Print

Author Topic: SMRPG2 with rpg maker 95...  (Read 8511 times)

Kat

« on: June 03, 2000, 11:39:32 PM »
Hey, I just have a [kinda] great idea. I mean kinda since it has a few flaws but here we go;

Would do you people think if someone could make a ***GOOD*** SMRPG2 with rpg maker 95. Its a free tool over the internet as a download to make the rpgs of your dreams. [found at http://www.rpgmaker.net/] ^^;; I was just curious as too what you people would think of that and if anyone could ever actually pull it off. [I'd like to work on it myself, but im stuck in that "lazy summer" mood right now ;P]

•^v´~`·._•(·~Kat~·)•_.·´~`v^•

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2000, 10:51:08 AM »
I would be glad to work on it when i get to Georgia   i only have 3 problems- Mario Chara sets
Mario TileSets
Lack of options in RPGmaker95   (i probably would convert it to RPGMaker2000 when don miguel gets it translated)  By the way    the official site of the translated rpgmaker 95 and 2000  is
http://www.chat.ru/~rpgmaker/

~*(Remember:  Koopa is Watching you)*~
Muwahahahahahaha IIIIIIIIIIM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

Kat

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2000, 12:01:42 PM »
^^;; thanx, -.-;; I knew there were a few more flaws than that in there somewhere...

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2000, 11:29:35 AM »
I think RPG Maker 95 is just dandy. I am currentlying making a neat game, but in order to push it the limits, you really got to know how to use it. I was going to attempt a Mario RPG sequal, but I couldn't find any tile or chara sets exectp for mario and i'm too lazy to rip them myself.

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2000, 12:35:15 PM »
Rpgmaker2000 will have a lot more options..including a JUMP command!!! ill look for a sprite sheet for smrpg OR download a emulator and a SMRPG rom and use that.   If someone wants to e-mail me a storyline to base SMRPG2 on  e-mail me on my georgia SN(SSJFrostZ1@aol.com) (while im in GA ill work a lot on it)  just need a tileset and a chara set(charaset is no problem  Tileset is the problem)

~*(Remember:  Koopa is Watching you)*~
Muwahahahahahaha IIIIIIIIIIM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2000, 01:18:23 PM »
in relation to kats response,thats a cool idea for whoever invented it.umm,i like to play final fantasy games but i just got ffanthology.smrpg wasnt that bad(go geno!).i may make smrpg with the rpgmaker,i guess you do need good graphics.im glad it isnt cheap zzt stuff.

matt gulley
kupopo!!!

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2000, 01:20:53 PM »
and dont forget to vote for the worst mario character!especially mario fans.

matt gulley
kupopo!!!

Kat

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2000, 02:37:56 PM »
Aah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows what there talking about when it comes to rpg maker 95/2000 [Althou I can't really say that since 2000 is fully tranlated yet.. right? ^^;;] Anywho, since Im and artsy/computer-artsy person, I was gonna *try* to make some Mario chara sets by the end of the summer, but I dunno... Also, If anyone still wants to try to just rip them out of a rom of SMRPG like Chocobo said, I would try these links. I think you should find what your looking for here, but I'm not shure if all the links at Games-Mania still work...

http://www.zophar.net
http://www.games-mania.net

Gook luck to any and all who attempt this~I really would like to see what some of us could pull off...or maybe ::all:: of us... hmmm...^^;;

Kat

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2000, 02:39:44 PM »
O____o;; AACK!! typo typo!!

"Good"

^^;;; oops~

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2000, 05:49:57 PM »
You see, ripping Mario RPG would be very hard because you barely ever see any of the characters move "MUCH" next to Mario, so that dosn't halp much...

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Link

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2001, 05:49:16 PM »
Um...could you BUY the software. I gues it would come with a book, more optitions, less confusing. :-)

------------------------------
The unoffical vice-president

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2001, 06:33:26 PM »
June 5, 2000...
hmm....

Sorry, Link.
I truly doubt that this conversation is still going on..
Though it would be an interesting concept...

Aid
Go Moon!

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2001, 10:27:31 PM »
This 'un is pretty old, as RPG Maker 2000 has been translated for awhile.

Someone set up us the bomb!
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2001, 12:13:12 AM »
I have used RPG Maker 2000 for a month and masterd just about every single command. I had over 1,000 character sets with almost every single popular Nintendo character you could think of.

My RPG was to enter Nintendo World and save it from invaders from the Sega and Playstation world. The only thing I dont like about making RPG games is that it takes months to make a game, plus sometimes after all that hard work you have to find people that would want to play that.

RPG Maker 2000 also gives me a headache. Even though I masterd all the commands in the program, there were still bugs and glitches that took hours to get rid of.

Another thing why I dont like RPG Maker 2000 is that when you enter a battle, the battle's screen is an up-front view, not a side scrolling view.

For example what is the diference between getting into a battle in Mario RPG and Earthbound?

#1 Mario RPG's battle graphics allow you to see your characters fighting and also the enemy

#2 Earthbound's battle graphics is some picture on the screen that flashes and dosent move, the only thing you see is the spell graphics of fire, ice, thunder, etc.

RPG Maker 2000 has Earthbound's battle graphics and I DO NOT like that type of battle graphic where a picture just sits in front and flashes. I mean its ok but I wouldnt go working so hard to make an RPG with that type of style.

I also wanted to say that you wont find any battle skins for the monsters that relate to diferent characters.

People rarely make monsters skins for RPG Maker 2000 and I doubt you would find a skin of Bowser on the screen, or Sonic, etc.

Since there was barely a good population that made monster skins from series like Nintendo, TV shows, Movies, etc.
I had to use other skins for characters. Bowser in my rpg I had to make was a mutant lizard, plus most of the characters I was fightining diddnt look nothing like Nintendo's.

I ended up fighting skeletons, bats, spiders, soilders. The idea of not many sites who make monster skins is just horrible. Tell me when there will be upgrades on some better RPG Makers.

RPG Maker 2000 is an ok program, I just wouldnt work that hard to make a game that crappy.

(The reason I type long posts is because I am a very fast typer. Hee Hee)

I am the Nintendo Master!
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Link

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2001, 08:00:57 AM »
I love bringing back old topics. You know that by now, don't you?

------------------------------
The unoffical vice-president

Print