Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 480925 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #585 on: July 07, 2006, 08:58:46 AM »
I always thought Master Hand was a God-like figure that pulls the greatest heroes and villans from their respective worlds to do battle for his own amusement. I also believe that he created the Polygon/Wireframe Fighters and Giga Bowser for an extra challange. Crazy Hand is just there to wreak havoc and assist Master Hand in the final battle. That's my two sents.

« Reply #586 on: July 07, 2006, 03:23:01 PM »
OOT and Majora's Mask look around the 1500's. Telescopes have been around for thousands of years.

Wind Waker takes place a couple hundred years later, putting it perfectly into the pirate age.
Senior Mariology professor

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #587 on: July 12, 2006, 07:53:00 AM »
I never concidered any Zelda (save OoT and Majora's Mask, and the other true sequal games)  to have a continuous story. You see, I just think it's a different way of telling the same story.

Also, I have always dismissed the possibility that Hyrule is on earth.

But it really dosen't matter at alll, since the only thing that really matters is the storyline of THAT game alone, and its gameplay.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #588 on: July 12, 2006, 10:08:14 AM »
I'm starting to think that the Zelda games are more likely to take place in a Multiverse than any other Nintendo game. It makes me wonder what would happen if each of the different Links met.

« Reply #589 on: July 12, 2006, 02:20:03 PM »
Windwaker is a continuation of some game.

Anywho, since Mario Galaxy mostly takes place above a planet, is it safe to assume it's the Mushroom World? All the videos show that planet and Mario only seems to hop around on small planetoids. So technically he's not really going all around the galaxy...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #590 on: July 12, 2006, 02:22:45 PM »
Of course, the game could be much bigger. We can't assume anything about the planet below, since the game could end up being just a dream (a la SMB2) or something like that.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #591 on: July 12, 2006, 03:07:24 PM »
I never concidered any Zelda (save OoT and Majora's Mask, and the other true sequal games)  to have a continuous story. You see, I just think it's a different way of telling the same story.

Actually, none of the plots of the games are the same, and there are too much references to each other to be the same story.

I'm starting to think that the Zelda games are more likely to take place in a Multiverse than any other Nintendo game.

Theres no multiverse, just a timeline that at some time branched onto two different outcomes.

TMC - FS - FSA - OOT - Timeline branches into ''Original Future'' and ''Changed Future''.

Original Future: OOT (Adult ending) - TP - TWW - PH

Changed Future: OOT (Child ending) - MM - ALTTP - LA - LOZ - AOL - OOX.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 03:09:48 PM by Adventure_Knight »

« Reply #592 on: July 12, 2006, 10:17:58 PM »
KFC? FBI? NBC? CGI? WWE? HBO?

Enough with the Zelda this is a Mario forum.

Why would all the debris and floating objects be out there anyway? The Toad people and rabbits living on the planetoids seem like they've always been there.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #593 on: July 13, 2006, 10:21:34 AM »
Well, space does have a lot of junk floating around in it. If you played SMW2: Yoshi's Island, one boss battle took place on a small moon-like thing. That was also the first time that Mario was in space (in his life, that is).
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #594 on: July 13, 2006, 02:49:51 PM »
Here's something that doesn't add up. In SML2, Mario needed a space suit to go to Space Land, but in PM2 he could go up to the moon easily without running out of air. Either my 'multiverse' theory was correct or that wasn't the real moon.

« Reply #595 on: July 13, 2006, 04:03:20 PM »
Obviously that wasn't the real moon, Mario could walk around it in 6 panels.

And it could have been low to the Mushroom World, since Mario was able to be blasted there with the cannon.

And it could have it's own relatively thin atmosphere.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #596 on: July 13, 2006, 04:27:53 PM »
Did anyone but me catch the whole "It's a cannon that can fire anything anywhere" deal? Goombella says, when you tattle on the first area of the X-Naut base (with the conveyer belts) "It's all encased in a glass bubble to keep the air in. Come to think of it, we were OK out there with no air... Maybe we shouldn't think about that..." or maybe... was the whole "Maybe they faked the whole lunar landing in '69" issue around in '04? Goombella mentions putting a Goomba on the moon in '69 if she's with you in the cannon, so maybe not. It's kind of a "Just... don't think about it" thing. Just don't think about it. Besides, Mario could breathe underwater way back when, but has clearly lost that ability... maybe he traded that ability for the ability to breathe in space (He could stay underwater forever in SML2, correct? And he couldn't breathe in space. There you go.)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #597 on: July 14, 2006, 03:58:19 AM »
The SML2 space area was a star, not a moon, maybe Mario can breathe on the Moon but he can't on stars...

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #598 on: July 14, 2006, 10:00:24 AM »
Wrong. It was both a moon and a star. Why a star would have an airless atmoshpere as opposed to a moon, I don't know. Stars are usually giant balls of hot gas.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #599 on: July 14, 2006, 11:01:49 AM »
It obvously wasn't our earth's moon.  If that were the moon of our world, Mario and the gang's heads would have exploded due to their lack of helmet.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print