Print

Author Topic: Guns and Lies: A Mario Tale of Gangs and Guns *WARNING* Graphic Content  (Read 5736 times)

« on: April 12, 2006, 01:39:37 PM »
Note To Moderaters, Admins, and Readers:
This is a story not for the faint of heart. Think of this as Scarface or even The Godfather. This is not a novel a little kid would read. Please, mods, if you want to delete this topic because of its intenstiity and graphic nature, by all please, do so. This was just a change I needed from my other current story, My One and Only. Both stories will still continue to grow, but with the school year passing by, more and more SPansih Projects will be given to me. Grr. So, enjoy the story, and if its too graphic, turn back now. Please. Now. PLEASE!

SORRY! WRONG AREA! PLEASE MOVE!

Prologue:
   You all know the story of Mario Mario, famed video game character and a staple in the industry. Totting a moustache and overalls, he Is the ultimate hero.
   But what if he didn’t have the chance to turn into the man he is now? What if his childhood wasn’t spending time with Yoshi, holding a bomb-omb in hand, instead having a .50 Caliber pistol and spending time with the mob boss? How would this happen? What if? What if he wasn’t the hero, instead the anti-hero, given the choice to be one, when he didn’t want to? What if he didn’t take the chance? What if he did? The gritty streets of New York is not a usual setting for a Mario fan-stories, the set usually in the back alleys, away from the construction area of Donkey Kong. The story isn’t the usual Happy-Go-Lucky plot that adorns the past Mario fictions or the fantasy-like story of others. A Mario story usually contains Toad and Princess Peach, but what if those characters never met Mario, actually being the background of the story. Please, if you never liked books or movies like The Godfather or maybe Mafia, then leave. You wouldn’t feel welcome here. You wouldn’t be happy here. The grittiness and recklessness of Mario would repel most Mario-fans, but if you are up to the challenge, then bring it. Plot your mind to my story of gangs and guns, and just forget the past games like Super Mario Bros or Super Mario Sunshine. They never happened.  Might as well throw ‘em out the window. You wouldn’t need ‘em now, anyway, Its too late to turn back now. You already went too far reading the prologue. Long, isn’t it? Just remember, while reading through this fiction, look for events that should’a happened. But never did. If you don’t understand me now, you never will…

Chapter 1
   The mafia. They killed my parents. I watched it with my own eyes. Mom cooking cookies in the kitchen, dad watching The Sopranos in the Living Room. The smell of cookies filled the house, cheery, happy, nicely. Then came the odd presence of a large hand banging on our door. Its odd because its seven in the morning. Nobody ever comes knocking this early in the morning.
   “Don’t answer the door in the wee hours in the mornings.” my mom always reminded me. I didn’t listen. Why should I? I never open the door anyway. My parents do.  But came the time when I was too ignorant to recall these thoughts. The TV was too loud, so nobody heard the knock, except for me. I opened the door, of which a large man, totting a shotgun, walked into the door. One of his men behind him asked,
   “Where’s the snitch, BB?” The large man answered,
   “In the Living Room” BB and the other man pushed me off into the wall. Luigi climbed down the stairs and walked towards me.
   “Who was that?”
   “I dunno? He reminds me of Scarface.” We peered into the Living Room. The group of thugs, three in all, including BB and his main guy, stood in front of the couch, looking at dad.
   “So, Greg. Decided to side with the triads?” Dad looked up at BB and said,
   “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
   “Oh, you do. You gave them our plans. OUR plans.” Before my dad could answer back, the big man shot his shotgun at dad. Noises of blood gushing and the men screaming and my mom screaming filled the air. Dad sat motionlessly on the couch. He was slouched, his head buried in his sweatshirt. Red stained his grey sweatshirt. I felt sick, horrified. Mom walked in and hollered,
   “What have you done?” The man shot her at that instant. She flew back into the wall and sat on the hard, cold floor, leaning on the wall. The wall was full of blood. Then the men looked at me. He pumped his shotgun. PUMP-A. And aimed at me. I jumped out of the way from the blast, the shots instead hitting the flower pot behind me. Luigi just stood there. BB pumped his shotgun again and shot at Luigi. Luigi flew back into the hallway and laid on the ground, motionless. Streams of blood came from under his shirt. He neither blinked or moved, instead, his leg twitched. Then, he was dead. I ran over to him.
   “You monster!”
   “I am no monster, kid. I’m yur worst nightmare.” PUMP! I flew back into the kitchen. BB shot and pumped and shot again. The pans and oven mitts hanging on the wall fell, having bullet holes. I ran out of the kitchen and into the garage. The garage door opened, and light filled the dark room. The men burst into the room, cracking up at the little kid, me, Mario Mario, struggling to get his bike out of the corner. He pumped his gun again. PUMP-A! I hopped onto my bike as it was now free, and went away. The men packed into their BMW, and followed after me.
Most Wishy-Washy

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 01:41:40 PM »
Very bad idea, wrong forum, too.

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 03:29:59 PM »
Not sure what to say on this one.........
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 03:36:57 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 06:46:18 PM »
I'm with those other guys on this one. After the .50 caliber, I was sort of done.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 07:14:42 PM »
So ummm.. what was the point of this. I mean you be like the next Steven King, but who was BB. Who was the kid on the bike at the end. What is the object of this game, do you add on or something. I'm really confused.

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 12:49:11 AM »
This isn't a game, it's a story. This used to be just the Story Boards, then the games were added on.

btw, kids do come on here, but you did put in a warning... I, personally, am intrigued to what happens next.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 09:06:35 AM »
You can create all the disclaimers you want, but this is not something I suggest proceeding with.

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 11:25:59 AM »
I, personally, am intrigued to what happens next.

I am too actually. I mean sounds like a good story, even if it is gory. It may be on the wrong forum, but hey I hope it gets finished.

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 12:28:53 PM »
What I find interesting is that this story got more replies in a day than my other story got in a month. Hey, if you think its not a good story, you don't have to read it, right? Anyway, thanks to the people who urged me to move on. Expect a new chapter.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 05:55:08 PM »
It's good, but I here enough about this stuff in the crappy video games that have been thugged up recently. Examples would be 25 to life, 50 Cent: bulletproof, and that other game.........Anyway, I don't have a problem with you going on with this, but I don't think I'll be tuning in. Yes, there are fans out there that would eat this up, but I don't think you'll find many here.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 01:02:50 PM »
I just thought of a few scenarios of new fan fictions. All of the stuff has been done. Peach is kidnappped, Daisy is kidnapped, blah blah blah. What I find interesting is of what would be done to stop this redundent storyline? CHange the past!

Also, there will be two sides of the story here, Mario and Luigi.
Mario's chapters begins with
"The mafia. They killed my parents."
and Luigi's with
"I never really knew my brother well."

The chapters will go as
Mario
Luigi
Mario

or it may break a few times, also with many other characters having their own chapters. The reason I did this was too give the story a FPS kind of feeling to it. You see through the character's eyes, you see what he or she sees.

Its crazy, but it may just work.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 01:46:04 PM »
Wait-what?  Luigi didn't die?...

Anyway, that's not the point.  I must admit this story caught my attention.  I personally hated the movie "Scarface" and thought it was a waste of my time, so I will not be reading the rest of this, I am sorry to say.  However, I want to compliment you on the writing, because most of the storylines I've read on this forum I didn't follow.   
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 08:53:57 PM »
Chapter 2
   I never knew my brother really well…
In childhood, he was always hanging out with his friend, doing things with his friends, and hanging out with his girlfriend. Whenever he was in the house, he either locked himself in his room or he watched TV. He was usually too busy for me. But when he did have time for me, we really had a blast. Sadly, they weren’t often. As the years past, those precious, precious moments grew shorter in length, and soon, our connection was almost non-existent. We still loved each other. We still cared. He just…I don’t know, never got the chance to do anything with me or to say even a simple “I love you” every once in a while. I understand. He’s busy, and, soon, I’m busy, with my friends, my girlfriend, my own social life. Still, I miss the days when we would just walk in the park, talking about Mega Man and Sonic, and trading secrets and tips on Civilization. But, alas, the moments, they just, I don’t know, disappeared?…
   I woke up as if I had awakened from a deep slumber. Blood was streaming down my chest, but I took off my shirt.
   Thank goodness. The armor was still there. And, happily, the blood was not actually blood, but ketchup that had been in the microwave for too long… Thank goodness karma!
   That fortune teller lady was right. There would be something bad going on, it was going to happen. I looked over to the living room, mum and pop’s bodies on the floor. Then, screeching of tires were coming from outside. I looked through the window in the hall, which, interestingly, had a bullet hole through it, and only god knows why. I saw Mario take off on my bike…MY BIKE…and the men in black followed after him in a 1998 BMW. Hey, I know. I’m more then the second fiddle. I tried to see what was going on, but Mario sped off. Wow. Fatty can move. The BMW screeched after him with smoke and sparks coming from behind it.
   “See you soon, Mario.” I said to thin air. Strange. I have never done that before. I packed up my things and headed out. I didn’t shed a tear for mom or dad. They never really loved me anyway. They cared for Mario instead. “Oh, he’s the greatest.” “Oh, he’s the favorite.” Blah blah blah. I never really cared for them anyway. I hopped out the door and walked to the place where I would know I would feel welcome. The Police Academy.

Chapter 3
   This fat kid is fast.
I looked at my driver. He strained to go faster, with his foot pressing down on the pedal as far as he can. Funny. He’s almost, standing. Loe looked at me and asked,
   “Look, BB, we don’t need to catch this kid. What’s he gonna do? Gather a gang and beat up the heck outta us?” I nodded. The fat kid pedaled on. He then behind and screamed,
   “What? Give up already?’ Angrily, I aimed my .50 and shot at the back of his bike. Got him. He slipped and fell over. I then screamed at him,
   “Wanna mess with the mafia again?” We then sped off.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 01:16:52 PM »
Hold on hold on. Luigi didn't hear the shotgun blasts going off...what's up with that. You hear shotguns from like half a mile away. Another thing...BB said you want to mess with the mafia again. When did he ever do anything to them, it was his dad right? Oh well, I guess besides the technicalities, it's doing pretty good.

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 03:27:55 PM »
Thanks.
ALso, to answer your questions:
Luigi was half-dead when he was in his slumber.
BB must have thought that Mario was going to the police. I mean, if your parents were shot, who would you got to first?

Also, many of these plot holes will be answered sooner or later.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 12:03:32 PM »
Thank you Dude. I was getting confused. Yes I would go to the police if my parents were shot. We could say Luigi was depressed and was half dead from a hang-over from the drinking the night before.

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 12:51:44 AM »
Ugh, it's an overratted idea, trying to make a character "bad", but the story was okay.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 10:24:23 AM by Suffix »

Print