...if I had to rate that comic, I would give it an R rating. But it was still pretty interesting to read.
For some reason I don't think you got the joke.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »
For some reason I don't think you got the joke.
Oh, ok. So it was a joke. Thanks, MaxVance.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 07:45:44 PM »
Where was it bloody or disturbing?
That was a joke.

Print