Print

Author Topic: Mario Bros 3 beta  (Read 4043 times)

« on: January 16, 2001, 04:53:44 PM »
if anyone has original box, the top two pics are beta.  The middle one was taken out, the top one slightly edited.  Does anyone have box to scan?  I don't have scanner to scan my box.  Also does anyone else have any beta screenshots for this game they would like to share with me?(or anyone else)

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2001, 05:16:05 PM »
what is a beta?
YoshiManiac

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2001, 06:00:55 PM »
beta is early copy of game whiel it is being designed, for test purposes,still in developetment

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2001, 07:13:24 PM »
Maybe www.gamesdomain.co/uk has some
YoshiManiac

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2001, 09:05:17 AM »
I have that box somewhere. I'll find it, scan the piccies and send it to Deezer for the site ^_^ I'm sure he'll find some use for it.
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2001, 03:40:11 PM »
Hey Fryguy,

COuld you send em to me too?  My e-mail is radtrm@yahoo.com  Thanks

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2001, 11:57:42 PM »
My SMB3 box has normal pictures on the back. However, when my mom got her own NES years later, it came bundled with SMB3 -- with the "beta" pictures on the back. Odd.
I've scanned both boxes:
http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/images/box_smb3_1.jpg
http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/images/box_smb3_2.jpg

And I know I got SMB3 on the first day it came out, because I remember playing SMB2 that night in giddy anticipation, waiting for my sister's husband to come back from Toys R Us with SMB3. Since he was so nice to get it for us, we let him have the first play. ^_^

Okay, that's enough story time.

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2001, 03:38:47 PM »
To Deezer

Wow!  Your mom plays Nintendo?  My parents really don't like that stuff that much.  Anyways this box thing gets even weirder.

The box I have is not from an action set or whatever you said, mine was gotten from Kitty City a awhile after SMB3 came out.  My brother got straight As on his reportcard so my parents bought it for him.  But when SMB 3 first came out, my brothers friend Jeff brought the game and the box over for us to play.  It had the beta shots on the back, and so did our box.  The weird thing is Jeff got the game when it first came out.  Maybe there was 2 different box arts, distributed to different areas?  Very strange.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2001, 08:20:38 AM »
Well ^_^ Deez beat me to it...

And Deezer's mom playing is nothing. My NES and games originally belonged to my grandmother ^_^;;
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2001, 05:21:39 PM »
hey can you guys send me it too? email me it at backlashsayin19082@hotmail.com
Break me...I dare you.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2001, 08:01:34 PM »
Ah, the beta screenies...

"Was he lying?"
"Does Fort Koopa need sweeping?"

rick_trimble@hotmail.com
"Was he lying?"
"Does Fort Koopa need sweeping?"

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2001, 03:35:57 PM »
i got out all my nintendo games and my nintendo.its been awhile old freind.you werent lying.they are different.now excuse me while i go play on this old antique.i also have a ps2,ps,snes,and n64.as well as computer and gameboy.no segas.

alright,the real owner of this usename is dead and i was the last one to know his password so ill carry out matts missions.mourn his death please.
its really matt!

Print