Print

Author Topic: BASIC fun! No charge!  (Read 1921 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« on: March 04, 2005, 06:59:14 PM »
After about four years of gathering dust, I'd like to introduce my lovely BASIC programs, written in GWBasic. Before I go on, I would like to thank Sapphira and her unending generousity, for hosting the files <font color="green">on MEGA?TE's server</font>, and TEM, for showing that good directions is critical. <BR>So, supposing you have the need to amuse yourself a bit, or even try a hand at real programming, go ahead and try them out! Directions below.<P><FONT SIZE="4">

<B>1)</B> Download <U>GWBasic.exe</U> (make a note of where you put it).<BR>
<B>2)</B> Download <I>Fill In: TMK Edition</I> into the same folder that GWBasic went into.<BR>
<B>3)</B> Download <I>The Guessing Game</I> if you feel like it.<BR>
<B>4)</B> There are two methods to run the programs, under the extension [.bas]. One way, the easy way, is to drag whichever program you want into the compiler, which will promptly open up a new window. The other way is to run GWBasic and then press F3. After pressing F3, type in the file name with the exception of [.bas], the extension.<BR>
<B>5)</B>If you used the slow way (typing into the load prompt) you will need to press F2 to run the program. Of course, if you exit, and want to re-enter, you'll need to use F2, the RUN key.<BR>
<B>6)>>>IMPORTANT! Don't fret when closing the window and it complains that it can't exit directly. Just proceed to press the End Task button. On another note, if you suddenly acquire the knowledge of SCREEN 2 (full screen), and you find yourself stuck in full screen, you can exit by pressing your Windows key (between Ctrl and Alt), right clicking on the tab in the task bar, and clicking "Close."<BR>
<B>7)</B> If you don't like the way the window looks, you can configure it by clicking on the active title bar and choosing "Properties." From there, go to the Font tab and mess around with it.<BR>
<B>8)</B> Well, that's the directions.<BR>
 ...<BR>
 ...Why are you still reading this part? Oh! I see, you're a pictorial learner, huh? Learn how to run stuff in these simple screens: Instuctions for Running and Properties<P></FONT SIZE><BR><P>

Whew! There's my directions. Were they good enough, TEM? Heheh... So, yeah, my knowledge of BASIC programming is limited, and very much so, as you'll find out in <I>Fill In The Blank</I>'s hidden tutorial. Here's the links, again, with thanks to Sapphira:<P>

GWBasic.exe<BR>
Fill In the Blank: TMK Edition<BR>
The Guessing Game: TMK Adjusted<P>
Man, I am <B>so tired of writing tags. *Tested thoroughly for your convenvience*

<p>

"What? A half-gallon already?"

<p>Edited by - MEGA?TE on 3/4/2005 8:20:56 PM
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 04:35:07 PM by Suffix »

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 09:01:14 PM »
Ahhh, that reminds me of my old BASIC days. Not bad for a first try at programming, not bad at all. Those remind me of something I've done at some web site called Madlibs. Quick question though, could you have compiled those programs into EXEs and then put those up so we didn't have to download GW-BASIC to run them. Or does GW-BASIC not have this capability?

My first program was a crappy version of Rock Paper Scissors, but I no longer have it. I used QBASIC rather than GW-BASIC, and I still have the only worthwhile game I ever made for it here. You can download it right here. A bit flickery, but you should be lucky it has graphics at all!

If I had a dollar for every brain you don`t have, I`d have one dollar.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 3/4/2005 7:03:21 PM

"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 09:02:57 PM »
Hey, thank you. As I said before, these were made years ago. I'll take a look at Q-Basic, thanks!

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 09:05:34 PM »
I made Rock Paper Scissors when I was about 10, but I made the game I posted there when I was bored in 8th grade computer class.

QBASIC isn't included there, but you can get it from here. It's very similar to GW-BASIC.

If I had a dollar for every brain you don`t have, I`d have one dollar.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 3/4/2005 7:07:34 PM

"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Print