Print

Author Topic: Things That Drive Me Nuts  (Read 72087 times)

« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2005, 08:31:54 PM »
Okay here's some rebuttal action

-Flamers -> Okay, no one likes them but sometimes they're comical!
-Rap music (How the heck can they call it music?)->Okay, it's not that great, but some of it is good.
-Sexual predators->Hey, they're human...although they're not...usual
-Anyone to threaten my girlfriends (same as above)->If someone threatens someone and ISN'T joking, then it's stupid.
-Swear words (not slang. Slang is not swearing, most of the time)->Hey!  Swearing is the foundation of our society.
-The things they talk about in rap songs. (Nothing but obscure filth I can't mention here)->Yah...it's pretty much all the same.
-excessively violent & bloody videogames like GTA and all those mobster titles.->Some of it can be entertaining, just have a sense of humour.
-When Princess Peach cheats in Mario Party 2, at least it seems like it.->Yah, what a beeyatch.
-People who slander other's names. (I stick up for the slandered.)->Slandered?  What is slandered?->It's cool if you're joking.
-The fact that no girl at my school acknowledges my existance. (Actually, I'm okay with it most of the time, but I didn't get any valentines yesterday!)->Don't worry about it, if they don't like you, to hell with 'em!
-Why slipknot sings about what they sing.->They have opinions, and some of us like heavy metal.
-"Highway to Hell" and any other song besides "TNT" that ACDC wrote.->I don't like ACDC either.
-Pokemon. It's driven me insane ever since I quit liking it. Now it just infuriorates me. (Hey, I never said this list wasn't going to be controversial!)->Pokemon is crap.
-The fact that no one around me has any musical taste whatsoever.->That's strictly an opinion...what would you call music anyway?  It better not be wussy.
-Morons that beat up on women because they suck at fighting men.->HAHAHAHAHAHA!  That's kinda funny.
-How I seem to have lost total respect because of my radical opinions.->Nah you didn't...everyone has opinions.
-Rap->See above
-M-rated games->???How old are you?
-People who regularly play M-rated games->see above
-AIM speak->What?
-Broad generalizations->What?
-American politics->Stereotypical
-Those magnetic ribbons that people put on their cars->Never knew they existed
-Radical supporters of (insert political party here)->Yah people who have no life you mean
-moveon.org->Never seen it
-godaddy.com->Never seen it
-People who drive around with the music blaring in your ears->Hey that's awesome
-Music that involves people screaming->You don't love it?  I think it's clever
-The fact that people make money from making music that involves them screaming->Well it's actually good music.
-Ultra-patriotism->What?
-Super (insert ideology/religion here)->Religion is often taken too far
-Stereotypes->Too many it's scary
-Hypocrites->Hehehehe
-People who complain but don't do anything about what they're complaining about->Whiners?
-Morons->Stereotype!!!
-People who think that (insert followers of any religion) should die because they don't agree with their beliefs.->Yah that's stupid
-Frivolous lawsuits->What?
-Litigation in general->What?
-Dial-up->Yah it sucks
-Obvious grammar errors->Meh it saves time
-People who talk during concerts->What do you expect them to listen? that's boring!
-People who bring their children to concerts and talk to them->Leave them alone, you'll have kids someday and you'll have to put up with them
-People who go to concerts with their children to explain it to them loudly during the show (I will NEVER go to a matinee performance again)->Calm down!
-Macintosh->Crap
-The iPod craze->I still don't know what an i-pod is!
-A good majority of reality TV->Crap
-Popups->Crap
-Crying babies in areas with no escape->I hate crying to, but we all need to endure it at some time
-Standardized tests->Deal with it
-Urban legends->Huh
-Dieting fads (ie: Atkins)->Some people wanna look their best!
-Really bad manners->they can be annoying
-People who radically support (insert console here) and no others->Like everybody here?
-NBC's ultra-biased Olympic coverage->Olympics are all over!

« Reply #241 on: April 23, 2008, 10:58:33 PM »
You know, I liked this thread, I think it's worthy of a nice bump. I'll make a list of things that currently drive me nuts:

- Final Destination when it's constantly used in Melee or Brawl
- The "No Items" ideology of people in any Smash game
- The fact that I'm not in college because we're too poor to afford it
- Frozen dinners (As in any already-made food that just needs to be heated up in a microwave or oven)
- My sister constantly referring to her boyfriend as "baby"
- The fact that her boyfriend is LIVING with us
- The sound of my brother and his girlfriend making love in the other room
- Though not so much, the fact that I'm the only one of my siblings who has never made love

This'll also give a chance for new users who've never seen this thread to list the things that drive them nuts.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #242 on: April 23, 2008, 11:09:48 PM »
-People who freak out over M-rated games because they had sheltered childhoods
-The Dharma logo in Cloverfield (if J.J. Abrams pulls what crap I think he might pull, I will personally slap him)
-Being poor enough to not afford new video games but not poor enough to garner sympathy from people
-Inexplicably feeling the need to apologize to people for stuff other people did
-People who stick cuss words in their sentences to sound older/tougher (not cussing in genral, just poor use of it)
-Seeing a thread bumped from three yeas ago that I never saw and thinking I've missed out on some twelve pages
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #243 on: April 23, 2008, 11:49:28 PM »
-Vid bumping useless topics
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #244 on: April 24, 2008, 12:07:27 AM »
- Vid complaining about needless, similar personal topics

- Garlic dipping sauce (it always spills)

« Reply #245 on: April 24, 2008, 12:13:46 AM »
- When people (usually always the same ones) complain about stuff I do

I don't believe this thread is useless, and you wouldn't've posted that if a more "respected" member (read: member that's liked by the mods) bumped this.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #246 on: April 24, 2008, 12:21:55 AM »
A more respected member wouldn't have bumped it.
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #247 on: April 24, 2008, 02:01:56 AM »
POINTLESS ARGUING

oh sup guys

oh not closing this because I think this isn't a bad topic at all. Aside from the POINTLESS ARGUING
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 02:03:52 AM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

« Reply #248 on: April 24, 2008, 06:45:29 AM »
 - Mandatory schooling
 - PETA
 - Bad grammar
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #249 on: April 24, 2008, 09:49:36 AM »
- ANGST Thread clones.
- "dunno" being considered acceptable.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #250 on: April 24, 2008, 03:47:06 PM »
- "dunno" being considered acceptable.

It's for those times when "don't know" is too strong but "IDK" would be too casual. It's the business casual of phrases.
every

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #251 on: April 24, 2008, 04:26:09 PM »
- when people complain about bumped topics.
Seriously, what's so bad about bumping topics? It isn't hurting anything. Also, this topic isn't useless.

-the idea that any kind of negative stuff has to go in the Angst thread. Having a variety of threads is better.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #252 on: April 24, 2008, 05:50:36 PM »
Ha Vid, I know how ya feel sometimes. Ever since the Frozenpants guy who got our (Meowrik and I) half-op deal taken away, some of the people like to run me over because of the opinions I have and the things that I mention, but I don't worry about it anymore. I'm 18 and have a life, so I don't let the things they say get to me.

So anyway:

-People who drag their feet when they walk
-Cocky people
-Rude, insensitive people
-People who flame
-People who think forums and the internet in general are their sole purpose for living.
-People who like ricers
-People who are too friggin' close-minded about everything and shoot down everyone with a keyboard because it's the only way they know how.
-People who freak out when people curse once in a while or when they get extremely angry.
-People who think "crap, sucks, etc." are as offensive as the F-Bob-Omb.
-People who are ditzy and think they are on top of the world when in reality they have no clue what they're talking about.
-People who talk crap about the country I live in, support, and pay for.
-People who have a problem with others referring to their bf/gf as "sweetie" or "babe" even after they've been dating for well over a year just because they can't find a girlfriend.
-Arguing on the internet. No one can hear your angry fast typing across the wire and USING CAPS to express your already hard-to-decipher tone in text is annoying too.
-People who trip about M-Rated games.
-People who are greenies.
-People whose main goal of the day is to try and talk as much shizcrap about everyone else's consoles except their own.... although it's usually only the really nerdy kids who do that anyway. I like Wii, 360, and don't think the PS3's all that special, but they all have their ups and downs.

--People who pick favorites.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 05:55:27 PM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #253 on: April 24, 2008, 08:16:15 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #254 on: April 24, 2008, 08:48:44 PM »
- The fact that I'm not in college because we're too poor to afford it

Federal Financial Aid and Scholarships exist for a reason. Saying "I'm too poor" as your reason for not attending a 4 year college is a stupid excuse by lazy people. Then again I'm mainly annoyed by the amount of people either going to State or to community college here. I'm one of the few willing to move outside my homestate to further my life.

I'm also quite annoyed about people now expecting me to pay for everything because I now have an official bank account. I'm willing to buy myself rare action figures off eBay but there's no way I'm going to pay for lunch for 7 unemployed losers with no benefits who just happen to bump into me at the store (AKA My friends, whom I don't fight for).
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print