Print

Author Topic: Star Fox: The Attack on Venom  (Read 9291 times)

« on: January 21, 2007, 11:45:12 PM »
Star Fox:
The Attack on Venom
(Working title)
A Roleplay based on Star Fox 64

Story
(an excerpt from Star Fox 64)

Corneria, fourth planet of the Lylat System. The evil Andross turned this once thriving system into a wasteland of near extinction.

General Pepper of the Cornerian Army was successful in exiling this maniacal scientist to the barren, deserted planet Venom.

Five years later, General Pepper noticed strange activity coming from Venom. James McCloud, Pigma Dengar and Peppy Hare of the Star Fox team were sent to investigate. Upon their arrival, Pigma betrayed the team and James and Peppy were captured by Andross.

Peppy barely escaped Venom and returned home to tell James' son Fox about his father's fate.

A few years have passed. Andross has again invaded the Lylat system. General Pepper has turned to a new Star Fox team headed by Fox McCloud to save Corneria and free the Lylat system once again.

Heroes

Fox McCloud*
A young, confident pilot who is the leader of the Star Fox team, which was founded by his late father. He graduated from the Cornerian Flight Academy with flying colours, and, instead of becoming part of the Cornerian Army like his close friend Bill Grey, he followed in his father's footsteps and became a mercenary. His mother was killed after one of Andross' attacks, and Fox vows to destroy Andross at any cost.

Peppy Hare*

Reserved by PaperLuigi
Peppy was a close friend of James', and is the oldest member of the Star Fox team. He once declined leadership of the Star Fox team, preferring Fox take the helm. He acts as a sort of father figure to Fox, giving him advice and helping him in combat. Peppy also has a wife named Vivian and a young daughter named Lucy, and, due to being a friend of James, is determined to take down Pigma, whatever the price.

Slippy Toad*

Reserved by Mr.Melee?
Slippy is a long-time friend of Fox, who graduated alongside him from the Cornerian Flight Academy. While not as skilled at flying as his friend, he is an invaluable team-mate, experienced with operating advanced technology. He has made several modifications to each of the Arwings (which are the ships that the Star Fox team fly), making them faster and more powerful.

Falco Lombardi*
Not much is known about the past of this shady character, but he has repeatedly been connected with people such as Katt Monroe and Leon Powalski. He often gets into arguments with the rest of the team, most notably Fox, but is a skilled pilot, perhaps even more so than Fox himself. Falco, while skilled, is also quite arrogant and sarcastic.

General Pepper
General Pepper is a more senior part of the Cornerian Army, and is famous for exiling Andross and therefore ending the threat- at least, for the time being. He is determined to see the Star Fox team back in one piece, having never forgiven himself when sending James to his death on Venom.

Bill Grey*
Bill Grey is a close friend of Fox McCloud and Slippy Toad, having flown alongside them at the Flight Academy. Instead of joining them in the new Star Fox team, Bill opted to follow the traditional route and become a part of the Cornerian Army. He is a skilled pilot and brilliant fighter, two qualities which make him a born leader.

Katt Monroe*
Katt is part of a mysterious group of fighters, determined to protect her planet; Zoness. She has been a long time ally of Falco, much to his disappointment, and her past, like his, is shrouded in mystery.

Villains

Andross
The once-praised scientist turned maniacal evil overlord currently resides on planet Venom, using its isolation and inhospitableness to launch multiple attacks on the rest of the Lylat system, most notably Corneria. He was once helping the planet, and is now its number one enemy. His army of fighters is expansive and almost insurmountable; but will it be able to defeat the Star Fox team?

Wolf O'Donnell*
Reserved by Ultima Shadow
A former friend of Fox, he quickly turned against Corneria after his parents were killed during his time in the Cornerian Flight Academy, suspected of being on Andross' side. Searching for answers, Wolf was taken care of by Andross, and grew to hate Corneria- and therefore, Fox.

Leon Powalski*
This mysterious chameleon is notorious for being a master of disguise and evasion. He once knew Falco and Katt, but in mysterious circumstances they became enemies to him. Joining Andross and Wolf, he started to grow slightly insane and twisted.

Pigma Dengar*
Another former ally of Corneria, Pigma was on the fateful mission that took the life of James McCloud- and was also the cause of his death. Now a part of Andross' ranks, he is greedy and notorious for being dangerous. He, like Leon, has a slightly twisted mind.

Andrew 'Algy' Oikonny*
Andrew is the nephew of Andross, and also part of his army. Despite being a sub-par pilot, he is placed very high in the chain of command, most probably due to his relation to the scientist. He has no specific grudge against Corneria or the Star Fox team, but, due to his cowardice and fear of his uncle, he fights against them all the same.

* Characters with an asterisk next to their name can be RPed as, and characters with a strike through their name have been taken.

Custom Characters

Custom characters are permitted in the RP, so long as they make sense. Please don't give your character some sort of all-destroying power... if you're doubtful, use an existing character if possible. If all characters are taken... who knows, I may add some more from the game. ;)

Nevertheless, custom characters should be created using this form:

Name:
Animal: (please try to be realistic)
Description: (colour, age, skills, etc.)
Good, Neutral or Evil?: (self-explanitory)
Ship: If it already exists, just the name- but if not, a description could help.
Extra?: (home planet, family, allies, etc.)

Rules and Tips

• Please do not use chatspeak in your posts. Come on, could you honestly see someone saying 'lol' in real life?
  • If at all possible, don't control characters that are currently being controlled by other characters. Mentioning them is okay, just don't overdo it.
  • If you have something to say that is separate from your RP post, it would be appreciated if it is placed in a quote tag.
(Will probably update more later)

How to Post

This RP is different to the traditional kind of TMK RPG... it resembles more of an on-going story, except you primarily control your character and their allies (preferably none that already have an assigned character). You post a sort of mini-story centering around your chosen character, and continue with the story from there. Eg: If I were to control Wolf (which I do), then my posts would center around Wolf and his whereabouts. If I chose Fox instead, he would be the focus of my posts.

Worlds

Wikipedia Page on the Lylat System

The RP will span all 15 levels from Star Fox 64, ending at Venom. Note that Fortuna will still be called that, despite the correct name being Fichina.

All Levels:

Corneria, Sector Y, Meteo, Aquas, Katina, Fortuna, Zoness, Solar, Sector X, Sector Z, Macbeth, Titania, Area 6, Bolse Defense Station, Venom.

~~~

I'll probably update with more info later... my brain is dead right now. *clicks post*
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:12:40 AM by Ultima Shadow »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 08:43:02 PM »
Peppy is my favorite character. "Reportin' fer duty Fox........er, I mean Wolf!"

This is gonna be fun!

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 10:21:56 PM »
Okay, I'll edit it in, but I'll get the ball rolling for now...

~~~

A smug smirk formed upon the villain's face as he observed what Corneria City had become. Not much was left- citizens were fleeing in droves, buildings were torn down, vehicles upturned... even the water looked uninviting, littered with the remains of fallen spaceships. As Venomian forces tore through the sky overhead, the wolf chuckled slightly, seeing the 'valiant' Cornerian army, now nothing more than a flying joke.

"O'Donnell..."

The villain turned around, adjusting his eyepatch. The smirk on his face was immediately replaced by a menacing scowl, and it amused the wolf to see that the newcomer had recoiled slightly. He knew that he must have been an intimidating figure- jet black eye patch, ruthless grey fur, sharp features, and two clenched fists that lay at his sides. Silence fell in the observation room before the computers began to beep, echoing in the dark room.

"Di- did I bother you, er... Wolf?" mumbled the newcomer.

The newcomer was strange-looking- tall and lanky, and with an abnormally large head. Sweat rolled down his brown skin, and his were filled with fear. Like Andross, he was a monkey; but much less fearsome than the emperor. Wolf stepped towards the newcomer, who actually squealed.

"It's Commander O'Donnell to you," he snarled, "and I don't care who you're the nephew of, Oikonny."

"My uncle--" he began.

"Your uncle," Wolf retorted, "put me in charge of the team, not you."

Andrew opened his mouth to reply angrily, but nothing came out. Wolf smirked once more, looking out the window of their hideout at the wrecked capital of the once-thriving Corneria. The Venomian ships were continuing their attack, and the smirk grew more pronounced.

"Those fools," Wolf muttered softly, "they don't stand a chance."

"Commander O'Donnell!" said a sharp voice, and Wolf turned to see his second-in-command, Leon Powalski, standing in the doorway. "It's Star Fox!"

"I suspected they would come," snarled Wolf, grinning as he saw the four Arwings in the distance, "let's see if they're as good as they say there are."

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 10:23:17 PM »
Hey Ultima, why has this topic died?

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 05:30:06 PM »
YEah! Why? 

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 05:41:15 PM »
Since when do you care?

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 07:03:20 PM »
YEah! Why? 

Dude, you aren't even playing.............

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 07:20:02 PM »
I bet you all the money in the world that if woulda' asked that vey same question, you wouldn't have answered so rudely! Sheesh!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 07:49:10 PM »
Are you talking to me?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 08:01:57 PM »
Yes. And The Chef, sorry, I just had to let that out...

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 09:01:26 PM »
He deserves it, FishForBrains,

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 09:12:03 PM »
Cut him some slack, Bacon And Eggs, he's really improving! he isn't making pointless threads, I think we should stop before this thread gets locked.

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 10:08:50 PM »
And here I was thinking that all these replies were new people applying... xD

Anyway, if no-one's replying, then it's probably best to let this thread sink into the dark abyss of those over thirty days old before this heated discussion gets worse.

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 09:59:29 AM »
No man, this sounds way to fun to trash.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 10:21:36 AM »
This is too good of a topic, US. Heck, I'll even join if it means keeping it alive. The only trouble is finding people who have played SF64 extensively enough to know their way around the game. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people. X\

Print