Print

Author Topic: WTMK and Orchestra  (Read 4108 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: August 24, 2003, 10:38:28 PM »
After listening to WTMK, I loved there orchestra and jazz remixes of SMB and Dr. Mario, etc. I love that jazz remix! I think after listening to that, I believe there should be a lot more orchstra and jazz remixes added.

Also, where could I find orchestras and jazz playing Mario music on the web? Or CD's?

Another thing. You know that instrument that you hear at the beginning of Gelato Beach?
Or on SSBM at Peach's Castle; that instrument that starts playing the SMB theme. I can't describe what it sounds like really, but my best guess, based on what my friend said, would be an African Steel Drum. If you even knew what the heck I was saying up there, then could you give me a guess on what instrument that is?

Hey folks, you should try this. Show people your drivers license and ask them if "they have seen this man."
Quote from George W. Bush: "I have opinions, strong ones, but I don''t always agree with them."
Formerly quite reasonable.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 10:53:43 PM »
There is a Japanese Orchestra that plays special concerts called Orchestral Game Concerts. As you thought, they play video game music at the concerts. They've had quite a few. About 6 concerts so far. They have played a couple of Mario Bros. songs. If you want to look for them, I'd sugest looking them up on a Media sharing Program such as Kazaa or Grokster. THat's where I downloaded them all from. As for the drum question, I believe it may be a Djimbe drum or a Tinpano drum. I cannot tell though because of your vague desrciption. But by the sound of your question, it is almost definitely some type of Percussion Instrument.

My cause is worthy. *Takes out Katana* The might of righteousness will overcome the wrath of darkness.*Eats slice of pizza* Virtue is what you must achieve. Meow! I am the Samurai Pizza Cat!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 10:53:49 PM »
Dude, it's steel drums. You never heard them before?! I'm shocked.

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 10:55:31 PM »
Ack! Double post. Sorry. Oh and yes I kow what you're tlaking about now that I think of it. They're steel drums.

My cause is worthy. *Takes out Katana* The might of righteousness will overcome the wrath of darkness.*Eats slice of pizza* Virtue is what you must achieve. Meow! I am the Samurai Pizza Cat!
= = = = = = =

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2003, 05:39:26 PM »
I like it when WTMK plays different versions of the more reconisable Mario songs.
Moments ago I heard the classic mario title music being played by a salsa band.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Edited by - Master_Luigi on 8/25/2003 4:40:38 PM

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2003, 06:23:27 PM »
Ha! I knew it was steel drums. Good guess, eh? Thanks for the info about the orchestra Meowrio!

Hey folks, you should try this. Show people your drivers license and ask them if "they have seen this man."
Quote from George W. Bush: "I have opinions, strong ones, but I don''t always agree with them."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2003, 06:25:59 PM »
Yeah, I guessed it was the steel drum. I know what it sounds like too. I just wasn't too sure about the name. Although, when my friend showed me his keyboard, it had the steel drums on it. *whistles SMB*

Edited by - trainman on 8/25/2003 6:09:25 PM

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 07:21:05 PM »
Lizard Dude and all other piano players,

I was looking around the internet for sheet music, and I found a site called www.gamemusic.com. If you look at the Top 25 best sellers, Mario should be the 7th best. (For some stupid reason, it is not 1st,) Anyway, when you click on it, it will show you a solo piano sheet music arangement book of Super Mario Sunshine!!! It is imported from Japan, so you won't know what you're playing until you actually start to play it. Uuuh, it's 27.99. I think it is about 111 pages of SMS music. Cool, huh? Except the part where you have to pay, bummer. It's free to play after you pay. Haha, heh heh.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2003, 07:42:46 PM »
Deezer, where could I listen to the orchestra and jazz band seperately? What I mean is, is that I like listening to the orchestra, but then I don't like to sit for an hour waiting for it to play again. Is there some way to backtrack in Winamp? If you hold left on the keyboard, it will backtrack the time the music has been playing, not the music itself. Is there a way to rewind the music, in other words?

Thanks!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2003, 10:09:46 PM »
You can't rewind internet radio. You'll have to find the MP3s somewhere, or something.

That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2003, 08:42:41 PM »
Hey Chuppseron Weird, why'd you get rid of my post? Did I do something wrong? I don't recall even what I wrote there. I probably did something stupid without realising it. Drat. I always do that. X(

= = = = = = =

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2003, 09:56:25 PM »
Hey, meowrio, don't be so hard on yourself.
Hey, paisanos!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2003, 10:17:12 PM »
I wish somebody could find and post some of those orchestra concerts. Especially SMB, Dr. Mario, and SMW.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2003, 10:25:09 PM »
I only edited that because it was a double post.

Also, if you want game music, check out rpgamers.net or gamingforce.com's forums. You can't usually find them just floating about the 'net. (Oh, and you'll need an FTP client and the knowledge of how to use one.)

That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2003, 10:40:16 PM »
Okeydoke! Sorry for jumping to conclusions Chupperson Weird. I was just being a little dramatic because I was in a bad mood because I had a bad stomach ache. Luckily I'm my back to my dynamic self! Happy and spunky as ever! :D

= = = = = = =

Print