Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii NA Commercials Blow Out!  (Read 7813 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: April 22, 2008, 03:07:39 PM »

You know those annoying car commercials that would interrupt the awesome "Wii Would Like to Play" commercials? Well, someone at Nintendo had the bright idea to combine the two, removing anything cool from the latter. What we have left is the commercials for Mario Kart Wii in North America. After watching them, which style of advertising do you prefer?

Link: gonintendo.com
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 03:44:37 PM »
There was nothing cool about those Wii Would Like To Play commercials.

This ad is hilarious for so many different reasons. LOOK AT THA FOOTAGE! LOOK AT THA FOOTAGE!
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 04:09:36 PM »
These ads are pimp.

Also: "blow'd up".

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAW!

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 05:12:12 PM »
That was good.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 06:46:51 PM »
I'm surprised they don't say WIIIIIIIIHAAAAAAW!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 05:10:27 AM »
Horrible but funny (because it's horrible).
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 05:31:10 AM »
These are definitely far better than all the other "Wii would like to play" ads in that these actually show the advertised game instead of people playing said game.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 07:49:59 AM »
Thank goodness for some variety. Nintendo is to the Wii Would Like to Play commercials as God is to natural disasters: Testing our faith. Whether you like those ads are not, they're still just too... uniform. Each game needs to stand on its own merits with its own individual ads (actually, I think Nintendo had the best videogame ads on TV during the GBA/GCN era).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 08:17:22 AM »
Thank goodness for some variety. Nintendo is to the Wii Would Like to Play commercials as God is to natural disasters: Testing our faith. Whether you like those ads are not, they're still just too... uniform. Each game needs to stand on its own merits with its own individual ads (actually, I think Nintendo had the best videogame ads on TV during the GBA/GCN era).
Strongly agree. I was sick and tired of those unattractive commercials. I mean, come on! The same gimmick, the same music. HOW LAME! Escpecially with great games like Super Mario Galaxy and SSBB, This commercial was definitely a change from all this monotony. Still, have you seen the European commercials?

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 10:40:59 AM »
I WAS JUST ABOUT TO INFORM YOU ABOUT THIS!
The commercial JUST now came on, like a minute ago!

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 02:34:26 PM »
Is it just me, or does it seem that there is a bigger advertising campaign then any of the Wii's other hardcore titles combined?

Still, a funny set of commercials. Definately more creative then that "Wii would like to play" stuff.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 02:44:55 PM »
I honestly don't like these commercials. At all. They really could have done something less... obnoxious.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 07:08:47 PM »
That Cowboy dude could make for some great YouTube Poop material.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 07:45:08 PM »
I honestly don't like these commercials. At all. They really could have done something less... obnoxious.
Anything that doesn't involve sterotypical Japanese guys and racially-diverse twenty-somethings making MP3, SMB, and SSBB look dorky is a godsend for me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print