Print

Author Topic: What's in your trash can?  (Read 12326 times)

« on: January 18, 2006, 01:52:36 AM »
Each day, we throw things away. Food wrappers, old documents, broken toys, vegetables, meat, fruit, and countless other obselete items. You can learn a lot about people from what they throw away- not that I'm suggesting you go through other people's garbage, or anything. :)

So, what's in your trash can/bin/garbage/rubbish? In mine, there are tons of food wrappers.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 02:00:10 AM by Luigi Simpson »
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 01:58:59 AM »
Right now...uh, paper towels, Kleenexes, empty box of granola bars, empty box of fruit snacks, an old receipt that I found in a textbook I bought, a paper with a bunch of friend codes written on it, my last semester schedule...I don't want to dig any further. This is getting gross.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 02:20:01 AM »
Of all the days to ask, you ask this question on my neighborhood's garbage pickup day. I have absolutely absolutely nothing in my garbage can right now.
lumpia (LOOM'·pee·ah") n.
A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 06:58:58 AM »
A Doritos bag, a Lays bag, some Kleenexes used for the wiping down of froggy whiteboards, paper wads, packaging for dry-erase markers, a receipt and that's it.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 10:13:04 AM »
Not as of now, but usually, I have old paper and the incoorectly placed empty water bottles that should be recycled.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 11:50:56 AM »
Let's see... we got a chewed pencil... pencil shavings... a Nintendogs game card that used to belong to my sis... lots of scrapped fanfics... oh, so that's where my copy of The Golden Compass went!
"Spiders! They want me to tap dance! I don't wanna tap dance!" ~ Ron Weasley, Prizoner of Azkaban movie

Martini

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 03:02:24 PM »
_
o 0
___

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 04:33:18 PM »
A bunch of soda cans, paper, the remains of bird food, and a bag.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 08:55:20 PM »
Paper Balls, more Paper Balls, and a few Paper Balls. Oh yes, and some pop cans. But mostly Paper Balls.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 08:56:18 PM »
Let's see... we got a chewed pencil... pencil shavings... a Nintendogs game card that used to belong to my sis... lots of scrapped fanfics... oh, so that's where my copy of The Golden Compass went!

Why did you throw away a Nintendogs game card?

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 09:02:45 PM »
I have Kleenxes, an empty envelope, and some dead bugs.  My can is usually very clean so I'm one of the boring types.

No offense, but I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by strange topics like these.  Not that I don't like them but... it's just getting too weird for me.  But this is kind of funny and I bet someone will mention something hilarious.  Oh wait... ah ha! *starts throwing tons of random soft objects in can and sticks it on his head* We have a winner!

I wonder if anyone will make a parody thread from this like usual.  I'll bet on "Stick your head in a garbage can and tell us how you feel about that."
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 11:46:28 PM »
Loose tea and a Kleenex or two.

What would YOU do with a bunch of tea that fell on your desk?
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 06:48:27 AM »
I found a Coke bottle, a band-aid, and some strange plastic wrappers.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 10:07:06 AM »
A dead body.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 01:09:24 PM »
Best thread ever.

About 6 giant Pixie Stix straws
About 20 Air Head wrappers
About 50 used Kleenexes. My nose runs a lot right after I wake up.
Several envelopes
About a dozen empty packets of Easy Mac
About 2 or 3 empty mini-bags of popcorn.
A few magazine subscription ads

It's quite a bit full, and I don't feel like emptying it to takea complete stock. All you need to know is that I don't have time to eat proper lunches/dinners.
~I.S.~

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 02:10:45 PM »
Garbage.

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 03:12:24 PM »
A few gum wrappers, bananna peel, DS safety booklets, my dog(seriously, she likes to jump in there and sleep!), and my dog's toy.

Here's my little fur ball. ;) I'll get a pic of her in the trash can sometime.

Martini

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 04:45:13 PM »
aww man, I was going to say that deezer.well, I'll say it anyway, garbage. Ha!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 10:16:03 PM »
Right now in my room's trash can are some broken headphones (darn sony), papers, a sock with a hole in the bottom, some old guitar tabs, kleenexes, and my sister. (Ha ha, got you on that one, it's my brother.)
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2006, 12:12:10 AM »
Why is a trash can when the floor is so much easier to hit? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2006, 01:19:09 AM »
ummm, butter wrappers, gone bad prepared salad (no salad dressing), water jug, italian dressing jug, a bag, onion peels
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Sqrt2

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2006, 07:54:27 AM »
A TON of sweet wrappers and 2 crisp packets.
AA fanboy and proud!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2006, 08:32:06 AM »
I've got a ton o' crap in my trash recepticles (including my bed). The most recent Trash Census has revieled the following:

An old Coke can
My old, broken Game Gear
Underwear (how'd that get in there?)
A vintage-1981 Zork disc (how'd that get in there?)
A Duke Nukem poster (how'd that get in there?)
Feline fecal matter
Cat poop (there's a difference)
Unidentified creepy fluff
Garbage
Trash
Waste matter
every

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2006, 05:23:03 PM »
- a few Kleenexes
- plastic wrapper
- a fun-sized candy bar wrapper or two
- old wad of gum that's been stuck to the botton for ages

That's usually about it.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2006, 06:23:54 PM »
You know what annoys me, fun sized candy. It is not fun sized when it is very small. It is small size. Fun size would be... like King size on steriods. Who can argue with that? I would have a lot more fun eating that then some mini-candy bar.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2006, 06:39:51 PM »
I fun-sized candy is awesome in bulk. I'd rather have bunches of those rather than one giant-sized candy bar. I eat a little bit at a time, so those are the perfect size. I don't like leaving partially eaten candy around.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Martini

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2006, 07:47:14 PM »
It's called fun sized because you will have fun figuring out why they make it fun!...FUN!

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2006, 07:49:56 PM »
More Kleenexes, Cabury Creme Egg wrapper, old funnies, shreds of a popcorn bag and a Cheetos thing.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2006, 08:11:02 PM »
About a dozen empty packets of Easy Mac

Easy Mac?  I love that chessy stuff!  High-five!
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2006, 08:28:23 PM »
Trash. Obviously.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2006, 09:01:38 PM »
I don't eat the mac. I just eat the cheese from the packages.
It's YOUR problem!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2006, 11:10:28 PM »
I bet I know what's in Bird Person's trash can...a lot of empty cups of Febreeze. :)
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2006, 10:27:35 AM »
Whats in my trash can?
I dare not look in it, as I am afraid that a sinister hand will grab me by the neck, pull me down into the trash can, and feed me chicken wings and rock me to sleep.
*Shivers*
Most Wishy-Washy

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2006, 11:51:14 AM »
You are!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2006, 03:58:03 PM »
An envelope, a popcorn kernel and some hairs. >_<

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2006, 04:00:51 PM »
Some paper handkerchiefs an a couple of candy wrappers. Nothing interesting currently
You just wasted previous seconds of your life if you read this signature which doesn't really contain anything interesting.

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2006, 05:24:13 PM »
Tons of shredded documents and mailbox advertisements. Possibly some leftover food.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2006, 05:55:16 PM »
An envelope, a popcorn kernel and some hairs. >_<

Now with Kleenex action!

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2006, 08:53:26 PM »
Tissues, paper (after effortlessly trying to make various Mario-themed objects), plastic and a jet-black cartrage with a sticky note that says 'M3 Prototype' with a bunch of Japanesse symbols after it (just kidding). As for my Recycle Bin on my computer, a folder labeled 'Mario Sprites', a fourm downloading program that I couldn't get to work, another fourm downloading program that I couldn't get to work, a website, more Mario sprites, and a ROM labeled 'Mario2Japan'.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Mr. Koopa

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2006, 08:58:21 PM »
ummmm...
Paper, Paper, Paper, Paper, Gum Wrapper, Gum, a Finger, Paper, My First shoe, Paper, Paper, oooo a Twinkie! I'll Get back to you.

*Munches on Twinkie*

Awww man! Where's the Cream Filling....
Oh There it is! On My Cat That Ran Away!
Food or Mr. Koopa? I'll have Mr. Koopa

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2006, 12:34:45 AM »
Now I've got a couple of SoBe bottles, a plastic bag, a paper towel, a blue Doritos bag, a Cheetos bag, some bread, more bird seed, some unidentifiable orange crap, a CD labels sheet, and more stuff. No, I lied. 1/2 a CD labels sheet. 1/2 of the sheet's still good.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2006, 01:30:56 AM »
Nothing really special, just a twinkee wrapper, a ticket stub for the movie Hostel, old rat food, a popcorn bag, and the plastic wrapping for the games Geist and Sonic Gems Collection.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2006, 09:57:38 AM »
There's some shreds of popcorn paper in there now.

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2007, 12:01:51 PM »
Yay phor topic revival.

About 50 tissues, a ton of paper, some cardboard boxes, candy wrappers, soda cans, and a webcam (don't ask).
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2007, 12:06:08 PM »
I have a trash can right beside my desk. Right now, it's empty, but I mainly use for tissues. Those taste pretty good after a while.

I mean- uh, it's not what you think. What I meant to say was... uh... look! A monkey! *Runs away*
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2007, 12:42:45 PM »
Let's see...there is nothing in my personal trash can cause I just emptied it. But in my (mom's :() recycling bin on her computer are things I put in it like pictures of me that I don't want the girls to see, setups to different programs, and stupid worthless non-working spam blockers.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2007, 01:57:02 PM »
I wonder why I never posted in this thread before....

Anyway, I recently changed my trash bag so all that's in it is a couple of those packets that held small brownies, and discarded hair from my hair brush.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2007, 02:29:47 PM »
Two cans and a paper towel. Not much different from last time...
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2007, 03:15:20 PM »
I think my personal trash can contains some stuff from when I was cleaning the living room earlier. I don't use it for personal stuff, since my computer died.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2007, 04:13:47 PM »
The contents of my trashcan are as follows:

2 empty Coke bottles
An empty Coke can
2 broken pencils
A horribly scratched blank CD
Some wires
Lots of crumpled paper
No tea
every

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2007, 08:43:39 PM »
I have not emptied my trash can for a while, luckily it only contains bottles of Nestea Peach Green Tea. I should recycle those I think for sure.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2007, 09:37:25 AM »
The trash can here at school contains used tissues and other assorted paper that gets thrown away.

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2007, 01:06:47 PM »
Mostly candy wrappers.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2007, 07:33:50 PM »
Let's see.

1 44 oz. styrofoam cup (for fountain drink)
1 used acne pad
2 used tissues
1 plastic piece that covered something to prevent damage at some point or another.

A LOT less full than usual.
~I.S.~

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2007, 11:08:54 PM »
Note: Some of this is actually AROUND my trash can since I haven't emptied it in some time.
A million paper plates, a few paper bowls, one plastic cup (another 12 are in a stack on my desk), target bag with more trash within, Dr Pepper cans (another 6 or 7 all around my desk), a Styrofoam take-out box, Subway sandwich wrapper, a coat hanger (WTD?) a frozen pasta box, unidentifiable papers, Diet Coke cans, napkins, etc.
Most is food-related. Again, the kitchen's redoingness is still in progress so most of my meals are eaten here at my desk as the kitchen table is outside on the deck. Can't wait till we can have a good, home-cooked meal as a family again... Some lasagna. Oh yeah.
It's YOUR problem!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2007, 10:17:49 PM »
It's pretty boring. A few old Kleenexes, some gum wrappers, an empty tortilla chip container, the plastic protector from the new toner I just installed in the printer. Nothing exciting.

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2007, 11:57:06 AM »
Nothing that I can really make out right now, there's a lot of stuff in there, and it's all bunched together. All I can see is a small pizza box, a plastic cup, a broken up figurine, and a soda can.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2007, 10:46:08 AM »
What SHOULD be in my garbage: empty Fritos bag, an old Kleenex, old fruit snack wrappers, pop bottle lids, old notebooks and papers (which included drawings :( ) that my house cats peed on.
What IS in my garbage: An old Casper band-aid that's been stuck to the bag for years, a couple empty Cheetos bags, a napkin, one of those gas station food containers that used hold cheese balls, a cottage cheese container, and some personal garbage that I don't want to be be specific about here.
Old food?  Why should I throw that kind of stuff away when it's not moldy and I have two farm cats and a dog outside to feed it to?
Unlike most of you, my family does NOT throw away old pop bottles, because we can get 5 cents for those things.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2007, 02:46:23 PM »
Right now, just one thing: a rotten ole grape that has seen better days. Poor grape.

Print