Print

Author Topic: The Magic Basement  (Read 2778 times)

« on: October 13, 2003, 08:08:20 PM »
I semi-recently got the DVD for the SMB3 cartoon, and while I was writing a fanfic spoof of it, I noticed something in the episode "The Beauty of Kootie". In that episode, Bowser tries to steal oil from the Sultan of Desert Hill. It has come to my conclusion that the Sultan's palace basement is magic, because every possible animation error occurs in there. Just read this list.

When Wendy complains, "I told you this was no job for a beauty queen!", her scales flash between tan and orange.

Larry comes in to tell her to "tell that to Mario Bros.", during which his head has somehow changed purple.

After talking to Bowser about it, Wendy complains about his "making her so mad she could spit in his soup", but her wand somehow enlarges itself while she's facing the other direction. Never fear, because it then returns to its normal size as Wendy is putting it back in her shell.

Things take a breather until the human-turned Wendy introduces herself as "Lady Fettuccini Alfredo", during which her eyeballs change blue. (I'm not talking about the pupils.)

A suspicious Luigi tries to get a better look at the tail he is "accusing" "Lady Fettuccini" of having, which somehow changes to the same hue as her skin color when she tail-whips him.

The magic continues with things that appear from out of nowhere, starting with a dinner table that Mario somehow manages to set up while Luigi was trying to get a better look at "Lady Fettuccini"'s back.

After struggling to swallow some spaghetti, "Lady F" suggests bringing the rest of the good guys to a dungeon cell that's just appeared in the background.

So under her suggestion, Mario convinces Toad, Peach (who, strangely, does not seem to show any signs of jealousy about Mario’s new infatuation), the Sultan, and the unnamed servant to go into the cell, after which Wendy yells for Larry to "restore her to her natural loveliness". As she says this, her tail once again changes color, this time to green.

After changing his sister back to her normal state, Larry grabs an oil hose that, you guessed it, wasn't there before, and sends the Mario Bros. down a hole in the floor that also wasn't there before.

Bowser then emerges from a pipe that wasn't in that background before and congratulates his kids as Larry's eyes change orange to match his head being colored brown-orange as his pop was struggling to enter.

As if that weren't enough, his and Wendy's beaks have the same color as their heads right before they begin taunting Peach.

Mario appears out of a pipe that, of course, has just appeared in the background, and when Peach does show a bit of Mario/Peach support for the fans, the usually white-pink part of her dress is colored a darker shade of pink (kind of matching the artwork for the games).

Peach distracts Wendy and Larry so the Marios can grab Larry's wand, which has somehow wound up on the ground, even though he wasn't shown dropping it or putting it down earlier.

The goofs take another break until Wendy puts the moves on "Casanova Koopa", alias Luigi, and she does it by floating on her high heels.

During this, she somehow changes him back to normal, and Cheatsy is so flabbergasted that his head changes orange again.

Wendy stays hovering in midair right before leaping into the air upon her sudden realization. Fortunately, that's the last we see of the basement, so the errors end there.

Now is that basement magic, or are all those goofs just products of bad animation? You decide.
Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 11:13:05 PM »
****'s..er,DiC's animation errors(they really suck ***)I Know you youre that huge nintendo fan at FF.net

Attack my Pikmin army
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 11:45:15 PM »
... Wow. That's... ALL MAGIC! THAT HAS TO BE IT

Yes, the animators of the Mario cartoon series were lazy. I mean, I don't know how you can put so much inconsistancy in one episode, though. You know, with the things appearing out of nowhere.

Stupid Quotes: (6th edition)
"I honestly don`t see how the Cubs can lose the [National League Championship Series]. I mean, the Cubs are up by 3 games, and Mark Prior and Kerry Wood are pitching Games 6 and 7 at home. As bad as they`ve choked in the past, there is absolutely no way that the Cubs can lose this series to the Florida Marlins."
~Me, failing to see how badly the Cubs really can still choke, even today.
~I.S.~

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 12:25:13 AM »
Then again, I guess anything is possible in a show where nobody sees anything strange about five talking babies, two of which have moustaches, two others are reptiles, and the last one having a mushroom on his head, crawling around the streets of New York. (I'm of course referring to the episode "Toddler Terrors of Time Travel", which made no sense AT ALL.)
Super Mario Bros. are cool like sunglasses!

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 08:53:38 AM »
In that episode, why were Kooky and Bowser both babies at the same time? If Bowser was a baby, Kooky wouldn't exist, and if Kooky was a baby, Bowser would be the same as he usually was.

If Johnny has 3 apples and Davey has 2 apples, why won't they both just shut up and eat?

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 11:30:17 PM »
The evils of DIC. Ever watched "The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog"?
All three DIC Sonic cartoons are full of errors and screwups and knitpics and such, but that one is especially bad.

"Walk softly and carry a Super Scope."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2003, 01:41:50 AM »
Inspector Gadget was good, though.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 05:55:05 PM »
me:huh what happened? what happened to my post? who did this?
mod:I did.
me:Moderater
mod:What do you think youre doing?
me:I was about to insult DiC's name,but then you interfered!
mod:Deezer will tell you when to insult DiC's name. Until then you listen to orders!
*Dramatic sword fight*
me:You can tell Deezer Im nobody's Puppet.
mod:You'll be on your knee's begging for mercy when Im through with you!*about to slice a guy*
me:*teleports away*
mod:He'll pay dearly for this.
(special treat to 1st person who figures out where I ripped this off from.)

Go Power Rangers!
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2003, 05:57:49 PM »
Was it from power rangers?
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2003, 07:36:17 PM »
DARNIT! how did you know?!?!

*looks at signature*

*Smacks himself*I'm the biggest retard in the world

Go Power Rangers!

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 11/14/2003 9:13:21 PM

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2003, 11:25:24 PM »
I have the same DVD... I noticed this also

------------------------------

An 1857 pioneer- "Oh you hush! if god made it then it shouldnt hurt me!" *Eats a mushroom* The next day he died of poisoning...
------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

Print