Print

Author Topic: Most Underrated Mario Game  (Read 19819 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2011, 08:33:40 PM »
I know BP's gonna disagree with that.

I'd like to see Wart turn up in one of the RPGs, be it Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi. I would imagine him having water or poison-based attacks.

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2011, 09:41:29 PM »
Here's an idea!  Wart shows up in Bowser's dream and they decide to team up to take out Mario.  He can't get any rest whether awake or asleep!  I imagine gameplay mechanics where Mario gets tired and slips into the dream world, where levels are changed and he's got to find "dream stars" which I imagine will look like classic alarm clocks and also wake him up.  The final fight will be shifting between fighting Bowser in the waking world and Wart in the dream world.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2011, 10:56:47 PM »
BP doesn't care anymore
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2011, 11:03:48 PM »
Another friend of mine came up with this idea for a Mario & Luigi sequel years ago where Wart and Tatanga team up to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom with a giant robot called "The Dream Pagosu". Would make a decent plot for Mario & Luigi 4.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2011, 08:19:50 AM »
Yeah, there was this one site at some point that was running a series on awesome hypothetical installments for certain games. I remember they recommended a Super Mario RPG 2 that would take place in Sarasaland, or maybe a combination of many other Mario kingdoms.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2011, 05:40:54 AM »
Does the site still exist? Can you remember the name at all?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2011, 07:46:31 AM »
Well, shoot, uh... I could Google some keywords, at least. Truth be told, I was looking to review it myself.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2011, 03:22:55 PM »
Turns out ShadowBrain is actually a time traveler. Time travel has the side-effect of blotting out memories of the future, leaving dark shadows on the brain--the dark unknowns of events yet to come. The light of memory trickles through gaps in the shadows, so he can remember faint details about the site in question, but doesn't remember...

...it was Chef's blog, written in 2016
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2011, 05:42:49 PM »
Thank you, K.I. Simpson, but here's the link.

Print