Print

Author Topic: MKDS Wi-Fi: Glicthy cheating  (Read 3277 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« on: December 30, 2005, 02:40:25 PM »
For Those who play MKDS Wi-Fi...

When playing againist other ppl acrossed the internet I noticed some weird things (these ACCUTALLY happened)

as your driving along and you see another player, they are usssaully drifting, which is what the pros are doing all the time. BUT on your screen
they are flinging aroung to the left and right all around the course, making it impossible to conclude where they really are, making it almost
impossible to hit with items, even the red shell. (?!?!?!) sometimes your oppennent will fall the course, (this happened a lot because I play
RAINBOW ROAD a lot) but as soon as you see them skid right off, BOOM!!! they are driving right on the road, as if they never fell off!!!

can this be explained??? (I have DSL and know what lag is and exprienced it a lot)

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 02:53:27 PM »
Having never played the game, this is just a guess...

It's probably just lag.  For example, at one instant in time, your opponent could be moving toward an edge.  They see themselves going toward the edge, and you see them going toward the edge.  They're not idiots, so they turn away from the edge and stay on the road.  But, your DS does not immediately receive the signal indicating that they turned.  They see themselves stay on the road, but your DS still thinks they are going straight towards the edge, so you see them fall off.  Then your DS receives the signal of their updated position, and suddenly you see them back on the road again.  This can be really annoying in games, but if it's any consolation, if your connection is lagging, their connection might be lagging too.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 02:57:06 PM »
Yes, it's normal lag.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 03:18:42 PM »
also, sometimes they fly!

and ussaully, no ALWAYS at the last second, a blue shell appears right on the last lap. >:(

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 03:21:56 PM »
Lag, yes.

I've been close to winning first place many a time only to lose due to lag.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 06:16:09 PM »
Well, you lost because you were slower. The lag only gave you false hope.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 06:27:15 PM »
yeah sure after getting hit with blue winged shells 5 times in a row

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 06:50:26 PM »
Yeah, when I race bobman37, he would always "fall off the edge" and then come back up. One time, he shot one blue shell at me, but it acted like he shot two at the same time, and I was hit twice! Weird. :-\

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 06:52:18 PM »
Hm... Interesting, I only remember falling off the edge "for real" once, on Choco Mountain, so either me or Khold must have been lagging pretty bad. Probably me.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 07:03:05 PM »
hmmmm....... with these lagging skills, I could elude red shells!

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005, 02:40:42 PM »
All this reminds me of Speed Cheating for Counter-Strike...
Most Wishy-Washy

Print