Print

Author Topic: Re: when will we forget mario?  (Read 9273 times)

« on: November 18, 2000, 11:37:51 AM »
Anybody that really seriously enjoys the Mario games on a regular basis won't forget Mario.  It's just that simple.  Just like nobody will forget Bugs Bunny or Mickey Mouse.  Or Urkel.  Mario's an icon, man.  You don't just forget about an icon (unless, of course, you fall victim to Alzheimer's).
Haters gonna hate

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2000, 10:54:03 AM »
I agree completely with you, man! MARIO ALL THE WAY! (Hee hee...) I love Mario and Nintendo, and I would never, even if I was a victim to Alshiemer's, never forget Mario. He's brought so much joy into my life; I just can't think of what life would be like without him and Nintendo (It would be pretty dull...)!

And guess what? I'M FINALLY GETTING A NINTENDO 64 FOR CHRISTMAS! I bugged my mom into getting me one... I'm going to give away my *gasp* PlayStation. PLAYSTATION SUCKS!

Here's my list of favorite things (in case you were curious)...

MARIO/NINTENDO (obviously)

LOONEY TUNES (Bugs Bunny is cool)

JIM CARREY (he's the funniest man alive)

Well, that was a long post! Just remember... MARIO RULES!

Mario Maniac!!

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 11/20/2000 8:56:00 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2000, 03:14:11 PM »
The thing is, the character "Mario" as been along for so many years, that for some people its become a paert of their lives. The only reason some people may have not have heard of Mario, is because they've been in a closet all their lives, or they don't have Nintendo. That's pretty sad too. Mario is a past time friend that has always been with us forever, and will probably never. ever be forgotten. At least, I hope.

(\o/)
 / \

(Angel!)
I like cheese!

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2000, 03:18:07 PM »
oops! Screwed that angel up. It should look like this:

(\o/)
         /\
I like cheese!

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2000, 03:19:28 PM »
I'm just gonna stop doing that. Sorry for wasting space!

:)
I like cheese!

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2000, 07:17:18 AM »
Might wanna try
(\o/)
./\

EDIT: Here's a lesson: never forget that handy-dandy edit button.

(\o/)
../\

Anyhoo, I hope I never forget Mario(and that my SNES and SMB4 never break).

~teehee~

Edited by - Golem on 11/23/00 5:19:23 AM
~teehee~

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2000, 11:07:37 AM »
I don't think I will.  I've been a "Mario" fan for 14 years!

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2000, 11:34:34 AM »
My NES served me well for over 10 years before it puttered out.  I bought a new (used) one and it also puttered out... however the memory of all those lost hours lives on in my heart! <snif> Thank you, Nintendo...

Please note- The above message was satiric.  Although I am fond of my NES and it is one reason why I am the way I am, I am not extremely dramatic about it.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2000, 02:15:34 PM »
i first played mario ever since i was 3 years old!i miss those golden years!i played the first mario game at that time!

its really matt!
its really matt!

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2000, 02:15:55 PM »
and also snake rattle and roll!hahahahahahaha

its really matt!
its really matt!

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2000, 02:15:58 PM »
and also snake rattle and roll!hahahahahahaha

its really matt!
its really matt!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2000, 06:31:29 AM »
Well, I've been a fan of Nintendo/Mario for over 15 years (I'll be 16 in December)! I don't know when or even if Mario will die down (I hope to God that he doesn't...).

I own a PlayStation (which I'm going to get rid of) and a Game Boy Pocket (which I'm also going to get rid of to buy a Game Boy Color)...

I'm getting a Nintendo 64 for Christmas! YIPEE!

I LOVE MARIO!

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2000, 04:58:52 PM »
I've been a Mario fan (more importantly a Luigi fan) since I was eight--nearly twelve years ago. True, my tastes have changes over the past decade, but my love for these games hasn't died yet, and I doubt it ever will.
-----
Back from the Dead!
RaiaGirl :P

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2000, 05:02:04 PM »
I've been a Mario fan (more importantly a Luigi fan) since I was eight--nearly twelve years ago. True, my tastes have changes over the past decade, but my love for these games hasn't died yet, and I doubt it ever will.
-----
Back from the Dead!
RaiaGirl :P

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2000, 08:54:07 PM »
well IF we ever forget mario we older people will still remeber. i started playing around 4.yup those where the days.well hear this!those golden days when we played earlly those games where bad grapics!Welcomne to the future!better games grapics and more ideas
Break me...I dare you.

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2000, 03:51:14 PM »
Welcome to my past.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2000, 06:52:50 PM »
That's been on the back of my mind lately. Will I ever forget such things as Mario, Final Fantasy, etc? After long and hard thinking, I might forget their meaning, but never them. Such things as these days- they're a state of my mind that I'll always revisit. Chances are, I will forget things. Somethings I'll wish I wouldn't of and some I'll wonder why I didn't. But I say this with quite certaintity-Mario has just been to important in my mind to go away forever. Sorry for the babble.
KWEEH! KWEEH!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2000, 10:13:46 AM »
Who's Mario?  He seems vaguely familiar... ; )

~teehee~
~teehee~

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2000, 05:36:19 PM »
I've half-forgotten some games, like "Demon Sword," "Bubsy," and "Mega Turrican," but I don't think it's possible to forget a game series of the caliber of "Mario."  I just hope this downhill spiral of quality is corrected soon.

VWWEEE-VWOO!
Mega 2

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2000, 06:18:12 AM »
I doubt a lot of us WILL forget. The games industry would have to be hit pretty hard. I mean Mario's been around for about 20 years now, it wouldn't be surprising if he kept going, heading up Nintendo's games and being an icon until eventually we are able to actually immerse our entire lives in the Mushroom World. Heh... and the day that happens is the day video games actually make life better ^_^
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2000, 01:28:35 PM »
Well, I'll remember him when I'm old and frail; I can hear myself saying to my grandkids: "When I was a chidler I'd play on a T.V game console. Not a fancy smancy
Hologram projector game:)

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2001, 08:25:27 PM »
Will be old and criple hovering in our hover whell chair(whichi i hope i can do!)They'll be playing something called hologram 3-d charecter with fake guns shooting eachother and haveing fun.while where playing on the tv mario!!!!!!!will be laughing at there face saying where old and your not!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!sorry for that.
Break me...I dare you.

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2001, 09:30:06 PM »
heck i dont think i will EVER forget Mario. I have too much stuff of his. for crying out loud i even bought Luigi's underware that Waluigi sold me.

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2001, 09:34:32 PM »
LOL forget Mario? That'll be the day...that'd be like umm.....umm....forgetting that video Games ever existed. MARIO is THE best out there, (Still Owns his ORIGIONAL NES and his ORIGIONAL MARIO GAMES) and the only way we'd forget about him was if um....if um.....Hell froze over, which wont happen, hopefully.

Hi! My name is (What?) My name is (WHO?) my name is *chickachicka* Ness Shady.
"All it takes it five seconds to realize how many times you screwed up this morning" ~ Ness Shady
"Dis is WTMK, Im''a Wario - All of de time! neeeheheheh"
"Timmay!"

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2001, 09:35:01 PM »
by the way with my new and fully operational time machine i found this article in the newyork times: the year was 2900: today Nintendo finally went out of busness do to an embarassing error with their latest Zelda game, seems that they had a scene with Princess Zelda naked. Believe me i couldnt believe it myself when i first read it, but its true.

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2001, 03:35:36 PM »
Can't be true!! Can't believe it!!!
Nintendo must live til year 3124! That's the year when I've calculated "SMB 10000: The Adventure Goes On" will be out on Nintendo GamePyramid4D. You must do something, Marionut, or people of the world will never know about the completely new and amazing character Nintendo is planning to include in it! You're the only one who can change the future. Help us, Marionut, you are our only hope.

------------------------------
Ens veiem al pròxim mil·leni!
See ya, er, soon!

Gonçal d=^)
------------------------------
Ens veiem al pròxim mil·leni!
See ya, er, soon!

Gonçal d=^)

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2001, 07:39:54 AM »
why do you think im trying to get rid of Zelda and poke'mon?

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2001, 02:27:20 PM »
Get rid of pokemon first. and then get rid of something else thats stupid...
"Timmay!"

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2001, 07:48:35 PM »
The day we forget Mario will be the day the earth gets Nuked by some aliens...
"Timmay!"

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2001, 02:39:58 PM »
*kicks Marionut*
*kicks Ness_shady*

Trust me Ness_Shady, if Nintendo were to ditch any one of their games, it would be EarthBound. Sure enough they are great games, but they don't bring in any revenue any more, the game productions for sequels are littered with problems, and most people have forgotten about it.

Pokémon is bringing in as much, if not more revenue than Mario games, and has a horrendously large fanbase. I am one of them. Go to my site and you'll see Pokémon isn't all about the cartoon and the kids running around buying things and "catching 'em all"... but it's a multiplayer RPG strategy game, and a **** fine and adaptable one at that.

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
Pokémon guides, downloads and info.
Webmaster

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2001, 03:08:24 PM »
Getting back to the subject...I don't think I'll EVER forget Mario. Period. I've played to many games, ahd too many hours put into Mario surfing online, I just like Mario game too much to ever just ditch them.

You think ya somethin more/ya so supafly/blind to the fact youre blind/youre so empty inside/its hard for me to get this thru to you/blind to the fact ya blind.
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2001, 06:54:50 AM »
*breaks fryguys leg* I cant beleive you want Pokemon and Zelda to make Nintendo go out of business. by the way nobody kicks me and gets away with it.

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2001, 01:31:55 AM »
(psst, you're being a jerk again)
Mario alone can't keep Nintendo in business, and seeing as Pokémon, Zelda and Mario are Nintendo's largest investments, and all three are bringing in tonnes of cash for them, I think you need to look at this more realistically.

Anyway, forget Mario? Never... the little plumber has far too much muscle left in him. However, Nintendo might have to start being a bit more original with their new Mario titles. Simply rehashing old Mario games isn't the greatest way to make a lot of cash, not when they could be making brand new adventures...

Paper Mario and their first GameCube venture are the kind of thing I'm talking about. These are (or will hopefully be) exciting new titles with a whole lot more imagination put into them. Rehashing SMB2 and SMB3 on the GBA is not the kind of move I like.

Pocket Monster Island - http://fryguy64.tripod.com
Pokémon guides, downloads and info.
Webmaster

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2001, 06:36:40 AM »
ok fryguy if you want to hear "the rest of the story" as paul harvey would say here it is. In the year 2889 a company named Funtek invented a Pok'emon look alike called computimon which had better graphics, more fun battles and it effectivly killed Pok'emon. How you ask? well the kids just raved about the new computimon and billions of Pokemon cartriges,CDs,and merchadise ended up in pawnshops and second-hand stores. Millions of the stuff actually gathered dust in stores. Nintendo was horified and tried to sue Funtek but the court rulled in Funtek's favor, so Nintendo desided to discontinued Pok'emon. That accumpanied by the blow in the Zelda game in 2900 put the company out of business. by the way I found out that it was a sabatauge by Sony, yes it still exists then and they curently have a playstation 15 out. Hmm Im being a jerk again huh? well you shouldn't go around kicking people, thats being a jerk. Now do you see why im trying to get rid of it, its not only because I dont like it, but I want my great great great great great great great granchildren  to enjoy the Nintendo expirence like I did when I was 4.

It''s a me Marionut#1

Edited by - marionut#1 on 4/6/2001 5:42:10 AM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2001, 10:27:43 AM »
Good point Marionut#1 (kind of). I would HATE it if Nintendo suddenly went out of business because of Sony or the blasphemous Microsoft "Xbox". I think that Microsoft is taking the wrong turn in making a videogame console. It just wouldn't pass. Sony did it with PlayStation, and look where they are now! As for Sega being a 3rd party developer... I'm glad they quit the consoles. I never really liked Sega (or Sony) in the first place; Nintendo's games were (and still are) far much better than Sony and Sega.

~Opens up a box of Super Mario Bros. Cereal- "Congratulations! You have just won a Sony PlayStation, courtesy of your friends at Nintendo!"
"Huh? Am I reading this right?"~

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2001, 05:45:36 AM »
NEVER will we forget Mario, at least I won't.

Would you like to buy a star?

Print