Print

Author Topic: New Mario Movie  (Read 7648 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: June 02, 2000, 05:30:07 AM »
Does anyone think that Nintendo will make a new Mario movie? If so, what are your suggestions for it? Would it be animated, live action, computer animated, etc. Post your replies here.

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2000, 10:16:42 AM »
Considering how horrid the first one was (suprisingly, I liked it.), there will not be another one in the near future.

I think everyone is seeing how the Final Fantasy Movie and Tomb Raider Movie (Go Angelina Jolie!) will fare before making another Mario movie.

I'd personally like to see one based off of SMB2 IMO.

---
Like Mario and Perfect Dark FanFictions? Come here!
http://pub14.ezboard.com/bimaginationmarioandpdboard

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2000, 10:25:46 AM »
I really want a new movie! I'd like it to be like SMW,animation movie. BTW, I'm from Israel and I don't know, Is there a SMW TV series?
Ori Porath

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2000, 10:40:13 AM »
I would like another Mario movie.  I liked the first movie(so  did my brother) and I don't know why knowone else liked it.

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2000, 11:38:03 AM »
I actually was playing around with the idea for a computer animated movie based on SM64. I was kind of writing the script out for it (I do that alot, that and video game ideas and junk like that) and it would work. If you guys want I'll post it up some time and you can see how it would be funny as well as really cool. I had the whole opening scene pictured all ready it was funny man!

Doomba, King of the Goombas
Doomba, King of the Goombas

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2000, 02:54:05 PM »
I liked the first mario movie.  but keep in mind-  that was made a long time ago so the graphics suck.....just imagine the kind of KingKoopa we could have if they made a new mario movie!             imagine the goombas and the everything......i think it should be based on SMB1 SMB3 SMW SM64 and have a little chase scene like MK or MK64!
get a little bit of everything in there

~*(Remember:  Koopa is Watching you)*~
Muwahahahahahaha IIIIIIIIIIM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2000, 02:55:51 PM »
Get SuperMegaMedia (the people behind the Final Fantasy and the rumored [parasite EVE] movie and the Space Channel 5 show on MtV next year) on it if you allw ant a CG movie.

I personally liked the first one. It had a B movie feel to it.

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2000, 06:16:52 PM »
I for one would like to see another Mario Movie. Think of a Mario Anime style Movie! Wouldn't that be cool? I'd like to read that script!

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2000, 08:22:30 PM »
There was a "Super Mario World" cartoon series.  Actually, I saw that before I ever played the game!
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2000, 09:58:22 PM »
I came up with an idea for a "Mario" movie about a year ago, but my plot outline read like an episode of "The X-Files."
Mega 2

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2000, 07:36:31 AM »
I think the new Mario movie should be based on either Super Mario RPG or Super Mario Bros. 3 (even though the first movie was slightly based on SMB, SMB3, and SMW). Mario and Luigi would be the only live action people in the movie. Mario should be played by Bob Hoskins (as in the first movie), but Luigi should be played by Ben Affleck. Toad should be a computer animated mushroom person like in the game, and should help the Mario Bros. on their journey to save the Princess. Wario should make an appearance as Mario's evil cousin whoi is sent by koopa to capture the Princess. Yoshi (who would not look like a T-Rex, but will look like the little green dino in Super Mario World) should not have a cameo role, instead he should actually help Mario beat Koopa (who would be a computer animated turtle). The Goombas will NOT be 10 foot tall monsters with tiny heads (as in the first movie), but should be the small, fanged mushrooms as pictured in Super Mario Bros. The Bullet Bills (which did make a slight cameo appearance in the first movie as the cartriges that were inserted into the Stomper Boots) should be 500 pound missiles that explode when they hit a wall. The Bob-Ombs should NOT be the tiny wind-up bombs as in the first movie, but should be the size of bowling balls and explode like a nuclear bomb!! Finally, the two thugs Iggy and Spike (supposedly two of Koopas 7 Koopa Kids) should be computer animated and will look more like their video-game counterparts (i.e.: big spiked shell, fire breath, horns on head, etc.). What do you think?

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2000, 09:43:13 AM »
I think it's a good idea, but i'd prefer an animated film. Like SM64 or SMW and all the SMBs.
Ori Porath

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2000, 11:43:25 AM »
Super Mario Bros.

My "Mario" movie would not be as sequel to the original "Super Mario Bros." movie, but would be a live-action film with considerable C.G.I. for the Koopas and some of the more bizarre Kingdoms of Mushroom World.  It would be more serious science fiction than any previous "Mario" form and would be geared with adults and children in mind, sort of like "Star Wars."

Story: Something's wrong with the sewers in Brookyln, NY. For some reason, turtles have been popping out of sewer pipes all over town.  It's up to Something's wrong with the sewers in Brookyln, NY. For some reason, turtles have been popping out of sewer pipes all over town.  It's up to expert plumber Mario Segali and his brother Luigi to rid their hometown of this infestation.  These aren't ordinary snapping turtles, either.  Nicknamed "Shellcreepers," they are the size of Galapagos tortoises but are fast and vicious.   Luigi, a paranormal enthusiest, believes that the Shellcreepers are a whole new order of life, since they are blue, possess certain birdlike features, and are all-around unturtleish.  Plus their shells seem to be biomechanical add-ons that are not only dangerous when the Shellcreeper is dead, but can over time regenerate a new 'Creeper.  Mario is skeptical of his diagnosis, but as they get deeper and deeper into the sewers thay start finding mysterious technology and "artifacts" that shouldn't be there.  They find the source of the Shellcreepers, a large pipe that's design matches the weird technology they found earlier.  Luigi crawl through the pipe and eventually emerges in a vast prairie full of more advanced relativesof the Shellcreepers ("Koopa Troopas" and "Paratroopas") and motile mushrooms ("Goombas").  He finds an indigenous life form named Kinopio (nicknamed "Toad") who tells him that this is Mushroom World, a parallel universe.  Recently, the eight allied kingdoms of Mushroom World have been annexed by the Koopas, a race of dragon-like beings who travel from one universe to another for the purpose of conquest.  The human princesses (Peach and Daisy Toadstool) of the two allied kingdoms Mushroom World is now under the imperial rule of genetically engineered Koopa Monsters, but there is still hope.  A prophesy states that two brothers from another world will destroy the Koopas, rescue the princesses, and restore peace to Mushroom World.  Luigi returns through the "Warp Zone" to get his brother.

This is all I got done before I decided to stop writing because I was wasting by time and getting really bored.
Mega 2

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2000, 08:10:47 AM »
That's an ok idea... Although I don't really understand what it has to do with the traditional Mario plot (Princess being captured, Bowser invading the Mushroom Kingdom, etc.) The story you're writing seems more like the Mario Bros. game (not Super Mario Bros.) for the Arcade...

Mario Maniac!!

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2000, 10:35:39 AM »
I probably would have gotten to the "Super Mario Bros." plot if I hadn't gotten bored so quick.  : )
Mega 2

Print